Search results

1. M

Ma6600 vs Older 6900

Ditto on the 5-band EQ control - it's very useful. We like the MA6900 so much that we had a custom walnut cabinet built for it a couple of years ago by mcintoshcabinets.com.
  2. M

'Home Office' photo

Wow! Roycroft & McIntosh - looks great!
  3. M

Bookshelf or slim speakers with a little more bass

Can you solder? For about a thousand bux or so, you could pick up a pair of vintage Acoustic Research AR-9 systems - that price would include re-foaming of the woofers & midrange, and replacements for aged crossover capacitors. If necessary, refinishing the cabinets is both simple &...
  4. M

MA6900-Performance & Used Price?

Dig up the February, 2002 Stereophile review by Sam Tellig, who loved the amplifier. It was also listed as "Class A" in their Recommended Components section at the time. It's a sleeper - it doesn't sound like most integrated amps - more like separates. Excellent complete MA6900 amplifiers...
  5. M

new owner/ weird noise

Glad to help - enjoy your new preamp!
  6. M

new owner/ weird noise

Do you have a modem, or router nearby? How about phone chargers, etc.?
  7. M

MA 6900 Expensive repair fees - please advise

Good - stay calm - there's no need to sell your amplfier - it just requires a little work. It's probably safe to ignore the diagnosis put forth by that first repair shop - you've already proved that both transformers are functional through your own testing, which also makes it almost certain...
  8. M

media server

How's this for simple - an MA6900 with a Logitech Transporter connected via network cable to a 6 terabyte XP machine in our basement that runs Logitech Media Server at boot-up. All controlled by an iPad running the SqueezePad app. :music:
  9. M

What is Best way to stream music to the D100 ?

We're using a retired XP machine with a pair of 2TB Seagate drives. A 120GB Intel SSD holds the OS, and loads the Squeezebox Server software at boot-up (it's now called Logitech Media Server). A Logitech Transport is connected via ethernet cable to a router, and everything is controlled by...
  10. M

Newbie would appreciate advice

Radio Shack used to market an add-on ribbon tweeter called the Linaeum - it has a built-in crossover, and being a dipole design, might match well with your Bose 901. They can still be found on eBay, if you search Linaeum tweeter.
  11. M

Mcintosh's advertising slogan for their amps should be....

That's easy: "Blue Thunder".
  12. M

MA6900 Power Guard lighs On, No Sound

I'd suggest contacting Ryan at Audio Classics - he diagnosed the problem & repaired our MA6900 when it had a similar issue of powerguard lights on/meters at max/no sound.
  13. M

Sherlock & Mac, Redux

The C2300 preamp had a 2-second solo screenshot in the most recent "Elementary":
  14. M

Sherlock Holmes Owns Mac - Elementary !

Your avatar is Joseph Bell, credited as inspiration for Conan Doyle's characterization of Holmes. There have been many presentations of Holmes over the past century, and to some degree, they've all differed from what was written - that's what makes it a challenge, and fun. All of the...
  15. M

I'm very familiar with "the canon", and this TV show is a clever variation, with good actors, and a high production value. There's room for improvement, sure, but that's almost always true. And seeing Vinnie Jones as "M" was a real treat!
  16. M

A screenshot with Lucy Liu, who plays Joan Watson on the CBS show "Elementary". There's an MT-10, and a pair of precariously-perched components.
  17. M

MCD7000 upgrade

Have you considered a computer-based source & DAC, and just bypass the last 25 years' worth of CD "improvements"?
  18. M

New MA6600 Int. Amp. A small problem with Glass face; fix or not?

Yes, a replacement should be in order - this is not post-purchase damage, but a physical flaw that is not consistant with typical products from this manufacturer. I'd contact the dealer in a friendly fashion, and give them the opportunity to correct things to your satisfaction.
  19. M

The entire McIntosh Factory Tour with over 70 photos

Ryan at AC set up our tour, and we experienced the Mac Theater, watched as transformers were potted, and got to see partially-assembled loudspeakers. Highly recommended!
  20. M

mcintosh cassette deck??

Tandberg, Nakamichi and Advent were three brands that were featured at McIntosh dealers where I've done business in the (distant) past. I've owned a Nak 1000 and the classic Advent 201 deck, and have gotten good results from both. In fact, I have a copy of a no-longer-in-print Barre...
  21. M

Terry Dewick or Audioclassics?

Audioclassics did an outstanding job on our amplifier - they are absolutely first-rate.
  22. M

MR88 first impressions and MR74 comparison

Don't feel bad, jayvis - one of our posters tends to project his own insecurities onto those who don't subscribe to his particular set of biases - it's par for this course. Having requested more in the way of listeners' specific FM preferences, the response was about what I'd expected -...
  23. M

MR88 first impressions and MR74 comparison

Well, that's what I'd love to know, Ron - the nature of your FM luck. What specific FM content is available to you in N. CA, that makes a great tuner worthwhile?
Back
Top Bottom