Search results

1. Jovinyl

Happy Birthday Jovinyl!

Holy smokes. Thank You. I stop by now and then. I was checking in on FrankenFest. I see I need to do my subscription. Audiokarma has been a major influence and learning experience. Been a long time but I check in now and then. Thanks All.
  2. Jovinyl

CANCELLED - ♫ Saturday March 21, 2020♫ New England Winter FrankenFest

Marked calendar. Thanks for the heads up. Jo
  3. Jovinyl

got any advice on moving a feral cat?

She might soon start to rub her face against your hand. Just let her do that for awhile. Do not attempt to pet her when she does. Sammy cat still prefers to rub against the hand, a bit of petting buts backs of to the face rub against the hand. Likes belly rubs but my hand gets a little tore up...
  4. Jovinyl

Don't Prejudge Old People

Liked it. Thanks for link. :thmbsp:
  5. Jovinyl

Putting gear in storage

Get some wood pallets to keep boxes off concrete. Others can offer their suggestions. I have had things in storage for years.
  6. Jovinyl

Better than the belt and direct drive argument....

Triumph guy here. Owned 76 750 Bonniville, sold to buy a car. Shortly after that, purchased 79 750 bonni. I wanted to add a Norton Commando to the group. Just did not happen. Still think about getting the 850 newer Bonni. Just a thought though. I liked em' couple pain in the as... things about...
  7. Jovinyl

Brett A's Playlist.

I guess Steve Forbert "Jackrabbit Slim" will be at the top of my play list. Next up will be Golden Avatar- A change of Heart. Just unsealed both LPs. Not familiar with with these two artist. Just reading this thread and finding the name Steve Forbert mentioned drew my curiosisty. This will be my...
  8. Jovinyl

AudioKarma navigation habits

Speed read. Slowing down at points of interest.:lurk: :D
  9. Jovinyl

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

:D Just do the excuse me and squeeze right in. Elbows up. No respect for others, no respect for them. It does happen. Most I've run into move aside and make room. Happy hunting :music:
  10. Jovinyl

Just me? Wearing out my "back" button.

Had this issue for a while. Some times I can't get on a thread or a topic.
  11. Jovinyl

New product from Rane: the PSEUDOACOUSTIC INFECTOR

I just happen to own a Rane MP-24Z mixer. So that was a WTF. read. Then like cdfac said, "heh. look closely at the back of the unit." :D :thmbsp:
  12. Jovinyl

It's official - SL1200 Best Turntable Ever!

Interesting. :D :thmbsp:
  13. Jovinyl

History: America's Greatest Hits.

Did the "Horse with No Name". The song "Sandmam" was the winner and kept my interest in the band with the rest of their LPs. Lot of good music later LPs but first was was my fav. second one kept my interest. :music:
  14. Jovinyl

Modern Hi-Fi'ers: Do you have any other hobbies besides audio?

I think I'll call it, Thrift Store cruzing. I visit so many locations. Did have to back off a bit due to....:D
  15. Jovinyl

Direct vs Belt Drive Turntables

:lurk:.Just gonna kick back and read on this one. :D
  16. Jovinyl

I'm just curious...

I agree with you. I was walking very, very, carefully. My first combo was 1200+ 1300 together. Sold and replaced with two MK-II turntables. Sold. Went CA from CT. replaced with another pair of MK-IIs. 95 or 96. I have others But the 1200s are my fav. A very good TT. :thmbsp:
  17. Jovinyl

Action issues on acoustic guitar

What the heck! here is a shot of mine.
  18. Jovinyl

I'm just curious...

Technics 1200 series tuntables. A best buy for your money before the demand for them. I purchase my first one during the belt drive, Direct Drive thing 77 or 78. Then the "it's a DJ turntable" up to now where it is finding its place back in home stereos. The Crown power amps lived this life...
  19. Jovinyl

What do you do with your poorly recorded music

Listen to it. Put yellow vinyl (easy to remove) sticky dot on protective jacket. lets me know I have listened to it already and not worth me playing again unless by request.:D
  20. Jovinyl

If the bellying is from bridge to sound hole the Bridge Dr. might help. Judging by my stash of strings. I guess It was 11's that I should'nt go higher as I use D' Angelico extra light 011-050 Phosper bronze for fingerpicking. Thought I would also mention the Bridge Dr. gave me more bottom out of...
  21. Jovinyl

Just curious if you have your Aspen steup and playing and your thoughts on it. :D
  22. Jovinyl

What Is The Most Contentious Subject On AK *Opinions, Not Argumentation*

Speaker cables, interconnects. :thmbsp:
  23. Jovinyl

Steppenwolf 7

The Hippo Stomp. :thmbsp:
  24. Jovinyl

Which Record Clamp?

Michell clamp here also. Use on Sota Moonbean, Microseiki MLB-14 and Technics 1200 MK-II TT. :thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom