Search results

1. stormy

Sansui 4000 blowing main fuse

Are their any good Sansui techs in the Southeast (I am in Orlando). Or elsewhere?> Not looking for any favors - the guy in Orlando was saying the parts were not available so I can see it sitting in his shop for 6 months
  2. stormy

The speaker wires were not shorted as far as I know - I was using other receivers with the same setup and had no problem. Thanks for the input!
  3. stormy

Hello all, I have been away for awhile. I bought a Sansui G-9700 quite some time ago on this site - still blasting beautiful music. I bought a Sansui 4000 from an individual and it looked like a museum piece. It came with the original packaging, inner and outer boxes, Styrofoam clamshell and...
  4. stormy

speakers of unknown origin

Hello all, While I was working up north - and needing apeakers - I bought these on a whim from somebody that said they were TimeWindows X2 (?). I had a good experience with TimeWindows for casual use so I bought. Once I tested them I found they didn't have much low-end. He had mentioned...
  5. stormy

Interesting ebay experience

I don't know if I should post his ebay ID, but badbadbad is close. Is posting ebay ID's allowed and is it fair to do so?
  6. stormy

JBL 250Ti

I would buy them and put all new drivers in them - JBL brand or not - if you could pick them up cheap enough, that is a rare and good looking design
  7. stormy

Interesting ebay experience

Well I moved back to Orlando from N. Iowa where I was working. I haven't really been on Audiokarma for the past 20 months while I was up north - I was busy and didn't have much to post. Below is my first stereo transaction since I have been back. I listed a pair of black on black...
  8. stormy

Beatles, Beatles, Beatles (inspired by Olson Jr.)

Tribute to Abbey Road My main rig - no other R&R poster would do :thmbsp: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=187558&d=126246118
  9. stormy

Cartridge Suggestions for Empire 598

I've always used a Stanton 681 EEE in mine and have been very happy.
  10. stormy

Sounds Horrible... Sirius

I am a fan of Sirius and a lot of it has to do with the horrible FM music formats available in Orlando. I did read that XM had the slightly better sound quality but I ended up with Sirius back in the early days of satellite radio. I liked their format and was running Clarion equipment at the...
  11. stormy

Ressurected G-9700

I ended up with the G-9700 that is the original subject of this thread. It still sounds incredible - I use it with my Empire TT and it powers DQ-10's sitting atop cabinets w/15" JBL woofers. I think it sounds amazing and it it tough to get the volume knob past 1/2 way, even with the power...
  12. stormy

Hello from Orlando, FL

Welcome from a fellow Orlando resident!
  13. stormy

Tweeter frying issue

For best results, I always use peanut oil when I fry tweeters / chickens :o)
  14. stormy

Tube pre-amp pics - good shots by my neighbor

I was referring to the top center amplifier powering the JBL's being class 'A' power.... not the tube pre-amp. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
  15. stormy

The preamp - Model 111 - details from the builder: "The tubes are the Tung Sol 6L6G reissues and are electronically configured as a single gain stage in triode-mode; the second set of tubes are current sources. The model name is derived from the fact that there is one resistor, one...
  16. stormy

The 6L6 tubes are being utilized in the pre-amp only (even though they considered output tubes). The signal is being split to the 2 amps in the center. The 100 watt class 'A' amp in the top center is a separate piece, and its smallish looks are deceiving because it too has a separate...
  17. stormy

Thanks! The pre-amp was constructed by a good friend of mine using 6L6 output tubes. Don't ask me how he accomplished this but the sound is phenomenal! It has a separate, outboard power supply (behind the console). Next to the pre-amp is a stack of 2 amps - the top one is another one-off piece...
  18. stormy

My neighbor is pursuing a career as a photographer so I compensated him for taking a few shots of my stereo. My one-of-a-kind tube pre-amp was a focal point so I could provide its maker with a couple of good pictures. Just sharing... I suppose this thread could have been started in the...
  19. stormy

Broken G-8700 & G-9700 - looking for techs in FL

Thanks for the help. I haven't heard from my friend, but it looks like these will be put on ebay soon.
  20. stormy

Technics SU-V9 - bought one / little info on

I picked up a Technics SU-V9 receiver today plus the matching tuner. It was difficult to find any info on this piece so I went in blind. I thought it was strictly an amp (it was listed as such) but it turned out to be an intergrated receiver (w/o tuner which was separate). Its very Asian...
  21. stormy

Broken G-8700 & G-9700 - looking for techs in FL

Hello, First I must say that I own a G-9700 purchased from this board and use it proudly. It is powering DQ-10's and JBL 15's (housed in separate cabs). It is my main analog system and it always impresses those who hear it. So my friend hears it (while separated from the misses) and totally...
  22. stormy

Broken G-8700 & G-9700 worth

I agree with the low starting bid - it seems to entice bidders. However since my friend is afraid of getting stuck with the low asking price (no ebay experience), I thought I would ask AK and go from there. Because of his influence, I will likely start the auctions at $100. Thanks all.
  23. stormy

Broken G-8700 & G-9700 worth

[Edited by Moderator]...anyone have a feel for the...[Edited by Moderator]...overall worth? Sansui G-8700 - really nice cosmetically, owned since new, lights up but stays in "protect mode" Sansui G-9700 - fairly rough cosmetically, no lights as it blows a fuse immediately Thanks
  24. stormy

7500 records-$100: MPLS CL

Yeah, I made this mistake at an estate sale - sale was over and they offered everything in the room for $50 - approximately 5,000 albums and the shelving. I made money but would I do it again knowing the collection had mostly worthless albums - no way!
  25. stormy

Anyone with an RV system?

I have a 1984 Winnebago Chieftan (33' foot) - I installed a Monster inverter in it near the front so I can run home equipment w/o runnning the generator. I didn't want to install 12V car stereo equipment that could get stolen while in storage. I used a Pioneer receiver (old SX 1000 TW on the...
Back
Top Bottom