Search results

1. Bicyclist

Resurrecting a Dynaco Fm5

I received this tuner years ago when I bought a console hifi for the Dual 1009sk that was in it. The Dual got me deep into idlers which is another story. The FM5 didn't work or so I thought. It was missing the fuse cap. 5 years later I decided to see what I had. The indicator lights and...
  2. Bicyclist

Cold solder joint on a dynaco fm3

I will go slowly. Honestly it sounds good enough now and has all dynaco labeled tubes. I would like to replace power supply caps eventually. In this room I have a pas2-st35-altec flamenco's with a dual 1229 as my main source. Super old school but pretty fun.
  3. Bicyclist

I may upgrade after I get my sca35 totally sorted. It sounds great except for the phono pre. This tuner smokes the old Sony silver face I was using. It just sounds big and fat with less compression than my usual tuner. Still plenty compressed, but less.
  4. Bicyclist

I bought this unit for 80$ and the guy said it worked. By the time I got it home it didn't. Turns out v1 thru v6 weren't getting filament voltage. There is a point on the board labeled 18 in the dynaco documentation that feeds all six of these tubes and wouldn't you know it, there was a cold...
  5. Bicyclist

Shure M75 and/or M91 opinions

I find elliptical pfanstiehls on Shure cartridges pretty darn satisfying.
  6. Bicyclist

New 1229 in the house

I sold a 1228 but it was hard to see it go. I have two 1229s and they are always in the single play position.
  7. Bicyclist

New 1229 in the house

I always wanted a breadbox and this was for sale. The previous owner was unsure how to get it running, it took surprisingly little work. Someone had already freed up all of the pivot points. It sounds amazing with a realistic version of an m75 but mostly, I have pined for a breadbox for years!
  8. Bicyclist

Here I go, finally confronting the Altec itch...

How are they sounding?
  9. Bicyclist

New Dual Idler Wheels from Canada

I have one on a 1019 and a 1229. Nothing but good to say about them. I also have a stock 1009sk and I love that deck. It just works record after record.
  10. Bicyclist

New Dual Idler Wheels from Canada

Just follow the directions that come with it. I bought two for different turntables and I can't remember the exact procedure. I think it comes with oil and a little carbon washer.
  11. Bicyclist

Russian paper diaphrams for Altec horns

Very cool, love to hear more about these also.
  12. Bicyclist

Very inspiring, it looks pretty similar volume wise to what I need for my tannoys.
  13. Bicyclist

Like the idea of mounting them outside. The things I learn on audiokarma!
  14. Bicyclist

Scored a rough set of Altec Flamenco's.

They would be more beautiful if all the trim pieces were there but in my music studio room they sound amazing.
  15. Bicyclist

I got my driver's out of a pair of church monitors for 300$ so I'm not hurting yet. My real concern is where I will be able to put them
  16. Bicyclist

Altec Lansing Flamenco speakers. Some questions about the N-800F crossover.

Thanks for the schematics. I have a set of Heathkit as-101s which have a different crossover with similar drivers except 8 ohm. I recently picked up a set of Flamenco's in 16 ohm with original crossovers intact. They sound remarkably good as is. Certainly very similar to the recapped heathkits...
  17. Bicyclist

I want to do this for a pair of tannoys I have, you are inspiring me!
  18. Bicyclist

Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

In my living room on top of heathkit as-101s(Altec Valencias) I have a pair of these
  19. Bicyclist

I'm so glad they are making new stuff.
  20. Bicyclist

It's like Xmas when you pull the back off!
  21. Bicyclist

Also these crossovers have not been serviced.
  22. Bicyclist

I love seeing the green.
  23. Bicyclist

Today I worked them out a bit and realized I had them hooked up to the 8 ohm taps on the st35. After moving to the 16s they seemed a little nicer yet and unbelievably more efficient than anything I've had in that room. The last speakers on the dynaco setup were fisher xp10s. No comparison in my...
Back
Top Bottom