Search results

1. Zack Sainz

KLH 5 2020 New VS Old

Very exciting! They are very engaging speakers right? Very musical. I can’t wait to hear more of your thoughts, once you get your power back!
  2. Zack Sainz

KLH 5 2020 New VS Old

I listened to a set of the new 5s in Pittsburgh, a shop called Northern Audio, pretty sure the owner of the shop also owns Spin Clean. The set up was downstairs in their record store, not in their dedicated listening room, that being said, they do sound good. The center imaging is dead on. With...
  3. Zack Sainz

Home Brew Interconnects

I’d also like to thank everyone who is building upon this thread. Without comments, questions, critiques, and support we don’t grow as a community, especially in the DIY realm. Thank you everyone!
  4. Zack Sainz

Home Brew Interconnects

Valid. I also used a gauge that probably has a little more capacitance than it should. I mistakenly bought 18awg thinking less resistance is better, effectively I’m rolling off the treble a little. I appreciate the car analogy. It makes perfect sense. I agree that the scientific method should...
  5. Zack Sainz

Home Brew Interconnects

Hahahahahha! These comparisons are amazing! This input is great! I’ll see if I have any more sensitive gear to test. My turn table is currently undergoing some mods by SFrost.
  6. Zack Sainz

Home Brew Interconnects

I think cables make a huge difference. Without them, how do we connect our gear! Hahaha! In all seriousness, this was a cost effective way to make 8 cables. And along the process learning. And so far, from digital sources I have not heard any unwanted noise. That being said, a few months ago...
  7. Zack Sainz

Home Brew Interconnects

Hahahahaha! It would have been fun! Snarky replies: “that’s like your opinion man.” “There is no spoon.” “You’re telling me there’s still a chance?!”
  8. Zack Sainz

Home Brew Interconnects

This is interesting. 18awg is the lowest gauge that we should use. They say that at 20awg we start to lose some of the 20hz range. I’ve done hearing tests, and I can’t hear 20hz so, 18awg is fine for me for now! Haha! https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/silver-diy-interconnects
  9. Zack Sainz

Home Brew Interconnects

Haha!!! We are all mad scientists! I think it’s awesome that we can brew our own interconnects and save some money to buy more albums!
  10. Zack Sainz

Home Brew Interconnects

Interesting! My friend who made the inter connects is a much bigger nerd than I am, and suggested 26-18awg pure silver for interconnects. I went with 18awg because thicker gauge has less resistance, however thicker gauge also carries more capacitance. One of the cool things about this design...
  11. Zack Sainz

Home Brew Interconnects

You should definitely try it! Yes, the silver wire I used is insulated, I used solid core 18 AWG Silver Plated PTFE wire and carbon fiber rhodium plugs. Everything is pretty cheap on eBay. Each interconnect “cable” gets two wires, +- I soldered the positive end and clamped the negative end.
  12. Zack Sainz

Home Brew Interconnects

Hello All! About a year ago my friend sent me this link: http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/synergize/synergize021998.htm My friend had great success and has a very high resolving system. B&W 803D triamped with dual mc275 and a solid state McIntosh (I don’t remember the model). He said he was...
  13. Zack Sainz

Erhard Audio

I agree completely with everything you have said. And what a beautiful finish! I have found that the Aretha translates dynamics and presentation exquisitely. The imaging is holographic, even with my HD6xx headphones I can pinpoint instruments and have a great sense of space. The last bits of...
  14. Zack Sainz

Philharmonic Audio

Will do!!
  15. Zack Sainz

Philharmonic Audio

Hey all! I wanted to start a thread about Philharmonic Audio on Audiokarma. Dennis Murphy, speaker designer and all around great guy showcased his monitors and towers at Capital Audio Fest. Dennis a/b demo’d the towers and the monitor. Both are great and sound very similar. The towers just...
  16. Zack Sainz

Capital Audio Fest BMR Tower?

Dennis was able to a/b test the monitors and towers. They sound so similar, the towers just have more umph, a full range 3 way tower that reaches down to 25hz is pretty incredible. Especially for the price!
  17. Zack Sainz

Capital Audio Fest BMR Tower?

I was there and got to hear some fun things! I have been talking to Dennis for a little over a month about these speakers and I have reserved a set of towers. With the set up that Dennis used, his speakers sounded fantastic. He also was contending with an untreated hotel room. With all that...
  18. Zack Sainz

Erhard Audio

Holger is great guy, and makes some fantastic gear! I will say, even though I have tone control, his build is so good that I have really never needed to dial those in, however, I am also looking at buying some Philharmonic BMR towers. These puppies dig into the 20hz region in a 3 way ported...
  19. Zack Sainz

Erhard Audio

I’m going super old school with my turntable, I have an AR-XA and I’ve done some mods (swapped to an SL1200 wand and upgraded to silver wire). Currently rocking a Stanton 681 EEE and a VOM 4606-DEX cart. I must say, for the budget, vinyl sounds delightful with the Aretha and Buddys, the stereo...
  20. Zack Sainz

Erhard Audio

I actually was lucky enough to get Holger’s personal set of Buddys and his Aretha. I have the 8ohm Buddys and they have been able to feed some power hungry speakers. I also love that he includes LEDs on the Buddys that indicate tube life. I’m a huge fan!
  21. Zack Sainz

Erhard Audio

Hey all! I just wanted to shout out to Holger and his gear, I have listened to KEF LS50s, KEF Q150, B&W 704 SII, Dynaco A25s, KLH 5s and even Sennheisser headphones! The Buddys and Aretha rock so hard and have such holographic imaging. In comparison with other amps that I have heard power all...
  22. Zack Sainz

Salk Song3 BeAT

I called him yesterday, due to covid he is respecting boundaries and not requesting owners if they are willing to demo. He’s such a nice guy.
  23. Zack Sainz

Salk Song3 BeAT

I actually just listened to the new 5s! They sound really good, narrow sound stage, but fun.
  24. Zack Sainz

Salk Song3 BeAT

Hey all! Recently I have caught upgraditis. Currently rocking KLH 5s (which I will keep forever) with Erhard Audio Buddies and the Aretha. During my research I stumbled over numerous brands and Salk has definitely stuck out. Does anyone have advice on how to demo anything from Salk...
  25. Zack Sainz

$20 Digital Microscope

Booom! There we go!! I was thinking about taking off that acrylic ring. Thanks for the post
Back
Top Bottom