Search results

1. onwardjames

My Lastest BoseBlose Special: The 4X301 Stack - Whaaat?

I owned a pair of 601 Series 2. I never once found them boring. Literally sold because the money was too good, and I was unemployed. Glad the OP has tried a different path and found delight at the end of the clearing. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  2. onwardjames

My Lastest BoseBlose Special: The 4X301 Stack - Whaaat?

While I'm having a seriously hard time imagining the comb filtering, overlapping mess that might appear to be, you seem happy with it, and I'm always willing to listen and change my mind. Have fun, and best wishes. This should be interesting!
  3. onwardjames

Fun Factoid Of The Day

Tom Robbins fans would know this one, as King Alobar used beets as his go-to anti-aging remedy.
  4. onwardjames

Who always have their phone...

:thumbsup::trebon:
  5. onwardjames

Cleaning Records

To the OP - Cheaply? Spin Clean Cheaply, but improved? Spin Clean + Shop Vac and wand, available likely on that auction site. Our own hi*ball used to make these, but doesn't anymore. The best? Ultrasonic. Accept no substitutes. Here's my thread to end all threads, and the one most of...
  6. onwardjames

I am having a religious experience; Masters of The Air. Episodes 1&2

I'll match that horror with "The Bombing Of Hamburg", a book I read while sitting in the hospital with my Dad near his end. Cliff notes version? Hell, absolute hell, on Earth. This against citizens.
  7. onwardjames

To All Us Analogue Enthusiasts Out There

Myriad goofy comments aside (;)) this is a pleasant painting, and harkens to a ritual we all know fairly well, in our own personal and individual way.
  8. onwardjames

Happy Birthday larryderouin!

One of our "gurus" and an all around great AK'er. Happy Birthday!!!
  9. onwardjames

Adventures in Soundstage and Imaging

I'm exceptionally fond of Alison Krauss and the Cox Family "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow". No fanciness, just very well recorded musicians doing their thing. "Walk Over God's Heaven" is one of THE tracks I use to assess gear.
  10. onwardjames

Tool Time: Electric Impact Wrenches

Been using a chubby 1/2 inch plug in cheapie model for mower decks (invaluable in that regard) and blades. Tried it on my Honda AFTER putting her on jack stands. Wouldn't budge a single one of them. Sigh.
  11. onwardjames

My retro Sony ES network streamer project

While I hated seeing that tuner dismantled, the results are beyond impressive. That's glorious, man.
  12. onwardjames

Happy Birthday Nabnassett!

Have an excellent birthday, my dude!
  13. onwardjames

How many years of your life would you give up?

I'd give up any years left on the clock if I became incontinent, either mentally or physically. At 51, which is a bit younger than the average around here, here's what I think - First, we only have so much input how things will turn out. Death is always waiting, always out of season. It...
  14. onwardjames

Wharfedale W90D - what are they worth ?

Look up the late Gang-Twanger's posts (RIP, friend). He was a heavy proponent of these very speakers. Also, if they are stock, a recap will wake them up considerably. That's a great find for 200 bones, and welcome to Audiokarma.
  15. onwardjames

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

In 2010, I purchased a 1995 Miata with 145k on the clock. 1500 bucks. I invested probably 4k into it, and enjoyed 50,000 miles of what I consider the absolute cheapest, most fun to drive car I've ever known. Reliable, sporty, a success by any yardstick. I sold it for 2300 bucks in 2019...
  16. onwardjames

Has the USPS Lost Its Mind?

General incompetence seems to be increasing across the board. Welcome to the future.
  17. onwardjames

Bose 601 series i

As a former owner of a pair of 601 series 2, you must obtain 4 stock woofers and THEN give them the gas. One of the more entertaining speakers I had pass through my hands.
  18. onwardjames

Most Underrated Album from the Mid-1980s

I cannot talk enough about several great albums from that era. Faster Pussycat's eponymous release was a tip of the hat to classic Aerosmith before they had come back from oblivion. Every track is simple, yet infectiously fun. Sea Hags, also eponymous, was superb. Dark, gritty bluesy...
  19. onwardjames

Im in it now!

Welcome to Audiokarma! Ask questions in the appropriate forums, give it time, and the crew here will share their knowledge. Of that, you can rest assured. Have a good time with the hobby, friend.
  20. onwardjames

Fun Factoid Of The Day

Bumblebees are able to fly because their insane wing speed creates its own high pressure air, thereby creating lift. Bonkers, man.
  21. onwardjames

Fun Factoid Of The Day

Example of a non-musical variety? Did you know that the Three Gorges Dam in China literally slowed the Earth's rotation? Yeah, it was a tiny amount, but, damn! I thought that only happened in Superman (with Christopher Reeve). Who knew? ;)
  22. onwardjames

Fun Factoid Of The Day

Hello everyone! The rule is as follows - post a "factoid" you heard somewhere, read somewhere, or otherwise think might be both entertaining AND accurate. No need to goalkeep this one, but please adhere to posting what you believe is true, and of course, no politics, religion, or other...
  23. onwardjames

Just read this on speaker series wiring

mainly in the interests of preservation of the building structure (ceiling moves at high output levels). :yikes:
  24. onwardjames

Revitalizing AK

Entropy swallows all, but I don't think we're there yet. I used to be a participant of Red Pepper Racing, a board for us CRX enthusiasts. As the cars became more and more rare, the participation dropped. It's just a shell, now. However, I think we'll be fine for the time being. As I...
  25. onwardjames

Who is going to win the Mike Tyson versus Jake Paul fight?

Truth, right there. Watch that Bowe/Holyfield fight where Bowe hit him (and Bowe was a SUPERB heavyweight) and you see Evander turn clumsily about 90 degrees.....but then rides it out and comes back. One of my ALL-TIME favorite fighting moments. To me, that's right up there with the best.
Back
Top Bottom