Search results

1. bowtieman427

Sansui SP-5500 not SP-5500x ?

OK update on these speakers. What is the issue with this forum. It is impossible for me to post photos like I use to. NEED Help. What I can say is these speakers are some of the best I have ever heard. Son cleaned up his Pioneer SX-1250 and hooked up to these playing for a few months now and...
  2. bowtieman427

Sansui 661 Help!!!

What a surprise my son cleaned this up and fixed it on his own. I did not even know he was messing with it. One of those freebies that was laying around. The Sansui 661 is a wonder little receiver. Hooked up to the KG-4 is like a match made in heaven. I can NOT believe it is only 20Wpc it really...
  3. bowtieman427

Heresy's refinish and restore

A very good friend of mine has to move : ( and he is wiling to part with his Heresy's speakers that he got used a few years ago. These are old speakers in original unfinished Birch ply construction. Hooked the speakers up to SX-1250 and one is very staticy sounding while the other sounds good...
  4. bowtieman427

Restoring Pioneer SX-1050

He is talking about the soft start resistor for some reason having issue uploading photos any help on uploading photo please share.
  5. bowtieman427

Sansui SP-5500 not SP-5500x ?

It has been a little while since I posted, but I just got a set of 4 Sansui SP-5500 speakers not SP-5500x like I thought. I have a G-7500 that is set up with old Klipshe G-4s that sound pretty good in my sons bedroom. He is 13 and loves playing with it and when I heard about these and that they...
  6. bowtieman427

Fisher 400 7868 Grid Voltage Question

You are in the ballpark. I would think it should work fine with the tubes you mentioned....With help form others on this forum made a circuit where you can bias each tube individually. The 10 ohm resistor are good for measuring Ibias and is cheap insurance to not fry your output transformers.
  7. bowtieman427

Thinking of going to Nikon D70

Thanks for your input I will have to start shopping around for deals. Jim
  8. bowtieman427

Fisher 500C On/Off Switch (Forum Vendor Preferred)

I second or third Metalbone purchased a 400 restoration kit and it was pretty good. He also sells ON/OFF switches that you speak of. Jim
  9. bowtieman427

Heresy V KG5.5 Anyone???

My friend just got the KG 5.5 about 6 weeks ago and then a pair of Hersey's a week ago. Yesterday I had an oppurtunity to hear them both side by side and compare. My be a little biased as I have had a set of Kg 5.5s for 10 years and love them. Jazz with Horns sound great through the Hersey's. I...
  10. bowtieman427

Thinking of going to Nikon D70

Hello all, I currently have and use a Nikon N70 35mm with SIGMA 28-80mmD macro aspherical & 100-300mmD both AF glass lenses. I was talking to a friend who told me I should consider a Digital Nikon D70 or D70s. I guess used they are reasonable and I can use my 35mm lenses. What are your...
  11. bowtieman427

affordable integrated?

Personally I think there is a lot you can get for under $800.00 especailly like the Fisher 500 C. Look for sales on Fisher 500 C, 500 B, 400, 800 C, 800 B, Sansui 1000a and there may be others out there of this vintage that you may find very reasonable. You will find a lot of information from...
  12. bowtieman427

What's your username mean?

Grew up in Western New York Home in the back of a '69 Chevelle 396 SS and home of Big Block Chevy (Tonawanda Chevy Plant) needless to say Mother along with many other family members worked for GM. I now collect Chevrolet muscle cars. My pride and joy is an original '68 427 3x2 Corvette and our...
  13. bowtieman427

What's this McIntosh 240 worth?

What else u got under your bed ??????????? NICE FIND.
  14. bowtieman427

I'm thinking

Just an opinion here but B&W offer a different sound then Klipsch and may not mate well. East coast vs West coast sound. I ran a Klipsch Academy for a center with LaScalas for years and it worked out well. http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/academy.aspx Never heard the...
  15. bowtieman427

Sansui 1000A bias

Good point...I was just wondering if the tubes are sensitive to the gound having a 10 ohm load on it vs a 1 ohm load on it.
  16. bowtieman427

Sansui 1000A bias

I have read that new manufactured tubes such as JJ are very sensitive to bias voltage and tend to need to run more negative then old USA tubes. I was running EH in Fisher 400 which blew up red plated at -19 volts also. The old fisher tubes ran fine at -17V. I agree to set them to no more then...
  17. bowtieman427

Help w/Fisher 800-C

If you want to replace the switch check out ebay item # 140212290487 Good luck
  18. bowtieman427

Klipsch La scalas

$750.00 is a good deal. They are very nice speakers. I love them. Lets put it this way they have been making them since the early 60s and still make them today. Give them a listen and let your ears be the judge.
  19. bowtieman427

Fisher 500b new toy got my work cut out for me ?

Hi Shelly_D, whalman and myself did Fisher 400. Mine was an early version and his was a later please check out http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=140313&highlight=fisher+400 This is highly detailed and there is a ton of info there. It will be a great start for you. If you...
  20. bowtieman427

Paid $300 including shipping. Did not power it up it will take me a couple days to get time, and I want to test all tubes out first. It has 2 x West German Fisher 12AX7 and 4 x GE 12AX7 and the rest 12AX7 are RCA. the 7591 outputs are Sylvania. It appears to be original inside. I hear you about...
  21. bowtieman427

Here are some more photos it appears the wheel is the only thing broke the shaft appears fine. Hopfully these are a little better. Thank you all so far for your help.
  22. bowtieman427

The string is not broken just the center of the brown plaastic wheel that connects to the vairable tunning cap. I will work on the macro thing and see if I can get a better pic. Sorry I am terrible at taking pics. Jim
  23. bowtieman427

Hello, just got a Fisher 500b. Sadly I got what I thought was a good deal but I think I have some work cut out for this one. The tunning wheel is broke and it was suppose to be recapped but it appears to be original. Have not fired it up yet and will wait to see what everyones thoughts are on...
  24. bowtieman427

Howdy Klipsch Corner

I am running a Fisher 400. I think the McIntoch 275 will do just fine. When I was in college use to visit a place near my home and they ran McIntosh and Klipsch all the time and they sounded great. Someday I will break down and get a McIntosh amp to go with my LaScala. LaScalas are so sensitive...
  25. bowtieman427

Sansui 661 opinions keep it or let it go ??

It is a very nice sound amp at least when I listen to at the persons house who gave it to me. Prehaps when I get a chance I will hook it up to my Klipsch LaScalas in my main system and see what it can do. Thank you all for the great input. Glad to see that some people appreciate a nice sounding...
Back
Top Bottom