Search results

1. Tiver

Looking to go new(er). Speaker recommendations please.

Do you have the capacity (space/funds) for a powered sub? The difference in presentation could be shocking and allow for a range of "budget" speakers that would otherwise come off as anemic. Room size and listening level are also pertinent as to what would provide adequate sound pressure.
  2. Tiver

What cigar are you enjoying with your tunes?

It was beautiful yesterday, managed to get in a little afternoon shore fishing and a cigar Graycliff 10 year vintage Smallmouth bass
  3. Tiver

Get on the laptop and.......

I ended up having to whitelist YT on Adblock Plus. Then it became too much to watch. Somewhere someone posted about "Adblocker Ultimate" So far works on YT without any ads or warnings. Watching YT on the streaming device is avoided due to the ads as it's much more annoying than the ad-less...
  4. Tiver

Pretty sure i have at least one of those in the Humi, but haven't smoked one. I think the band makes it look like a fine cigar, not that it would improve the way a cigar tastes. But if you remember anything about that smoke, I wouldn't mind reading the cliff notes. :smoke:
  5. Tiver

Finished up last night with RP Vintage 20th Anniversary
  6. Tiver

local weed growing discussions

I thought I read at one time that once in flowering stage, the clones would be a failure. However, I recently read that clones can be taken with a reasonable success rate during flowering (earlyish). The catch is that when sprouting their roots and during the initial growth period, they will...
  7. Tiver

Brazilia and Punch Sig is a great way to close the day!!
  8. Tiver

Macanudo Maduro - not a bad smoke at all
  9. Tiver

La Palina el Diario with some shop work and tunes
  10. Tiver

The MiAmor sale only goes until midnight tonight. I wasn't going to buy because :dunno: I had no excuse to pass and I forgot to mention the free $10 Thompson bucks to top it off. Just trying to share the joy fellas :beatnik: Order Details Description Qty Price La Aroma de Cuba Mi...
  11. Tiver

For Smitty and others who like the LaAroma de Cuba MiAmor. Thompson has 5 packs of the Duques for $24.95 if you buy three or more. It gets better if you add coupons 30saver and Abancart2. That gets you 30% off and free shipping. Add your local tax. $3.50 per + tax. not too shabby. Hope it...
  12. Tiver

It makes me wonder about reservoir vs single buckets and the water change. Your point about the ppm and unused particulate was a good one. In a single bucket system a full water exchange is straight forward. My first grow found it necessary as I was getting some algae and I did a root wash...
  13. Tiver

@AreBee1969 Sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. My sincere condolences.
  14. Tiver

I would imagine you could rig a couple 5v computer case fans for in and out flow. But, with a little investigation there is probably an out-of-the box solution for not too much more than the cost of the fans and the annoyance of having to cobb something together. Yankee thrift isn't always...
  15. Tiver

Took down the last of three plants this past week. I wanted some time to get a clean start and my son announced he had three new plants he was dropping off. :rolleyes: Did some housekeeping to accommodate, but I want to get the reservoir set up and running. The room needs sanitizing. I know...
  16. Tiver

ADS L-810 With Broken Tweeters

To reiterate what Blue Shadow mentioned "bad fuse" Depending upon your familiarity with the L810, there have been many instances where the fuses (glass tube type), which are located next to the speaker wire connections, have been found to be blown. Replacement yielded a fully functions speaker...
  17. Tiver

ADS L620 - music choice

Sorry to post about specific speakers I haven't heard, but based on shared comments with other owners, ADS seem to hold some similar sonic attributes. I do have 5 pairs of other ADS and in general they all play very nicely with your preferred genres. They should sit well in an 8x10 room. ADS...
  18. Tiver

Anyone care to share their flower trimming thoughts? How much leaf do you leave on? Or maybe posed differently. how small are the leaves you don't trim at all? I just took down one branch. Trimming fan leaves isn't in question. But even some of the tighter leaves around 1-1/2" up to 2" or...
  19. Tiver

Beauty afternoon outdoors.
  20. Tiver

I have some in a shopping cart at the grove website. Found a $10 off coupon which basically covers shipping. 1/4# bags are around $2.50 and Oz bags are a buck and change. Actually seems like they are a huge convenience? Quick web search wasn't able to find what I would call "honest" reviews...
  21. Tiver

I would like to thank the folks here who have added to my knowledge base and offered help and suggestions. I feel like it worked out well for a first grow. Two of the three plants I had growing were taken down this past weekend. My son reclaimed them. That's fine as I'm not ready to partake...
  22. Tiver

@orsen How deep are the growing lids submerged? I like that setup. How are you managing water level bucket to reservoir? I can see simply placing the res lower than the buckets will do this, but curious if that's all. Looks like you have black tubes in and blue tubes out?
  23. Tiver

I work outdoors so I've decided to try and squeeze in an afternoon cigar when possible. Sometime the wind makes the experience less than ideal, but I guess I'll manage;) Yesterday being national cigar day I couldn't pass up the opportunity to light up. Kind of a retro 70s pop rock thing off...
  24. Tiver

Ceegars are more enjoyable when one doesn't have to do anything other than enjoy. I can't often enough manage to do nothing, so I have to light up while moving around. I figure I have plenty of cigars I bought for a bargain and if I never squeeze 'em in they won't ever get smoked. So ima try...
  25. Tiver

Well dayum :( Hoping @Smitty43 enjoys whatever he ends up doing. You will be missed bud.
Back
Top Bottom