Search results

1. ESP

what im starting with

Welcome to AK, and the rabbit hole you are peering into now. I just looked up your receiver and it appears that you don't have pre-outs that would allow you to hook up a couple more amps. There are two pre-out jacks that are only for subwoofers, and two line out jacks that would only work if you...
  2. ESP

Show Us Your Listening Chair

I have always loved the Wassily and the LC2, and the Barcelona. So I had to buy a pair of these Currently parked next to the Nautilus. I always thought they looked like the weird love child of the Barcelona and the LC2 with a tail, I mean table. I only sit there if someone has to hear the...
  3. ESP

I was expecting the swivel to go out long ago yet it just keeps swiveling. I was surprised how comfortable this chair is as it looks kinda awkward with the uneven arms. Your chair look quite comfortable, I agree with mystic, I could live with that.
  4. ESP

Kagan Nautilus ? or inspired anyway, very comfortable, been looking for a matching ottoman . I love the swivel as I can spin around and take care of my audio needs
  5. ESP

Knowledgeable Vintage Speaker Experts Needed

Lots of good advice here, be patient, and expand your search, CL, and local p/u on ebay, garage sales, second hand shops all can give tremendous deals. From your description of what your looking for I would also recommend high efficiency like Klipsch and Cerwin Vega. My last speaker purchase was...
  6. ESP

Today's Illinois Tunes and Musicians Playlist

How about a little Chicago ska... What a cool thread, takin me down memory lane.
  7. ESP

My Tiny Auditorium... :)

Wow, once again I must say well done. That you don't notice any appreciable difference right away is also a good sign that you did it well. All that audio goodness on hand certainly deserves no less than what you have built. Also, its been a while, and I just now feel the need to revisit some...
  8. ESP

And, yet another one from the Klipsch forum

welcome aboard to the better board.
  9. ESP

My Tiny Auditorium... :)

I was just thinking the same thing. Small, yes, but that just makes it easier to get to all the audio goodness at hand. Well done!
  10. ESP

Fun with Dual built Prep Epner with a surprise in the box

Still waiting for one of those to show up for me magically on a old used table, my pe table showed up in pieces. lol. nice score.
  11. ESP

Artsy photos of your gear

There is a bunch of sexy gear in that pic. Me, I am looking at the reflection of your tt in the left speaker... I would love to see more of that.
  12. ESP

Medium compliance cart on low mass tonearm?

First, welcome to Ak. Second, welcome to the rabbit hole, or are they one in the same? "I feel like there is something missing from the sound" is something is something we contemplate regardless of the cost of the system. As always the members here have given some good advice, have you in your...
  13. ESP

What the DAC is going on?

To the OP's point, storing your music digitally is super convenient, play any track any time, no album flipping, tape threading, disc changing....
  14. ESP

What the DAC is going on?

Yup, you got it. Just think about it, your sitting and typing and reading on AK, want to listen to above said music, all you have to do is click tape 34, click through to b side and listen. All while your still sitting at your pc. Its just another input. :)
  15. ESP

Need help vetting the work done to these KEF 104/2s

+1 One of the questions I always ask "why are you selling" Some of the answers I got were quite telling...
  16. ESP

Cerwin Vega D-8e woofer question

Excellent, now I know for sure. Like I said it was just a curiosity for me, and I knew would get an answer here. Thank you.
  17. ESP

Thanks for posting the pics for comparison.
  18. ESP

I had no knowledge of metal ish cones either till I read about it, thought maybe the hand drawn X was significant in that regard.
  19. ESP

I remember hearing about a "Z" , but wasn't sure where it would be.
  20. ESP

So I just pulled these out of storage to refoam the woofers and started doing a little reading on the subject. I understand that some of these came with a metal impregnated woofer cone. Could these be a pair of those? The lighter gray color of the cone had me wondering. It really doesn't matter...
  21. ESP

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

Ahh, that brings me back to my Chicago CL days, you should see some of the other "improved" speakers he has offered, I posted some a while back. You can always tell its him by the a lot of the same wording.
  22. ESP

Wife bought me a Turntable for the Car

I just looked at some of the album choices you can get for that, that's pretty cool. Are you going to be spinning a lot of albums?
  23. ESP

Wife bought me a Turntable for the Car

Well, sure if you don't want to be adventurous...
Back
Top Bottom