Search results

1. bhamham

Basic CD player

I'm looking for a basic CD player, like a 3 or more disc changer. I never play CDs just listen to my squeezebox using flac files or play records. However, my wife is still into CDs and finds the SB and spinning records too complicated. Can anyone suggest a basic CD player that they have had...
  2. bhamham

Anybody tried this substitute for 7868?

I'm just curious if anyone has tried the Russian 6P41S as a sub for a 7868. A seller is saying that one needs to raise the bias voltage. Would be great if could be made as a workable sub - only $4 a pop! https://tubes-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=227
  3. bhamham

What tuner was paired with the X-202?

I'd like to find a gold faced tuner to pair with my X-202. What was generally sold together as a pair? Thanks!
  4. bhamham

Advise for a Squeezebox user

I'm a long time SB user but not very computer savvy. What I have is an external hard drive with all my flac files. It's hooked up to my laptop where I run Logitec Media Server. I run a SB Classic, Duet and Touch units wireless in different rooms of the house. This has worked well for me...
  5. bhamham

Help with SpaceXpander

I just got a Fisher K-10 Spacexpander. I've always wanted one of these... a buddy of mine in high school back in the '60s had a reverb unit in his car. It was a lot of fun cruising the drive-ins with that thing on. When I get mine working, I'll probably listen to it a few times and then say 'why...
  6. bhamham

Thumbs up to aramirez626!

I bought a Discwasher set from @aramirez626. It arrived very well packaged and just like it was described & pictured. I'm very pleased. I would definitely buy from again. Thanks!
  7. bhamham

800-B restoration

I can't believe my luck. I happened upon this mint 800-B with walnut cabinet locally. It's in incredible shape with all original tubes. There's not a scratch on it. I just brought it home this afternoon. I had one of these a few years back. I totally restored it but after a year or so sold it...
  8. bhamham

Fisher Electra ID help needed

Can you console experts tell me what model Electra this guy is? Tube or Solid State? Thanks, Bruce
  9. bhamham

I need to pass along feedback to some great sellers

I've been remiss... I didn't realize there was a feedback section or maybe I forgot. Regardless, I've been buying LPs from AK members over the past few months and have not had one bad experience and would like to pass along my thanks and recommendations to the following: Northwinds - all LPs...
  10. bhamham

ID this Stanton cartridge

Not very familiar with Stantons but got this one with a TD-125 mk2. Like to get a new stylus for it. Thanks for your help! Bruce
  11. bhamham

Tool to adjust trimmers?

I bought these 10k ohm trimmers and am wondering is there a special tool to adjust them? A 3mm hex works OK but thought there's probably a better tool. Thanks, Bruce
  12. bhamham

Any one know about this Rauland-Borg EL34 monoblock?

Trying to figure this guy out. Can't seem to find any information or a schematic anywhere. Would like to know how speakers were hooked-up to it? It's a Rauland-Borg model RA-70 Thanks for any help! Bruce
  13. bhamham

500-B Phono Right channel out

I have no sound coming from my R ch in phono. L is good but there's no R. However, when I switch from Stereo to Mono the R side will kick in; L in mono is intermitten comes and goes. I've measured voltages on both 12AX7s (plates) L and R (V7 & V8) and they're pretty consistent with the...
  14. bhamham

Denon overhang gauge ID?

I bought this gauge with a bunch of phono parts at a garage sale. The guy couldn't remember what cartridge it was used for. Does anyone recognize it and know what Denon cartridges can be used with it? Thanks!
  15. bhamham

Loud 'chirping' noise upon start-up

This KX-200 that I recently restored with new e-caps including cans makes a loud 'chirp' about 15 seconds after start-up. It's loud, like a smoke alarm going off but just the one 'chirp' and then it's done. Doesn't happen again. I'm guessing it's a power cap discharging, but if so how would I...
  16. bhamham

KX-200 preamp filament voltage

Hey everyone, I'm working on a KX-200 and need some help taming the filament voltage to the phono & preamp tubes now running between 11.6 - 12.0 vdc at 117v main's current. Outputs are OK at 6.4v and 35ma bias. Can I put a dropping resistor in series off C4-B on the filament string...
  17. bhamham

KX-100/X-100-B Pilot Lamp

Parts list calls for a #470F bulb Anyone know where to find one? Or a substitute? Thanks
  18. bhamham

Help needed with Squeezebox

I sure could use some help with my Squeezebox Duet and SBv3 (non-wireless). I moved house and got a new internet provider. I hooked up my Duet and actually had it working for a week or so, then something happened - not sure what, but just can't get it to find my LM server now; same with the SBv3...
  19. bhamham

Fisher X-100-3 Refresh

Hey guys, I'm a bit rusty not having done any Fisher tube work in a couple of years, but I found this very nice X-100-3 on ebay and thought I'd like to try it out. The 7189 is probably my favorite output tube. It's in pretty good shape, there's some letter loss on the back of the chasis, but the...
  20. bhamham

Recommend me a pole saw

Are there any good electric ones? I really don't use one enough to justify buying an expensive gas one, but I really don't know what's out there. What do you guys use and would you recommend it? Thanks, Bruce
  21. bhamham

Help with an Ortofon tonearm rs-212

I have this ortofon arm that has a broken pin on the socket where the wires connect. I'd like to try to replace the socket myself and looking for parts diagram or service manual. Anybody worked on one of these and can provide some help? Thanks
  22. bhamham

800b power tube failure

Had a strange thing happen today while working on a 800b. I'd just finished replacing all the e-caps including the cans, cleaned all the sockets, etc and slowly powered it up with the variac. Got it to 117v and everything was going very well, biased the 7591s at 34ma with the IBAM - all old...
  23. bhamham

Volume problem 500b

Hey guys, I've got a 500b that I'm working on with a 'weak' volume problem. I've just finished rebuilding the power supply - new caps, etc. Cleaned all the controls & sockets. But the volume is pretty faint when full on. It's in both channels, balance control seems to work properly with each...
  24. bhamham

LPG - propane hose by the foot

I know there's some smart folks here who might be able to help me. I'm trying to route a length of propane hose from my VW campervan to my portable gas grill. There's an external LPG take-off point from the gas tank on the van that's got a regulator. It runs a stove and frig inside. The...
  25. bhamham

Fisher Ambassador Console - $175 San Antonio craigslist

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/fuo/5566923627.html
Back
Top Bottom