Search results

1. G

"Forward" sounding amplifiers

Can anyone list forward sounding amps, as in thru the midrange, so I can avoid them? Miss my recently failed Acurus amp after 25 yrs of service, and this Chiro amp I have is a nightmare--inferior bass, poor focus, and too forward.. Any thoughts on Parasound A21, Anthem 225, etc.. An Aragon...
  2. G

Should I become an AudioKarma Subscriber?

OT here...i see you're "on a lake in GA"..is it near where they shoot "Ozark"? Love that show.
  3. G

Don't skimp on speaker cables, they are important...

I 86ed 35 yr old "original" Monster Cable for this 220 dollar Transparent Cable in 8 ft bananas. The bass went to pudding. Back to Monster.
  4. G

What's better than oppo 95 but not $$$$$

Bluray players are not optimized for CD sound.
  5. G

What was your first "good" camera?

Nikon FM2, 1984. Like 350 for the body and a Series E zoom was like 250. Now, you pay thousands of dollars for plastic junk.
  6. G

What does your listening position look like?

Anyone have one of those Eames chairs? I love those, they're 5500 bucks today.
  7. G

Pics of your listening space

https://ibb.co/cwTyTh1
  8. G

Questions about your music listening routine

1. No turntable 2.On, looks better 3. Loud, when drinking--craft beer 4. Move around, my Ohms have a wide wide sweet spot 5. see #3 6. see #4 7. Classic rock, 80s 8. Maybe once a day
  9. G

Pre + Power amps on $500 budget. Which?

Another vote for the Parasound HCA-1000A. And I was surprised how little damage the Adcom GTP-502 did to the sound. Plus its packed with inputs, and a lighted volume knob, and you can make minute adjustments with the remote.
  10. G

What was your favorite inexpensive audio surprise?

A Sherwood AD2220-CP integrated amp for 200 clams new. Circa 1984. A fantastic piece.
  11. G

best car of 80's votes

944 M3 MR2
  12. G

”Screw streaming...I only listen to music I OWN!”

1000? I couldn't make it to 1000 even if I included all the "one hit wonder" albums, but then the remainder of those are crap lol. I think streaming is best for millennials. The last album I bought that I liked was 1998. Or possibly 2003.
  13. G

”Screw streaming...I only listen to music I OWN!”

I'm about to kick streaming to the curb. It's akin to an All-You-Can-Eat buffet: it sounds like a good idea, hey I can pile all this stuff on..but then you realize I added 150 albums to my list and I only really can listen to 35 of them all the way through so I might as well buy those on CD and...
  14. G

Any way to stream music without using your TV to navigate?

The blasted Fire Stick lol. And how would you run a DAC thru this? I do see something like a Marantz ND8006 supports Amazon Music HD and Tidal but how would you navigate? Do I have to use the mic and shout out "play Zeppelin II" or something?
  15. G

This would be at home with Amazon Music HD.
  16. G

This is a big sore spot for me..
  17. G

Led Zeppelin I - The Greatest Debut Album Of All Time?

Yup. Love the Pretenders and Zep II. And i gotta be the only fan that doesn't care for the debuts' of Van Halen, Rush, Liz Phair, and the Police.
  18. G

Device for Amazon HD?

How do you run a DAC thru the Fire Stick?
  19. G

Audio equipment you wish you still had.

JVC 1050 CD player Acurus A250 --just died after a quarter century, I think the Ohm Is may have killed it Sennheiser HD580s. The 600s will fit only those that have pin heads.
  20. G

Pics of your listening space

I'm in need of cable management.. https://ibb.co/hdMXrT0
  21. G

For those who enjoy the dated format of CD, which of these two players would you go with?

Oppo UDP-205 audio sounds terrible "After listening to several discs types and file formats thru my two channel setup, I am completely unimpressed. Oppo bills this thing as an "Audiophile" player, so I guess I was expecting more in terms of its sound quality. I may be wrong, but I have a...
  22. G

For those who enjoy the dated format of CD, which of these two players would you go with?

Isn't that Sony a DVD changer? Even a DVD player should sound better than the 93. Bluray players don't sound good with CDs. I gave up on streaming as well, all the bit depth and rate stuff is nonsense, CDs still sound best to me. Keep in mind any crappy remasters will also be the same version...
  23. G

Are NAD receivers troublesome ?

NAD is like the VW of stereo equip, nothing but problems yet they sell like hotcakes, still in business after all these decades.
  24. G

What CD Player Do You Use?

Oppo 103 sounds like hell with CDs. Anyone tried a DAC with these to see if it helps? Went to a 20 yr old Marantz carousel. Then an NAD C568, then a Marantz 6006, both current models. The winner? The 20 yr old Marantz..but still not as good as my 27 yr old JVC 1050. There's a lesson here.
Back
Top Bottom