Search results

1. Edriz

Croatian high end turntable

Which Fidelity Research arm you using and how much of a job to mount it?
  2. Edriz

Official Jolida JD9 thread

Thank you so much Dill. Truly appreciated. I have mine set at Hi Out, Switch 2. I think I may play around and try Lo Out, Switch 3. Im using a ZYX Ultimate 100. Its a new line of MC's by ZYX. This makes my 2nd ZYX cartridge and I cant say enough great things about ZYX. Impeccable sound quality...
  3. Edriz

Official Jolida JD9 thread

Anyone know where to get that jpeg?
  4. Edriz

YUP, sure do

YUP, sure do
  5. Edriz

Sanyo Q50 plus salvageable or not

Ive had a Q50 since I bought it new back in the late 70's. It still works great but I haven't used it for a few years since buying my new S*A*M ~ Aldebaran turntable. I still haven't decided what Im going to do with the Q50 yet. It was a really nice turntable. Sounded very good. Ive used many...
  6. Edriz

I got my Aldebaran Feb. 2016 and Im still loving it. This table is the last Turntable I should ever have to buy. It sounds fabulous and I just cant say enough good things about it. I have recommended this table to many people that were referred to me by Ivan and from the ones Ive heard back...
  7. Edriz

Original owner La Scalas on CL (Central Valley, CA)

$3k vs. the price of new doesn't seem too bad to me. Not that Id EVER sell my 'ugly' black Lascalas but I wouldn't even consider $3K. But, in all honesty, the only thing left to my Lascalas would be the original woofers. Everything else has been changed/modified.
  8. Edriz

Vintage Klipsch vs New Klipsch

Im hooked on the Heritage series. Personally, once PWK went belly up, the company also went belly up. The moved most of their manufacturing to China, used cheaper drivers and wanted to go mainstream, mass market. But, that's just my opinion.
  9. Edriz

How old are you and what are the frequency limits of your hearing?

Im 61. I can hear up to mid 16k range. After that my hearing rolls off pretty quick. This is from an annual complete physicals I get through the VA Hospital. My last test was Jan. 2017. I missed this years apt and need to reschedule. Not bad though I think, for all the concerts I been to, down...
  10. Edriz

Ive only used the Calista-II tonearm so I cant comment on various other arms but I have ad many TTs over the years with other arms. Probably the best arm Ive had up until the Calista was a SME but the model number I cant remember, maybe something like a 3009? I don't, just cant remember. I do...
  11. Edriz

fave klipsch heritage line speaks

modified Lascalas.
  12. Edriz

My Stereo.

Yup, it is from Croatia. Bought this TT in Feb. 2016. Absolutely love it. It sounds incredible with the ZYX cart. Tracks great, no IGD and no acoustic feedback. I play a lot of my music loud to very loud too!
  13. Edriz

My Stereo.

Thanks guys for having a look see. Since these pictures were taken, the sub woofer is now gone as is the sub amp on the lower left side. I re-built the Ported Risers under my Lascalas and tuned them exactly as described on the Klipsch forum and also a fellow AKer and all around great man, Celt...
  14. Edriz

My Stereo.

Its not much I spose but it sounds incredible. Some pieces Ive had for a while, speakers forever, Turntable is somewhat new Feb.2016 and DAC is new. Anyway, there she be.
  15. Edriz

The first motor that came with my Aldebaran actually died on me, they sent me a new motor with separate speed controls that are adjustable. Think it took 3 weeks total but I had to send the housing so they could match the mount. I haven't had an issue since and its been over a year. Super quiet too.
  16. Edriz

Todays METAL playlist

Black Star Riders-Heavy Fire, vinyl
  17. Edriz

Todays METAL playlist

SIXX:AM-Prayers For The Blessed, vinyl
  18. Edriz

Todays METAL playlist

Metal Church-Generation Nothing
  19. Edriz

Todays METAL playlist

Deep Purple-In Concert, Vinyl
  20. Edriz

Todays METAL playlist

21. Edriz

Todays METAL playlist

I been a Whitesnake fan since 1976. They were a great hard/blues rock band til they came to America and got their hair permed. Even the line up before coming here was great. Mickey Moody on slide and lead, Bernie Marsden on lead, Neil Murray on Bass, Jon Lord on Keys, Ian Paice(my all time...
  22. Edriz

Todays METAL playlist

Just played this record yesterday. Been a fan of Krokus since I first seen them live in Germany back in 82! Check out their newest that came out last year, its excellent.
  23. Edriz

Needle "skids" into first song

yup, Im seein the same thing. I think what he is referring to is Zenith, where the headshell/cart look to be slightly angled one way or the other. This looked fine to me but yip, that cant looks like its pointing to the right.
  24. Edriz

M97xe Distortion? May be time for a new cart - 440mlb or 2m Blue?

sounds to me your records aren't as clean as they should be. I only ever use the Magic Eraser on my carts and then maybe once daily, sometimes not even that much. I use a 40X Jewelers magnifying glass with light, and check my stylus every morning before playing the first record. If it needs a...
Back
Top Bottom