Search results

1. chadnliz

Center channel speaker with active 8inch Sub, A waste?

Any multi channel program will sound better with a center than without.
  2. chadnliz

Center channel speaker with active 8inch Sub, A waste?

Most 5.1 tracks benefit from a dedicated Center channel to properly present ALL info as intended, some can convince themselves and insist that the compromise of just stereo fronts sound perfectly fine....but it's still a compromise and never optimized no matter how you slice it.
  3. chadnliz

A blind test finds out if 1970s receivers can hold their own against the latest stuff

But everyone already knows you'd do that anyway lol
  4. chadnliz

A blind test finds out if 1970s receivers can hold their own against the latest stuff

Try Anthem, Rotel, top tier units from Marantz, Yamaha....
  5. chadnliz

Flawed test purposely designed to get result desired, complete waste of time...any nerd doing a "blind test" would know nerds were going to examine it's merits, which are complete B.S.
  6. chadnliz

For anyone interested in the Audio Research brand...

Stop geeez, HE HAS THE REF 3 PRE AMP, not sure which phono number he purchased last year LONG AFTER THE REF 3 LINE STAGE PRE. It's like you're trolling for mistakes....my mistake was attempting to share about Audio Research.
  7. chadnliz

Legacy speaker support

Vandersteen does...in fact most high end companies who are still alive are still supporting their products, atleast from what I can tell.
  8. chadnliz

The 'Flipper'

Atleast Flippers are putting products back into the chain, isn't that better than hoarders who only benefit their own mental disorders....pretty easy answer. If a guy who has 5 or 10 of every piece of stereo gear sitting in some musty shrine is bitching about a flipper snagging up a thrift...
  9. chadnliz

I'm going to have my own late night tv show

Get Newman as your sidekick
  10. chadnliz

3D Audio

I think many recordings if not majority employ more than 2 mics, if a band records in same space the drums, vocals both lead and backing, and instruments get their own mics to record all information and dynamics.
  11. chadnliz

3D Audio

There is a new multi channel recording format called Auro 3D that adds height to audio for music and movies, for example multiple mics are positioned above and around the recording environment to add the full sense of the space it's recorded in. I have this configuration and it even does a fine...
  12. chadnliz

No he definitely has Ref 3 pre from about 8yrs agoish, I installed it, I just can't remember the phono model but I installed it last year but I think it was discounted when I newer stage came out making it more attractive to buy.
  13. chadnliz

Govt Mule fans, this is pretty cool ...

Great "New" twist on a absolute classic! http://www.alternativenation.net/exclusive-world-premiere-govt-mules-new-single-blind-man-dark/
  14. chadnliz

Cool video, have to show my father he owns the Ref 3 pre and Ref 6 I think phono pre.
  15. chadnliz

Meatloaf collapsed in Canada.. :(

Meatloaf went over easy then got roasted lol. But all harmless jokes aside I hope he rests up and maybe lightens his schedule. When I saw him on the Back To Hell tour he gave a 110% in his performance, nobody can keep that level up as the age. Mark Twain: “The secret source of humor itself is...
  16. chadnliz

I'm glad to see some can have a little fun...GO CAVS!
  17. chadnliz

Lol....Meatloaf has a new album coming out, "Back into Hamburger Helper"
  18. chadnliz

So explaining this was a joke, then admitting I was a fan and actually saw him perform live STILL leaves you digging in your heals? You can assume I'm sad or angry, I'll assume you're one of the new breed of clichés finding creative ways to be effortlessly offended....good luck with that. Now...
  19. chadnliz

You must be a blast at a party...
  20. chadnliz

Grow up it was a joke, actually saw him perform in Cleveland, I paid my money...he can take a joke
  21. chadnliz

I was shocked to see this, people still pay to see Meatloaf?
Back
Top Bottom