Search results

1. RSL'67

Pro-Ject RM 1.3 - Opinions?

Awesome, I really do appreciate the feedback. Thanks again, Scott
  2. RSL'67

Excellent, thanks for the reply! I've been looking to 'upgrade' from my Thorens TD316, which admittedly is a mid-level table to begin with, and I've had it for more than 25 years. Aside from changing a belt, my Thorens is bone stock, with a decent Signet AM 40s cartridge, which still sounds...
  3. RSL'67

Do any of you fine folks have personal experience with this table, you'd be able to share? Thanks in advance, Scott
  4. RSL'67

Bands that should have been bigger

King's X
  5. RSL'67

Are Any Of You Waiting To Buy On Record Store Day?

I'm hoping to get the Cake 8 record box set - and perhaps the Superunknown singles as well. We'll see.
  6. RSL'67

I found one of my holy grail pressings today!

My fav Floyd album, nice score! I have an original(very clean) UK Harvest pressing as my player copy - and still have a sealed US press, which I may(or may not) ever open! Scott
  7. RSL'67

Boston Tour

I dunno, I saw 'em on Third Stage, and thought they sounded very good - but this tour minus Delp, I think I'll pass. That's just me, as by many accounts, the Journey tours without Steve Perry, and the Priest tours without Rob Halford were acceptable - so who knows.
  8. RSL'67

Is this an upgrade? Fleetwood Mac: Rumours 180 gram 2x LP 45rpm

I have various copies/editions of Rumours on vinyl, and the 180 gram 2x LP 45rpm is the definitive version, it's on another level. Well worth the dollars, imo. Regards, Scott
  9. RSL'67

Drive By Truckers "English Oceans"

Love DBT (and Jason Isbell's solo work) - I'm happy to hear this is a good'un! :thmbsp: I'll be picking it up - thanks! Scott
  10. RSL'67

Colored Vinyl vs. Black Vinyl?

Damn, where were you 4 years ago when I started this thread?? :D Scott
  11. RSL'67

Need Metal/Prog Metal Suggestions w/ CLEAN Vocals!

Iced Earth - The Dark Saga
  12. RSL'67

Need advice on new bands - hard rock and metal

I like all of these - and good call on OSI and Pinnick Gales Pridgen :thmbsp: A couple more to note: King's X (nothing real recent, but their entire catalog is stellar) Winery Dogs first release is new, and really good.
  13. RSL'67

Need advice on new bands - hard rock and metal

Check out Clutch - asap - specifically, "Blast Tyrant" - you'll love it - their newest is called "Earth Rocker" also great, and then investigate their entire catalog. Scott
  14. RSL'67

Tedeschi Trucks Band

The Crowes were as good as ever, and have a continuously rolling set list - essentially playing a different show each night, I loved it. Chris Robinson came out during the TTB set and sang back up, and played tambourine - and both bands took the stage for a couple songs during the encore...
  15. RSL'67

Tedeschi Trucks Band

They opened for the Black Crowes this summer, stellar show all the way around!
  16. RSL'67

Show Me Your most prized Album

OK, likely my most valuable is a Beatles "Something New" - Parlophone black and yellow label, only released in UK...
  17. RSL'67

Two Zappa Videos

Yeah, I saw three nights in a row during the '88 tour at The Tower Theater in Philly. Different set list each night. Killer versions of Stairway to Heaven, I am the Walrus, and Whipping Post - amongst many others.
  18. RSL'67

Drummers/Lead Singers

Jerry Gaskill - King's X
  19. RSL'67

Today's I Haven't played this in Years/Decades playlist...

My offering - Temple of the Dog - S/T (LP) What a stellar album.
  20. RSL'67

Funniest thing you heard about your music rig.

Several years ago my young niece (8 or 9 at the time) was looking at my record collection - and asked me, "How do you play those big CDs?" Funny. :D
  21. RSL'67

B & W DM3000 speakers - any opinion

I used to have the smaller DM 2000's - some of the best I've heard - the larger DM 3000's should sound stellar! Do they have the glass tops? My DM 2000's had the glass, but I know B&W made them with plastic tops as well. I sold mine years ago, when I picked up a pair of B&W DM 604S3's...
  22. RSL'67

Picked up some metal on vinyl.

Dude, that's a huge score - if that GnR Live is on Uzi Suicide - that's an easy $100 bill. The Metallica is a good one too.
  23. RSL'67

Collecting local bands, local vinyl

Satch also taught Steve Vai. :thmbsp:
  24. RSL'67

Blindly (deafly?!) bought Nordost Purple Flare cables yesterday for my Rotel / B&W

Well, here's my set up - and I'm using the standard power cables that came with each unit. Speakers - B&W DM604 S3 Turntable - Thorens TD316 HDCD - Rotel RCD-1072 Preamp - Rotel RC-1070 Amp - Rotel RB-1080 Interconnects - Tara Labs Speaker Cable - Symphony Straight Wire While likely not as...
Back
Top Bottom