Search results

1. Blue Devil

Happy Birthday Mister Pig!

Happy Birthday. I enjoy reading your posts, even the long ones.
  2. Blue Devil

anyone dealing currently with Roger Kennedy?

Yeah, emails don't really interrupt That's one of their virtues
  3. Blue Devil

Tesla Model S After 400,000 km

That depends on the kind of battery, right? Obviously you're referring to the NCA Lithium-Ion batteries in a Tesla but is it also true for phone, tablet, and laptop batteries? I hope I'm not doing them wrong.
  4. Blue Devil

Option to purchase a Jaguar....

That survey pertains to the "sales experience" and treatment of customers by the dealer when new cars are being sold. It has absolutely nothing to do with the dependability ratings (a completely different survey) not to mention the reliability of 20-year old cars with 200K miles.
  5. Blue Devil

Ford took Aston Martin and Land Rover, as well as Volvo from Sweden. Divested all of them during the financial cataclysm of 2008. The British auto industry pretty much committed suicide. Bentley went to Volkswagen and Rolls to BMW.
  6. Blue Devil

1990 was, but it took Ford several years to get jaguar in order. Nonetheless, a 20-year old jaguar with 200K miles is the definition of insanity.
  7. Blue Devil

Accuphase vs.Pioneer

LOL that's a phrase I will file away for future reference
  8. Blue Devil

Suggestion for Floor Stander under $800

Congrats. You ran into the AUDIOkarma Jamo-Matic buzz saw and lived to tell the tale.
  9. Blue Devil

Speakers for Classical Music

How loud do you listen? The Harbeth 30.1 and 30.2 are frankly amazing with piano and orchestra music, but they need room to sing. I haven't heard the 40 series but I have to assume they would be even more impressive--and demanding. There's no sense feeding such fine speakers with anything less...
  10. Blue Devil

Muzishare X7 or Willsenton R8?

Have heard them both and the Willsenton definitely presents a sharper soundstage as well as a richer, more sophisticated and detailed sound. And that was with the stock tubes. Can't help with the wife problem though. I don't even have headphones.
  11. Blue Devil

MA 9000 as a pre into a Dynaco VTA ST120

Might be the world's heaviest pre..
  12. Blue Devil

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Jan 2, 2019
  13. Blue Devil

Pickups in the US

We listen to music while they sit in front of the TV set in another room, having their minds mangled nightly by what I will politely refer to as "cultural propaganda". It's a crying shame but this symbolizes where our country is now, and yes it pervades everything right down to family...
  14. Blue Devil

McIntosh MCD301 vs: MCD500 Shootout

Thanks Miles that's helpful. That may be the model I was thinking of.
  15. Blue Devil

6 Reasons Why McIntosh Amplifiers are some of the BEST in the world

Yeah I really like the illuminated green nomenclature but the big blue meters lost their appeal after the first few weeks. Mind you I don't hate them, they just don't interest me particularly.
  16. Blue Devil

McIntosh MCD301 vs: MCD500 Shootout

Is the MCD301 the model which has obsolete software or hardware? If not the 301, which model is it? I remember reading here about one of the models from that era which were dangerous to own because of NLA parts or dead-end software. Does anyone remember?
  17. Blue Devil

Do you prefer listening to music alone, share it with others or both?

Right? If you use those it's probably better to be alone
  18. Blue Devil

Damping Factor

It absolutely depends on those two things, especially the speakers--and also upon your taste as well. Tube amps traditionally have low DF but I'd never dismiss one for that reason alone. Would just match it judiciously with my speakers.
  19. Blue Devil

What difference will an extra 150 watts make?

Yeah, I wondered how people were assessing your amp so specifically without actually knowing what it is. Anyway it's fun switching out components but I don't think you're short on power.
  20. Blue Devil

Damping Factor

Too much spectrum in this thread. So I'll add some more. It's my understanding that an excessively high DF results in an overly dry LF sound. But I also agree with Mr Gellings upthread that above a certain number, the spec becomes less and less meaningful. Just what that number is, is open to...
  21. Blue Devil

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

It may be an unfortunate collision of Zu Audio with WAF.
  22. Blue Devil

Best speaker recommendations by tomorrow! lol

Yeah these are from well before Mac got its loudspeaker act in gear. I wouldn't take this model for free even. They gave Mac speakers a bad rep back in the old days.
  23. Blue Devil

Should I buy this JD riding mower?

Not to mention, walking is much more healthy than sitting.
  24. Blue Devil

What's your take on German Shepherds?

The AKC does a tremendous amount of damage, followed by breeders. Virtually every breed desperately needs more genetic diversity at this point, but both stand in the way. Sort of depends on where you live. In nature, dogs huddle together to share body warmth in winter. Hard for a lone dog to do...
  25. Blue Devil

Anybody else notice mail delivery screwed up

What does this mean??
Back
Top Bottom