Search results

1. Bugetnirvana

Just got some LaScala's

I dont know why so many think you need to modify, that sounds great to me.
  2. Bugetnirvana

B Crossovers in Cornwalls

My apologies, I was wrong and you are correct. The B-3 was to accommodate the introduction of the K-52 midrange into the latest variation of the CW-1. Weather the B-2 or B-3 would be best would depend on which drivers reside in your Cabinets. If you already have the B network then the B-2...
  3. Bugetnirvana

The B-3 was the crossover for the Cornwall 2 which had different drivers then the original Cornwalls. You wouldnt want them in a pair of original Cornwalls.
  4. Bugetnirvana

Help Me Bring My Forte I Speakers to Life!

I think you have made some good decisions. I had a pair of quartets and I dabbled a lot with diaphragms. In some ways I kind of prefer the original phenolics because they seem more "assertive" whereas the TI diaphragms to my ears have a slightly lighter touch. But that is just me. Testing...
  5. Bugetnirvana

CROSSOVER NETWORK CHANGED: CORNWALL Vol. 20, No. 1 June 1, 1981 NEW DEVELOPMENT The product-evaulation program at KLIPSCH and Associates constitutes the lion's share of our Research and Development effort. We are now gratified to add another entry to the long list of performance improvements...
  6. Bugetnirvana

My "Cornscala" Project

Wow. You did a fantastic job on those cabs. I love my clonewalls. I couldn't settle for smaller anymore either. Nice system!
  7. Bugetnirvana

Revealing Chorus IIs, eye opening actually.

So the problem is in your amp. ??
  8. Bugetnirvana

Well… looks like I’m a Klipschhead now

If you really like the KG 3.5's you would LOVE a pair of KG.4's! I had a pair of quartets and they were amazing, but as I type I am enjoying The Hollies on my Clonewalls. (Cornwall clones). Welcome to the wonderful world of Klipsch, it just gets better!
  9. Bugetnirvana

Refinishing my Heresy Es

I wouldn't go as coarse as 60-80 grit on veneer. It will gouge pretty deep on the thin material. 100 grit to start should be plenty coarse for whatever ails them.
  10. Bugetnirvana

Refinishing my Heresy Es

finish with 220 grit. stain or no stain is personal preference.
  11. Bugetnirvana

Klipsch RP-600m Speakers On Sale

I have their little brothers, RP 150-M's. The tec may appear gimmicky like some of their speakers of the past, but it is not! Hands down the best bookshelf speakers "I've" ever had. Even the smaller version has impressive bass. Zero distortion from the tractrix cone design and the imaging is...
  12. Bugetnirvana

FX-Audio Tube Upgrades

Pretty sweet little Amp. The upgrade's definitely helped. The Power supply I am using is in the link below. It is much larger, heavier and doesnt seem to get hot at all, even driving both channels at full tilt. The original PS gets way too hot. Listening to it hooked up to a pair of Klipsch RP...
  13. Bugetnirvana

Heresy 2s

The Heritage line and Vintage Sansui go together like peas an carrots.
  14. Bugetnirvana

FX-Audio Tube Upgrades

I realize this thread is a couple years old, are you still enjoying your FX tube amp?
  15. Bugetnirvana

FX-Audio Tube Upgrades

I just got one of these amps today. I havent listened to tube sound since my family had a console stereo back in the 70's and I wanted to try tubes with my Klipsch gear. So far it seems a little bright and lacking in the Bass department to me, but on the other hand I am comparing to a Leestereo...
  16. Bugetnirvana

CW II cabinet, to stuff or not to stuff?

That is an interesting take. Some types of resonance I like, others not so much. I guess it kind of comes down to personal preference.
  17. Bugetnirvana

Are Heresy E’s worth as much as regular Heresy?

Wow. Very cool, and a new one on me. A search brought up nothing on them that i could find. They are worth.....as much as you are willing to pay for them. ;) As long as they are authentic I see no reason why they should be worth any less then their American counterparts. Do you know which...
  18. Bugetnirvana

Are Heresy E’s worth as much as regular Heresy?

Heresy E? I assume you are referring to the E type crossover. ??
  19. Bugetnirvana

Are Cornwall IV's Too Good?

Ive never heard CW 4's but get much the same experience with my Cornwall 1 clones. I use a Sansui AU517 amp. All I can say is in spite of the awful earsplitting experience revealed in bad recordings, the immaculate articulation of excellent recordings is worth it. I love my Sansui amps, but...
  20. Bugetnirvana

Advice for putting a finish on raw Birch HII's

I used a sanding sealer for a base coat and then finished with deft lacquer. Super easy. If you want a semi gloss as opposed to high gloss then tung oil is an excellent, durable finish and wont darken the wood like Linseed oil.
  21. Bugetnirvana

Old beat up Heresy Is beat my KG 4.2s

I used to feel that way until I heard a pair of reference premier speakers. As bookshelf speakers go they are really incredible IMO. And Ive had a lot of bookshelf speakers. Sometimes I kind of miss my quartets, but the boomy bass from the passive radiator, as big as it sounds just aint my cup...
  22. Bugetnirvana

Heresy V4

Fascinating. Tell me more about my system. :rolleyes:
  23. Bugetnirvana

Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

That's friggin gorgeous. I want one! In my experience these old RS units are WAY underrated power wise. After getting my Sansui AU 517 I took my old RS receiver (I think it was an STA 86 ??) over to my Bro-in-law. He says "how many watts does it put out"? I say 25 per channel. He scoffs, his old...
  24. Bugetnirvana

Heresy V4

I like the idea of pairing a sub with Heresy's. Or bookshelf's, or many other modern designs. I especially like the fact that they are adjustable to suit the listeners desires. But to say that ALL systems need them? I don't think so. I'm pretty happy with the 15's in my clonewalls.
  25. Bugetnirvana

Sansui AU-517 - Sound issues (Left chnl)

Yep, sounds like a job for Deoxit. After many years the knob adjustments build up oxidation on the inside and no longer provide continuity. Remove the case and spray a little inside the knobs, move them around, wait a little while and repeat. Ez.
Back
Top Bottom