Search results

1. cchean

Soundwave by Vero Research Soliloquy find and cloth replacement

Found a pair of Soundwaves Soliloquy in fair shape, these will definitely need replacing the grill cloth. I see three screws on the bottom plate but the top plexiglass is smooth. Has anyone attempted to do this before and could help me on how to replace the cloth?will try to post better pictures...
  2. cchean

PF-800/PF-1000 spring adjustment

OK. I was able to remove them. Now that they're off, I see how they're attached. Should I level so that the metal part is flush with the wooden plinth? It might require a metal ruler or something, as it's too wide for a regular screwdriver.
  3. cchean

No. Bought it used. They just come off straight upwards or do I need to twist them?
  4. cchean

Does anyone know how to remove the spring covers on the PF-1000? I tried pulling and twisting, but they won't come out and I don't want to force them. Any hints?
  5. cchean

Help with hum in Apt Holman preamplifier

I'm trying, GKT. Right now, there is NOTHING connected to the preamp, except that it is connected to the AC. I will disconnect all the other components and connect PREAMP and AMP to an AC outlet.
  6. cchean

You mean, disconnect the ground wire from wall outlet? The APT Holman has a two-prong plug.
  7. cchean

I use a Tice Audio Power Conditioner where all my components are plugged in (turntable, DAC, power amp...). When I plug in the APT, the system hums. The APT has a two-prong plug and I noticed that the hums get louder in one position.
  8. cchean

Not that one. I've replace only the electrolytics. It might be worth a try.
  9. cchean

It hums regardless if the preamp is ON or OFF
  10. cchean

UPDATE. I connected the preamp again and here's what I've found: 01. the preamp produces hum in the system even when it's powered off! Using the Spectroid app, the frequency ranges from 59Hz to 400Hz. It's unstable. 02. Once powered on, the hum is steady at 59Hz. 03. Pressing the MUTE button I...
  11. cchean

I opened up the preamp today, did not see any colder joints but I tested continuity between chassis and ground of all inputs and outputs and they all checked OK. Should I test the diodes next?
  12. cchean

I believe it is 50/60Hz. What app can I use? Measure voltage across PS caps?
  13. cchean

Like, ground of each female RCA to chassis?
  14. cchean

Kenwood L-07M II Issues

I did this mod several years ago and it works perfectly. I still have some of the mica caps lying around. I noticed the price of mica caps have increased significantly, it will cost almost $80 to do a pair. Has anyone tried multi-layer ceramic caps? Murata has caps that will cost a fraction of...
  15. cchean

Yamaha A960 repair help!

By the way, I tested the bulb for the MAIN DIRECT switch and it is open. I had to undo the neat wire wrapping to test it. So, I'll order parts and do the service bulletin mod.
  16. cchean

Yamaha A960 repair help!

Mine looks similar, except it is black. It also has a different value, 0.22uF.
  17. cchean

I recently bought an APT HOLMAN preamp and it had a loud hum coming thru the speakers. The hum is there regardless of input selected or volume. In fact, it is present as soon as the preamp is turned on. So, I decided to do a full recap on it, as I thought the power supply smoothing caps were the...
  18. cchean

Yamaha A960 repair help!

Never mind, just found it. My lead spacing is 32mm, widest I could find on Mouse was 27.5mm. Will make it work.
  19. cchean

Yamaha A960 repair help!

Haven't changed it yet. What does X2 stand for?
  20. cchean

Yamaha A960 repair help!

My Yamaha A-960 was working fine until the power bulb went out. I ordered new bulbs, but decided to do a quick test before installing them. Turn out the bulb in "DISC" button is fine and reads 0 ohms across the leads. I replacer the power bulb and then the following happened: - When the amp is...
  21. cchean

yamaha a-960 no sound or lights?help...

I am having a problem with my A960. I replaced the power bulb and it started working again, but when I press the Main Direct Buttton I hear a relay click and power bulb is out. What should I look for?
  22. cchean

Yamaha A-760 light bulbs

Yes, I saw that. But amp is acting strange and wanted to sort that out before doing the mod.
  23. cchean

Yamaha A-760 light bulbs

Checked my amp again. I replaced the power bulb and here's what happened: 01. When the amp is turned on, the POWER button lights up. 02. When "DISC" is pressed, the corresponding bulb lights up. 03. When I press "MAIN DIRECT", POWER bulb goes out (does not burn) and I hear a relay click...
Back
Top Bottom