Search results

1. thefragger

Anyone using a Pi-Hole to block ads?

I've got gigabit internet (1 gbps down, 30 mbos up) and haven't noticed a speed issue running either installation of Pi-Hole... But I'm also running enterprise-grade hardware at home. For my first try, I ran Pi-Hole on a Pi B+ v3 with a bunch of added blocklists from here and there and it...
  2. thefragger

Been missing you, Paul. They got all the carbon comp resistors you'll ever need now :')

Been missing you, Paul. They got all the carbon comp resistors you'll ever need now :')
  3. thefragger

How ya been, Ed? Is Dave still around?

How ya been, Ed? Is Dave still around?
  4. thefragger

AK member Jaymanaa has passed.

Oh, dear. More sad news :( Learned a lot from you, bud. Rest in Peace, Jay.
  5. thefragger

More sad news, AK member dshoaf had passed away

Oh my goodness, this is sad news :( Rest in Peace, Dave.
  6. thefragger

HH Scott 222c Power Tube Issue.....

Eeek! Glad you've got this all sorted out :)
  7. thefragger

Scott 222C

Hey Dandy, is there any specific post that's not working for you? I've had a quick flip through and didn't see anything out of the ordinary (I also can't figure out how to edit an old message on this new system :S ). Maybe there was a photobucket hiccup. I've got my photos mirrored on imgur as...
  8. thefragger

R.I.P. Kegger

:( Miss ya, Paul.
  9. thefragger

Odd Sumo The Nine Plus

I have no idea where they came from, but they will be replaced. This is how JB selected OPAMPs, for future reference: "Hook up a standard gain of 10 circuit with a variable tracking power supply (up to +/- 25V). Drive the opamp to say about 10 volts RMS at 1KHz with the supplies at +/- 18V to...
  10. thefragger

Odd Sumo The Nine Plus

Why?
  11. thefragger

Odd Sumo The Nine Plus

Making progress on this; looking at questionable soldering by some P/O and questionable part replacements. Additionally, quick disconnects for the thermal switches were removed and the wires soldered directly to the terminals. Yup, AD823 on both sides. That said, on both channels they live...
  12. thefragger

Odd Sumo The Nine Plus

Good lord AK has changed a bit since I've been gone... I've got a bit of an oddball, here. A disjointed album of photos can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/O95G4 I can't figure out what's going on, here. I've had this amp for a few years and I'm now finding time to get into restoring it...
  13. thefragger

3D printing a part for a vintage TT . . .

What does this gear look like in-situ? I imagine either a thicker gear (allowing provisions for a tapped hole for a set screw) or a series of stacked-and-glued parts; laser cutting may be your best bet. And the cutter operator should understand how the machine work, correcting for any offsets...
  14. thefragger

Windows 10 is S L O W on my 5-yr-old pc...

I recognize I'm on the internet on a public forum. Recognize also that I have a framework built up at home to buffer me from all that that means, with a few outpost VMs running in the DMZ. One of them gets F'd up? I reload a snapshot. Laughing about privacy concerns is one thing, shrugging it...
  15. thefragger

Windows 10 is S L O W on my 5-yr-old pc...

It should be noted that Windows 10 may also use your internet connection to help propagate updates to other users without your knowledge, leaving you to foot the bill should you go over your data cap. Microsoft will also disable hardware and software which may be pirated, counterfeit, or not...
  16. thefragger

Broke out the Tektronix 7904

I bought a 7854 and it came with the keyboard. :drool: The ROM went flaky on it and it's waiting for my new PCB design to be completed before I can get back to using it. Beasts for sure :)
  17. thefragger

DIYing an 'EICO 615' Adaptor

Awesome, gadget! I haven't had a chance to test mine yet... haven't been able to unpack the projects yet--moving twice within an 8 month period doesn't afford me luxaries!
  18. thefragger

You Get The Last Word!

Two eggs in the bush is worth one in the hand!
  19. thefragger

Any circuit board makers here?

:lurk:
  20. thefragger

Dual-Mono Akai M8 Amp Build

No more than a few watts, I'd say. Thanks, guys :) Been going through a lot of big changes in my life recently and haven't been on here a whole bunch.
  21. thefragger

Holy whirldwind, Batman! I moved to a new city, started a new career, and I'm all over the place. I did manage to drag a couple projects out with me :) ALRIGHT so I got the Edcor hooked up to a channel with the same results at the AKAI transformers. I'm presently putting a parts order...
  22. thefragger

DIY Audio Tester

I like the cut of your jib. Very polished result. :thmbsp:
  23. thefragger

Making Lemonade... A Fisher 800B Restoration

Hank, no rush! My life's been turned upside-down and working on audio gear is furthest from my mind. Thanks for the offer to take a peek at your stash. If anything, we can do straight swaps for brights if that suits you. Your call--thanks again!
  24. thefragger

Bicycle Restorations, Builds and ...

Finished replacing the cables last night on my tandem, it's missing the rear brake, rear pedals, and fenders in this photo: It's getting there! I laced up the rear wheel with a rebuilt Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub and changed out the weird latched-shifter with a Shimano SIS/friction shifter I...
  25. thefragger

I found a pair of Edcor GXSE10-8-5k transformers I will try. Whats interesting is that these also have a screen tap. If I could get these transformers to fit in the chassis, and figure out the circuit, (I'm getting ahead of myself) would I be able to convert the circuit to a Kegger SEUL...
Back
Top Bottom