Search results

1. PanheadXR290

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I'm not exactly sure what I'm hearing right now,I bought some cd's from a garage sale last week & just discovered a plain disc somebody burned from an lp to cd format ,the disc is untitled but the music is excellent,I'm leaning towards it being a John Cage album because of the arrangements and...
  2. PanheadXR290

Gear value and exposure to smoking

Your research may very well be factual but I'm speaking from 1st hand experience & long term use of gear that's underwent ozone saturation without any adverse issues to electronics ,to surrounds or any parts in a speaker ,I can't remember off the top of my head the exact ppm my UV ozone...
  3. PanheadXR290

What songs do you want played at your funeral?

Just 1 song will do and that i would want to be Frank Zappa Broken Hearts are for Assholes .
  4. PanheadXR290

Triamping or Biamping Mcintosh line arrays ?

Amybody else using the DBX Driverack PA-2 to Triamp their Mcintosh line arrays ? Coming in at a poultry $459 the features on this unit makes it a beast for 2 channel ,its 3 way crossover allows you to bypass factory slopes & set your own slope for bass mids & highs ,it also has independent gain...
  5. PanheadXR290

Audio as a hobby is dying ... ?

Yes,the generations raised on buying electronics they know will be outdated & disposable began losing interest in owning a proper high quality 2 channel system,or quad system in the mid 1980s ,anybody who was atleast 20 in 1980 would have grown up seeing a good quality hifi system in nearly...
  6. PanheadXR290

True “full range” floorstanding speakers

I second your opinion about Behringer amps from 1st hand experience, i was given a Behringer A-500 amp from Audioholics to compare with any 100 to 150 wpc @8 ohm high end amp of my choice ,i ran it against a Mcintosh Mc-7100 and a Mc-150 ,the Behringer A-500s 150 wpc sounded no different than...
  7. PanheadXR290

Ive been using UV ozone in my grow rooms for over 35 years with zero ill effect to the rubber gaskets in my inline fans or the electronic ballasts electronics ,ive also uses the same UV ozone generators to de nicotine the very 1st pair of Mcintosh XRT-22 line arrays i bought from Agon newsletter...
  8. PanheadXR290

Whats the last FULL ALBUM you listened to?

Most recognize the album by its hook which is known as the Excorcist Theme,the album is one piece of music that takes both sides of the album to hear,the 1970s masterpiece is called Tubular Bells by master musician Mike Oldfield ,its a fantastic album.
  9. PanheadXR290

Whats the last FULL ALBUM you listened to?

I have dozens of albums where each song is so good its a must to listen to both sides or the entire disc,this afternoon i started off with Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs and let it play through,that lead to Frank Zappa Overnight Sensation which played straight through,after that i put on the...
  10. PanheadXR290

Storing speaker grilles while off

The safest way ive found to store unused speaker grills is to buy a sheet of pink or blue rigid foam insulation from Home Depot,cut the board to be 6" wider than the speaker grill on all 4 sides,lay the board down flat and slowly push the grill locking pegs into the pink board,after both grills...
  11. PanheadXR290

Tune your system the way live pro sound people do for cheap

Youd get off cheaper & have much better results by simply buying a brand new DBX eq that is also a 2 to 3 way active crossover as well as loaded with the latest room correction software with pink & white noise generators ,i paid $450 for my DBX brand new,it replaced the Mcintosh MEN 220 Room...
  12. PanheadXR290

Nah,getting rid of even years of cigar smoke on speakers is super easy,i wash everything real well to remove nicotine,then put the speakers in a small closet along with a UV Ozone generator,i seal the door tight & depending on how heavy the odor i leave them to saturate with ultra violet ozone...
  13. PanheadXR290

What are some obscure/rare/hard to find movies that you enjoy?

This Peter Sellers movie titled Being There is extremely obscure yet prolly the most brilliant movie Sellers ever played a part in ,a retarded child spends 60 yrs working in his wealthy caregivers garden but has never left the small walled in DC estate,his only knowledge of the world outside the...
  14. PanheadXR290

First post ever, need help with speaker selection!

For the available wattage you have to drive a speaker you will want something easy to drive,for the type of music you listen to ,and your available wattage i can think of no better used speaker than a Cerwin Vega floor standing model ,they are always on craigslist and within your budget,because...
  15. PanheadXR290

Instruments that you don´t like?

Heres how bagpipes were invented lol
  16. PanheadXR290

Instruments that you don´t like?

I hate several instruments. Bagpipes,who thought of using a sheeps internals to make a musical instrument in the first place ? The Theremin really really sucks,zero musical skill needed to play. 24 string bass guitars. The 1980s Casio keyboard Lastly i cant stand pro tools and amp...
  17. PanheadXR290

True “full range” floorstanding speakers

I absolutely agree with every Mcintosh speaker system you recommended, i bought Roger Russells white XR-290s that will hit 20hz,i own 2 pair of XRT-22s that also hit 20hz,my favorite line array has become my XRT-28s that hit 16hz,nothing in the Klipsch or JBL under $20 k range even comes...
  18. PanheadXR290

Your Greatest Audio Find (Garage Sale, Craigslist, etc.)?

My most valuable used gear find of all time are the Mcintosh XR-290 line arrays that were the personal hand made model of Mcintosh legend Roger Russell ,putting a dollar number on 1 of a kind historical pieces of gear is subjective to each mans love of the rare item so i didnt blink at paying...
  19. PanheadXR290

Dumbing down speakers

If you know your moving then do not purchase any audio gear with the limitations of the condo or apartment you have now in mind,if your gonna be upgrading your sub as well if it were me id purchase the Heresy ,it's a legendary speaker system that stands the test of time better than the Fortes,i...
  20. PanheadXR290

Older audiophiles checking out

Im an old Ben Gay & Whkskey smelling geezer my own self with several hobbies that are important to me,like high end hifi ,all things Mcintosh history ,all things Frank Zappa & the Mother's related ,motorcycles both US and forigen made ,handguns is a huge hobby as well as long rifles & carbines...
  21. PanheadXR290

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Pantera Revolution is my name on my newly installed Mcintosh front & rear door speakers in my Chevy Colorado.
  22. PanheadXR290

Ozone Generator - Anyone use one on gear?

Im South of Flint Michigan in winters and North of Frankenmuth Michigan every summer, i also have 2 enormous Corona discharge ozone generators i bought before learning Corona discharge suffers massive reductions in output following humidity percentages, UV generators emit a constant PPM...
  23. PanheadXR290

A fellow Mcintosh fanatic please tell me how my packing was " poorly " done

Ive kept 6 pieces of damaged gear that was fully paid off as total loss, the last piece was a $900 2nd generation Mc-7100 they dropped on its face & smashed the glass,here it is sitting in my gun closet awaiting new glass.
  24. PanheadXR290

A fellow Mcintosh fanatic please tell me how my packing was " poorly " done

Oh im already planning on suing UPS and they know it , ive successfully sued them & won twice years back when i was flipping 10 to 30 pieces of Mac & Krell a month , im now finished with UPS proper & dealing direct with UPS's inhouse bonded insurance carrier ,UPS tried taking the amp to an "...
  25. PanheadXR290

Your (least) favorite Audio Weasel Words

#1 The word Chocolatey to describe mids. #2 Pointing out the obvious,like saying a dozen KT-88s are like space heaters . #3 the Google translator from Chineese to Engrish , for listening pawar ! and pleasure one sock on with an audio goodness sure to put smile on happy face while listening...
Back
Top Bottom