Search results

1. JohnMac

Any slide players in the house?

Why is that billyz? Because of the fretboard radius?
  2. JohnMac

Yeah, the wine bottle slides all seem to have a bit of a flair on the bottle end.
  3. JohnMac

After reading about the different types of slides you folks use and seeing mention of copper tubing, I remembered that there is a length in my crawlspace, left over from when my house was built 25 years ago. I grabbed my tube cutter and went to work. I de-burred the ends and cleaned it up with...
  4. JohnMac

I do the same. I have small fingers and the snugger fit seems to give me more control.
  5. JohnMac

Couldn't Help Myself, a new-to-me guitar...

Nice. Agiles are fine guitars and the 3000 is a cool model. It sounds like you've done all of the appropriate mods to make it even better. I've never owned one but hope to some day. :)
  6. JohnMac

Monoprice 15w Tube Amp - speaker impedence?

Yes 8 ohm. FWIW, I tried a couple of "better" speakers in mine and ended up putting the original Celestion back in. After some break-in time it sounds great. I also replaced the reverb tank with a MOD and that was a worthwhile, inexpensive upgrade. Great little amps for the money. I actually...
  7. JohnMac

Led Zeppelin stick man (CNN)

I was always intrigued by that photo.
  8. JohnMac

Last Letter girl-boy-girl-.... name

Elwood
  9. JohnMac

Last Letter girl-boy-girl-.... name

Zachary
  10. JohnMac

Early pictures of You and Guitars

Early '70s.
  11. JohnMac

10" (8 ohm) Guitar Amp Speaker Suggestions?

I put a Ragin' Cajun in my '68 Custom Princeton reissue because I had it on hand and I find it to be a pretty nice upgrade..
  12. JohnMac

60s Japanese '335'

I would love to have seen that action. The "Swinga" is the perfect '60s garage band guitar. Impossible to intonate but who cared?
  13. JohnMac

60s Japanese '335'

And another Japanese model that I recently sold in an attempt to get my collection down to what I actually use. Kawai/Kingston "Swinger".
  14. JohnMac

60s Japanese '335'

That is a nice looking guitar! I just sold one that may have been made by the same company. Zero fret, similar pickups. After some work it really played and sounded quite nice.
  15. JohnMac

Guitar Amplification?

Tubes for me. Mostly my DIY amps. I do have a nice Fender '68 custom Princeton reissue that I leave at our jam space and a little 5 watt Monoprice amp. These were made from old mono audio amps. Two from record player amps made Gisonish, one from a Motorola made from a Fender Harvard circuit and...
  16. JohnMac

Just got my son the most metal looking ukelele I've ever seen

Very Cool! I'd bet a 13 year old would love to rock that.
  17. JohnMac

Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

In the eye of the beholder.
  18. JohnMac

Point-to-Point New Amps or PCBs?

I have a '68 Custom PRRI. A pretty decent amp. Not a lot of hum. One inherent problem with that amp is that tends to get bass heavy and flubby when turned up. There is a very simple, reversible mod that can be done to help deal with that. It made a huge difference on mine and made the bass...
  19. JohnMac

Fender offers Deluxe reissues in PBB and handwired. There are other differences though. Different cab material and different Jensen speaker. A big difference in price. '65 Custom Deluxe PCB. 22 watts. $1,599 '64 Custom Deluxe Hand wired 20 watts $2,949
  20. JohnMac

I'm not all that proficient but I do like to tinker. I would much rather work on (and build) old Fender amps than the new stuff. Schematics are available and easy to read and parts are readily available. Easy to modify if desired. Surface mount stuff is maddening. I have a new, inexpensive 5...
  21. JohnMac

Telecaster Forum + Audiogon forums

Same here. I participate on the forum almost daily and don't receive any email from them unless it's a post on a thread that I'm watching. And I can unwatch it at any time.
  22. JohnMac

The "Almost a band/musician name" game

Nurse John Sergeant Beefheart Corn Dog Taylor Tab Binet Crossme, Pills, Stash and Guns Leonard Skinflint
  23. JohnMac

Refoam advice please

Hey all, I'm replacing the surrounds on a pair of Allison Sevens for a friend. The originals were foam but someone replaced them with rubber. i've replace a number of foam surrounds but never tried to remove and clean up rubber ones. I know I can scrape the rubber off of the basket but I'm a...
  24. JohnMac

Can You Produce [?] In Less Than 15 Seconds?

No. Got an acorn though. Dual cassette player?
Back
Top Bottom