Search results

1. AlTinkster92

Best McIntosh Tube Preamp or other, comparable, *price range wise* for Sound Quality

12ax7 and12ax7A are basically the same tube, use em where ever. Same with the 7025 low noise variant
  2. AlTinkster92

Talk me out of a Magnavox 9302.

Love my 8601, always sounds great and Dave G built it. I hope you get your 9302
  3. AlTinkster92

Sansui 771 Joy

Its hard to beat the sound of these smaller ole Sansui's. Wife has a 220 and it kicks butt.
  4. AlTinkster92

Knight KB-85 question

:lurk:
  5. AlTinkster92

Knight KB-85 question

When my amp was restored pin1 was wired so I can use EL-34's if desired. There's a thread in here somewhere on the work that was done on mine....Hope this helps someway
  6. AlTinkster92

Sansui 210 loss of FM/AM, then all output

Those smaller Sansui's do punch way higher that there weight class , I had a 210 in Nam and wife now has a 220, both great little receivers Hope you get yours running soon.
  7. AlTinkster92

Knight KB-85 question

Never noticed a heat issue with mine, it has a current limiter as well as it runs on a buck trannie at 117 volts. Additionally the top side of the cage is a separate piece that lifts off to keep things even cooler if needed. I've never bothered to remove it. Dave , yours isn't that bad...
  8. AlTinkster92

Knight KB-85 question

Dave I own one of these and had it restored, still has the EL-37s and is one of the finest amps I've heard. Mark at Blueglow electronics (YOUTUBE) has a video on the restoration, you might be interested in viewing. Mine will be with me till I croak one day and I use it perhaps 3 or 4 days a...
  9. AlTinkster92

Restore or Upgrade for Vintage MC250?

Sent my MC250 up to Audio Classics years ago, came back in spec and a regular user to this day. A great little amp, to my thinking.
  10. AlTinkster92

12AX7 or 12AX7A?

You can also use a 7025, a low noise variant...
  11. AlTinkster92

AM radio listening at its best.

Back in the 60's.....Wolfman Jack on WABC radio, Saturday nights.
  12. AlTinkster92

AM radio listening at its best.

Showing my age I guess but I still to this day leave my GE Super Radio on AM all night to see what drifts in and out, usually around 1100 on the dial. Get all kinds of stuff.
  13. AlTinkster92

My first external DAC - Semibreve DA10S Stereo Audio Decoder

Will be watching, looks like a great DAC. I have a Modi 3 that Ive enjoyed for years, thinking about something new
  14. AlTinkster92

Fisher SA1000 => KT88s?

A SA1000 deserves what Avery designed it with, 8417's. Expensive yes but they are out there. My 2 cents...
  15. AlTinkster92

My Second Build of Gillespie SA-100 Clone

Been following along and learning , thanks Dave
  16. AlTinkster92

My Second Build of Gillespie SA-100 Clone

Beautiful Dave! Wish I had your skill and talents on this.... Al
  17. AlTinkster92

Dyanco PAS 3X tone potentiometers

Try a carefully handled heat gun? Have heard that can help.
  18. AlTinkster92

MX 114 Rebuild / Replace the Volume Potentiometer

You might try contacting Mark Opatt, he is a member and rebuilds volume pots for Fishers, he may be of help to you.
  19. AlTinkster92

Bucking transformer

These units can safely run on 105 volts. I too use a bucking trannie on all my gear and my unit runs at 116 as well. Never a problem on tubes or SS
  20. AlTinkster92

KX-200 save

Nice work Steve! You've become more and more experienced thru the years I've watched, you've learned a lot! Way to go! Al
  21. AlTinkster92

Potpourri Of Interesting *Old* Ads - Anything is game other than Audio!

Reminds me of the ole days Snipes were everywhere, viscous little things they were. We'd go snipe hunting, why I saw one once that took a mans hand Clean off!
  22. AlTinkster92

DGSE-1 w/K-horns

I have a DGSE-1 that Dave G built for me back in 2015, sometimes I have it hooked to my LaScalas, sound is great!
Back
Top Bottom