Search results

1. I

Actual Treble & Bass "Knobs" on the Stereo

I don't think I have seen an integrated stereo amp without knobs.
  2. I

LP protectant from 1978?

I put Sound Guard on some of my LPs in 1979. The little labels have fallen off, so I don't know which ones. Not sure it did anything of benefit.
  3. I

Using two integrated amps one as preamp other as power amp.

Picture of the back of the amps showing where the interconnects are attached.
  4. I

Let's hear your horror stories and close calls!

My scariest moment was an exploding 6L6 socket. The index pin on my bias-setting extension socket (that goes between the tube and the socket on the chassis) was not very good. It allowed the device to easily be placed so it was rotated one pin. As soon as I hit the standby switch, the...
  5. I

Audio Absurdity Award Goes To....

The video was useless, other than showing what it looks like. I guess I have to look up the specs and the amplifier's design myself to determine if it is absurd.
  6. I

How "analog" can digital music sound?

One can't really hear digital music. Digital is an abstraction; one and zero, +5v/-5v, shiny/dull etc, etc, etc. Nothing to hear or see unless the abstraction is analyzed and converted into something. Sound pressure, lights, or just about anything else one could imagine.
  7. I

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

Nice cozy AUDI interior. I have one too, but it is in storage for the winter. Can't wait for it to stop snowing.
  8. I

Do you let your animal (dog or cat) range free outside for most of the day?

I have a degree in Biology studying Ethology, Animal Behavior, Behavioral Evolution and Taxonomy. After years of research I have discovered the unifying theory differentiating a domestic animal from a wild animal: Domestic Animal : Leaves the home if door is open and does not come back Wild...
  9. I

What are you using for photo processing

D76 and Dektol mostly....
  10. I

Vintage film cameras

150mm lens on my 8mm camera. The equivalent lens on a 35mm camera would be 1000mm!
  11. I

I found this cool RCA box. What was it for?

Kind of fancy for a lab or workshop. Maybe a corporate gift item. You know Kodak used to sell Christmas tree lights. Maybe this box is made to hold Christmas tree ornaments.
  12. I

Wendy (nee Walter) Carlos. A sad story

Because of this thread, I was reading up on Carlos and Wiki indicates accomplishments in Solar Eclipse photography. I need to read up more on this as I have only photographed partial eclipse and a real one is coming soon.
  13. I

I don't understand the controls on my Yamaha integrated amp

The "Direct" switch can get wonky. May need to clean it. On one of my units, even after DeOxit, I have to press the button a few times to get any sound in the "preamp controls engaged" mode.
  14. I

Wendy (nee Walter) Carlos. A sad story

Good for her!
  15. I

Can an interconnect cooker really be this easy?

I don't think remedies like this, and others that are similar, work if you are not listening while it is happening. Like sending your partner for acupuncture instead of going yourself. It is your ears that are getting burned it. Scientifically proven...
  16. I

Vintage film cameras

The speeds are continuously variable with a rotating cam, but there are flat spots on the cam for the landing points of the speed marks on the original dial. I believe the dial showed 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 300 before I placed the stickers for the actual speeds.
  17. I

Vintage film cameras

How do the photos look? There are a lot of people out there using fine grain film and getting excellent results. However, I like the grainy look. I use HP5 and lith print the tiny negatives.
  18. I

Vintage film cameras

The cassettes are re-loadable. I got this fancy splitter to make Minox film out of 35mm. I can get 4 Minox rolls from 1 roll of 35mm. I have not re-loaded all these cassettes. Usually I just load 4 at a time. The Minolta 16QT takes regular 16mm movie film.
  19. I

Vintage film cameras

I just finished a few minor repairs to my Bolex H8:
  20. I

Vintage film cameras

The shutter on this Argus is not very adjustable, so the best case is to put new numbers on the shutter speed dial at the appropriate location:
  21. I

Vintage film cameras

Here is a Minolta 16QT, a Yashica Atoron Electro and Minox LX, all repaired and working.
Back
Top Bottom