Search results

1. gongli

Rate my budget monoblock setup! Rotell rmb-100's

Nice…I bet it sounds real satisfying! Enjoy for a few weeks b4 upgrade bug gets you again - lol
  2. gongli

My $200 setup

The setup above was $200 used. I got lucky with the finds… In my main: B&W Diamond 803 McIntosh TT and Cartridge Audio Research TT pre Krell pre and power Sony super CD player Transparent cables RCA and speakers Power conditioner
  3. gongli

What do audiophiles here think about the new B&W line of 600, 700, 800?

The new affordable line is soft and pliable loaded spring in the woofer for Kef like comfortable sound, rather than the clean clear sound of the past… What do people think about them, just curious☺️
  4. gongli

My $200 setup

I assembled this system from used gears: Klipsch KG-1.5 speakers Sony CDP-C601es CD player AdCom GTP-400 Audiosource Amp310 Ixos gamma cables RCA and speakers These are all pretty good midfi gears and they sound pretty good to me. My main retails for $63,000 new ( I payed a fraction of that...
  5. gongli

Cabin in the woods

Abide, how does the Emotiva sound compared to Parasound or AdCom for instance? I was interested in them but never heard them...
  6. gongli

Cabin in the woods

Mark, you might want to upgrade the speakers to match Mc gears unless you really like them - what genre do you listen to? Cerwins do Rock well I heard, but not too refined for others...Just a thought - hope this helps...
  7. gongli

PC HeadPhone Amp ??

I have one for sale if you are interested in it - it's Headroom Cosmic Headphone Amp. What say you KL?
  8. gongli

Good sounding cheap Chinese tube amps?

Sincere_thanks_to_all_those_who_helped_out_here!____You_guys_are_a_great_source_of_hifi_info---so_friendly_and_informed!
  9. gongli

No Name Gem for Peanuts

If you are on a tight budget and want quality music in your life, try this Chinese Bluetooth cans on Amazon for below $20! They look expensive and have sound that is satisfying on many types of music. I been using them for a few weeks now and am completely satisfied with them - especially for...
  10. gongli

Good sounding cheap Chinese tube amps?

Thanks for that buff - I heard a lot about Jolidas but never heard them alive. Hopefully I will in the future...
  11. gongli

Gooood sounding computer speakers for under $400?

Definitely! Thanks for the suggestions - i will look into those Wizard.. Good listening to all of you guys and girls on this site.
  12. gongli

2023 Christmas Music Thread

Vienna Boy"s Christmas album.
  13. gongli

Time for new speakers. Suggestions appreciated.

You might also want to experiment with a more powerful amp - I love my KG4 when I hooked it up to 300 watts per ch Onkyo Integra pre/power amp (M-504?) - Just a thought. I would never sell the Klipsch or look for another speakers - that's how much I love them...They are dynamic speakers!
  14. gongli

I am looking for powered speakers to save space. I have decent DAC. Bluetooth is not vital as it tends to degrade the sound, and perhaps the radiation issue? Yes streaming hi res music from Amazon Music Unlimited Listen to classical, female pops, jazz, and Kpop (Korean Pop)
  15. gongli

Surprised with the quality of Amazon Echo Pop with Alexa

I just got Echo Pop ($39.95 - often on sale for less) and so very happy with the sound in my bathroom, I had to let you all know - if you have not heard them, since they are not usual audiophile product. The sound is close to audiophile quality, which I didn't expect for the size and the price...
  16. gongli

Vintage Speakers £500?

British audio made many good speakers, so you should be able to find quality pair for the money. I second the ones already mentioned, especially Braun / ADS. I simply adored mine, but was stupid to sell them to my cello student for peanuts, because she needed them but was not willing to spend...
  17. gongli

Bose 601 Series 1 Crossover

Don't mean to be a snob, but there are more refined speakers to be had for peanuts on the used market to work on - just my 2 cents worth - please don't take it the wrong way - I just don't want you to go through all the trouble and your son not be happy with the sound. As you know, it's not...
  18. gongli

Help me with my new Listening Room

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Handbook-Acoustics-Seventh-Everest/dp/1260473597/ref=asc_df_1260473597/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=509037941945&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1336178322823634521&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031161&hvtargid=pla-1184596851776&psc=1
  19. gongli

More than the run of the mill computer speaker : PSB Alpha PS1

The used one is sold already - sorry.
  20. gongli

What is your best tip on computer speakers for new under $400? Thanks in advance...
  21. gongli

Great value on bluetooth speakers on sale at $25.99

Just a heads up on a good sounding bluetooth speaker for peanuts. My friends had Oontz 3 bluetooth speaker and I was impressed - clear top, non-fatiguing sound, but lacking in bass as you can imagine for a small speaker like this one. It's on sale on amazon for 35% off at $25.99. It's perfect...
  22. gongli

Cerwin Vega VS 80. Tell me about them!

Not the most refined souding but they are fun Rock-N-Role speakers, and the price is right - can't pass them up for that!
  23. gongli

Time for new speakers. Suggestions appreciated.

I loved my Braun speakers - ADS are the same except perhaps a little more expensive, so I would hunt for Braun speakers used - they sound liquid and transparent that is habit forming. I find myself returning to them again and again with enthusiasm - some days, I can't wait to fire them up - I...
  24. gongli

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/diy-absorption-panels.445703/
  25. gongli

If you are not too familiar with room treatment, I would recommend this book, if you got the time. Basically you want the sound only from the speakers directly. to your ears, and not the sounds that counce off the wall, ceiling, and the floor. You can treat those spots with thick absorbers - you...
Back
Top Bottom