Search results

1. charne@sprin

McIntosh C55 and C2800

But which to choose?
  2. charne@sprin

Amplifier selection: Rotel RB-1582 mark ii

^^^ Very pleased with the Rotel -- runs cool and silent. it's a keeper.
  3. charne@sprin

What's the weirdest factory mistake you've found?

Certainly prevented a case of pneumonia.
  4. charne@sprin

Rotel amps.

^^^ No balanced out on the MA5200. Amp arrived yesterday so far, so good.
  5. charne@sprin

Amplifier selection: Rotel RB-1582 mark ii

Seeking more power for my 2-channel system. Purchased the Rotel which offers 200 watts per channel plus a five year warranty. 12 hours or so into initial operation and it is settling in quite nicely. 200 watts doubles amplifier power from the amp section of my McIntosh MA5200 integrated...
  6. charne@sprin

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

MA5200 at winter residence, primarily using streaming for program sources. Have been hoping to add an outboard amplifier to increase power of the system. Came ]thisclose[ to purchasing an MC152 until my vendor pulled a disappearing act. After rethinking it, I have ordered a Rotel RB-1582 mark...
  7. charne@sprin

Please, McIntosh, help!

HA! Won't get fooled again.
  8. charne@sprin

Please, McIntosh, help!

Please submit your EPA license and Certificate of insurance for the review committee.:beerchug:
  9. charne@sprin

Rotel amps.

My connections will all be unbalanced... out of the preamp into the amp.
  10. charne@sprin

Rotel amps.

Waaaay back in the 1970's I had Rotel amp in my office at CBS Records in New York. It drove a pair of Bozak floor speakers. I left the Rotel and Bozaks behind in 1979 when I left the company. Have now ordered a new Rotel amp to work into a 2-channel system. It'll be interesting (for me...
  11. charne@sprin

Please, McIntosh, help!

Are you licensed by the EPA and bonded for disposal of electronic waste? :oops:
  12. charne@sprin

McIntosh Technology

As noted above .. a science experiment....... but Rotel five year warranty if it passes 60-day Crutchfield probationary period.
  13. charne@sprin

McIntosh Technology

My seller of the possible MC152 disappeared but your advice above is appreciated. I have ordered a Rotel amp from Crutchfield, 200 watts per channel. Price was right, it's fully returnable within 60 days, so it's a bit of a science experiment. I had a Rotel amp in my office years ago (1970s)...
  14. charne@sprin

McIntosh Technology

Question -- as a listener, not an engineer. I recently put together a 2-channel system at a part-time (winter) residence. The program source is pretty much limited to streaming using vTuner and Spotify from a WiiM Pro Plus streamer and blue tooth from my iPad. Volume levels are low to...
  15. charne@sprin

Please, McIntosh, help!

Follow-up: McIntosh shipped me an HR085 remote which works great. Cost to me was less than what these seem to be priced at elsewhere online. I can't speak to any other issues of compatibility -- but my MA5200 is happy and the grungy old HR072 remote has been retired from active service.
  16. charne@sprin

Interconnect Cables

....... so it was a decorating choice! Now we're getting to the heart of it!:oops::bowdown:
  17. charne@sprin

Interconnect Cables

This whole experience has been educational for me. My dad was an early adopter of hi-fi (mono in those days). His childhood friend, Bill Hecht, who held the patent on the soft dome tweeter, served as his guru and advisor. My dad used zip cord for speaker wire. His system was a National tube...
  18. charne@sprin

Interconnect Cables

I'm so happy I could suggest a topic for which there is so much passion! Now, to change the subject, which is better in peanut butter, smooth or crunchy?:banana:
  19. charne@sprin

Interconnect Cables

Wow. Cables. A hot topic. Who knew. Thank you for all the assistance and advice here. For my purposes, the cables would not likely be the weak link of the system.
  20. charne@sprin

MC152 .. to add or not to add

Cheap feet? I tend to place my components onto hockey pucks for a little extra clearance and ventilation space.:D
  21. charne@sprin

McIntosh doesn’t seem to have any consistent policy about which unbalanced inputs to spec on their amplifiers. Some big heavy amps have what appear to be the same inputs as the MC152, other have what appear to be heavier duty inputs. Those inputs do not get heavy use. Once the cables are in...
  22. charne@sprin

Considering moving from a NAD 658 preamp to the McIntosh C49

My own $0.02: I wanted to add streaming capability to my MA5200, so purchased a Bluesound Node X, and returned it. My primary streaming sources are Internet radio stations from across the globe, and the Node X did not have the broad capability I want. I replaced it with a WiiM Pro Plus Airplay...
  23. charne@sprin

After giving this entire project a lot of thought, I've decided I really do not need anything the size or weight (or power) of the MC312 or MA9000. The MC152 is a great choice for this system -- sits in a corner of the room I use for an office, driving smallish Canton floor speakers pointed at...
  24. charne@sprin

So What Stereo Did John Lennon Have In His Bedroom?

I was living in New York at the time -- John may have purchased his gear at Harvey Radio on West 45th Street, or in the lower level at Sam Goody on West 51st Street at 6th Avenue. I purchased a Yamaha 1040 receiver from Harvey around that time, and two pair of Braun L-1040 speakers from Goody...
  25. charne@sprin

Interconnect Cables

In order to soften the financial blow of my system work, I'm probably going to start at a low end of interconnect cable -- here's what I'm looking at. I figure I can always replace these once the components are in place and I have some listening experience. It's an easy adjustment to make. 6...
Back
Top Bottom