Search results

1. goinslow

Pics of your listening space

My main room, and only room. Sansui 9090db, Marantz Imperial 5 speakers, Denon DCD-1420. Misc gear wherever I can find room.
  2. goinslow

ft myers craigslist

Here you go http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/ele/1527080429.html http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/ele/1527817644.html http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/ele/1527781843.html http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/ele/1526411934.html...
  3. goinslow

Denon DCD 1420 8.00 dollars

I still have her number and she also told me if the remote shows up, she would let me know. I guess considering the price, probably pick them up from her if she hasnt sold them in the next few days. The cd player is all I wanted tho, and i am running out of room for more stuff.
  4. goinslow

A Denon receiver and a Denon dubbing cassette deck. Both nice looking, but didnt need the 2.
  5. goinslow

Please Post your Infinity speakers

Infinity Speakers 1st pair were my 2000a's, followed by the 1001a's. Then picked up the 5000's and refoamed the woofers. RSb's came next and refoamed the woofers recently. Like the RSb's best followed by the 1001a's. All are in excellent to near mint condition. Working on getting a pair of...
  6. goinslow

Well I picked up the Marantz Imperial 6G's and the University Laredo's!!!

Thanks for the tip. Will try using the brass wool next time around. I havent noticed any shedding with the steel wool, but this is so far pretty new to me refinishing wood. Have had good results, and appreciate any helpful tips along the road.
  7. goinslow

Well I picked up the Marantz Imperial 6G's and the University Laredo's!!!

Very nice pickup. Treat your wife to a night on the town. Very cool wife you have there. You are a lucky man. Cant tell how bad the cabinets are on your speakers, but I have had very good success with 000 steel wool and Howards Restore and Finish. Just color match what you need. Should turn...
  8. goinslow

Picked this up this morning. Denon DCD-1420. Nice sounding deck. Seller was listing 3 Denon pieces for 25.00. All I wanted was the cd player. She let it go for 8.00. Now all I need is the remote, which will probably cost more than the player. Not as robust as the 1500, but cant complain.
  9. goinslow

Sound Speaker System

Nice little 2 way speaker. Never have heard of the brand before, but nice solid build. Pretty heavy for such a small speaker. Anyone hear of these?
  10. goinslow

Value of Sansui QRX-3000

I owned one of these a couple years ago. It was in excellent condition cosmetically and functioned fine. When I bought it, I paid 40.00 for it. Probably worth that, maybe 50.00 tops.
  11. goinslow

Also saw Marantz Imperial 6 g speakers today...

:lurk: Waiting to hear if you picked up the University speakers and or the Marantz 6 G's
  12. goinslow

So, I looked at a 9090 yesterday

I just picked up a Sansui 9090db 2 weeks ago, and have been using different speakers, and have found that my Infinity 2000a sound boomy as you described, but my Marantz Imperial 5's sound even across the range. My Marantz HD 880's sound bright and fast compared to the other 2 mentioned, with the...
  13. goinslow

Infinity RSb

I have the same speaker, and ordered the surrounds from Orange County Speaker in California. You can order online, or call them on their 800 number. http://www.speakerrepair.com/ They arent the cheapest around, but i have always received great service and the correct surrounds. I know...
  14. goinslow

I have been driving them with a Sansui 9090db which is more then they need. A very mellow sounding speaker, and most likely needing a recap as well. If you pick up the University, post some pics. The 6's as well. Hope you get them Monday
  15. goinslow

Did they still have the foam grills? Chances are pretty good that the grills are long gone. If they were a decent price and in very good shape, I would buy them just for the collectability. http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/imp6g.html I have these...
  16. goinslow

Petroff labs speakers Any opinions on these

Yes. they do look like a very nice quality speaker. I have heard some very good things about the Raven tweeters. Will pull the other drivers to see what they are. The cabinet design reminds me of the Nestorovic cabinet. Wonder if there is any relationship to both designers?? I will be...
  17. goinslow

Petroff labs speakers Any opinions on these

I am going to pick these up this weekend, but there just isnt much information out there about this speaker. Raven tweeters is all I know about the one driver. Does anyone own or have any opinions about this speaker?
  18. goinslow

Craigslist, Seattle smattering ...

Turntable number 5 of 12 built way ahead of its time Nothin to see anymore.
  19. goinslow

Classe .3 cd player questions

I am looking for a new cd player, but used. I am looking at a Classe .3 player from 1998. Does anyone know if this player will have any problems playing cdr's? My last player from 1988 had problems playing them. Would be able to play the 1st half of the cdr, but then couldnt track the rest of...
  20. goinslow

How old, make that "YOUNG", are you guys?

Turning 57 in a few days, and after putting in a rough day at work, feeling every minute of it.
  21. goinslow

HH Scott Speakers

I would like to know more about these as well. Are these the ones you picked up? Let me know your impressions on these.
  22. goinslow

Greetings from Washington State

Welcome aboard!!
  23. goinslow

Farberware Speakers DC CL

Just set it and............forget it
  24. goinslow

Graham, Washington, anyone close

I just PM'd you with plans, and will try to call you later this evening or tomorrow. Talk to you later
  25. goinslow

Sansui 9090db

9090db 290 is a very good deal for this receiver. Local pickup makes it even better. Save on shipping costs, and not having to worry about damage. Considering what these usually sell for, and this looks like a nice one. Advertised as working and the 1st pic does show it powered on, and the...
Back
Top Bottom