Search results

1. P

Let's Talk About Amplifier Clipping.

So as long as I'm listening to Pantera and not pink noise, I can have a 1000WPC RMS amp pushing 200W RMS peak speakers to extremely loud levels?
  2. P

Pink noise?
  3. P

I'm curious now. Why do we have speakers that have power ratings of (example) 200W RMS max, yet they keep benefiting from amps 3-4-5 times the power rating and don't burn their tweeters even in large transients. Especially this is the case with inefficient speakers. Can we bust this myth, if...
  4. P

Happy Birthday, Jonman!

Happy b'day!!!
  5. P

Moron tries to steal a motorcycle and gets blown away by off duty cop

This is fake. The criminal got shot but he is just in pain, didn't drop dead immediately like in the movies.
  6. P

Most expensive loudspeakers in the world: would you trust it?

24K gold 8AWG chokes in the crossovers. :boink:
  7. P

1) Rent a Lab. 2) Get Ken Kantor to do it. 3) Buy Stereophile.
  8. P

I would focus on developing truly new technology of speaker drivers. The enclosure would be my last worry and expenditure. Something like MBL did with their millions.
  9. P

Why do some guys have to crap on someone else's system ???

I'm not the one who got egged on and started calling in unknown general direction people "a$$holes". Some class. Doug expressed his opinion and experience and calling it threadcrapping or insult is just way way out of line.
  10. P

Good point. What makes a speaker Hi-End? The design or the materials? Which one to what extent?
  11. P

The moment the OP opened a thread on a global forum about a piece of gear, he welcomed peoples opinions about it. Whatever they may be. Remember free speech? The fact someone shared his negative experience with the same gear was taken as an insult instead of potential valuable advice. Why not...
  12. P

http://web.archive.org/web/20050828140425/http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
  13. P

I'd rather hear people's honest opinions and experiences than the alternatives of it.
  14. P

Bose acoustimass question........

Would you have taken that 5.1 home for 39$ if it wasn't BOSE?
  15. P

See what I mean Tom? http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=549461
  16. P

I'm still laughing my a$$ off! Thanks for sharing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-i9GXbptog
  17. P

I believe you received an answer about what speaker wire to use. No need to be a drama queen. BTW Would you have taken that 5.1 home for 39$ if it wasn't BOSE?
  18. P

Ugliness - your name is bmw!!!!!

这是正确的。
  19. P

If you were a BMW shareholder which market would you go for?
  20. P

Confessions of a diffusion junkie

Nice! :thmbsp: Usually its a tradeoff with back reflections, SPL for accurate soundstage.
  21. P

Confessions of a diffusion junkie

Did you get less SPL?
  22. P

Visual appeal and indirectly trading gold. How to get 200kg (440lbs) of gold out of a country? Sell it as speaker enclosures. Conspiracy!
  23. P

I'm just saying that what we consider to be ugly might be beautiful and interesting to the Asian market and vice versa.
  24. P

Asian aesthetics are prominent with excess of details. To a Westerner it looks like chaos of colors and forms, but to a person from the Asian cultures its interesting since they have learned to appreciate each detail one at a time. Occidental's aesthetics are more minimalistic and holistic and...
Back
Top Bottom