Search results

1. mroboto

Vintage European Capacitor Values - How to read them

100 degrees (Celsius) 1000V ? Not sure if that make sense, maybe.
  2. mroboto

Vintage European Capacitor Values - How to read them

VCC = Volts Courant Continu Direct current (DC Volts)) 1.500 = 1500 Looks like 20000 micro micro farads ( 20 nf ) 1500 DC V 20nF = 20000pF (MMFD) https://ecole-duchesnay.cssc.gouv.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/capacitor-uf-nf-pf-conversion-chart.pdf
  3. mroboto

The Topping D50 III is out, Just saying...

I received it fast from an Aliexpress seller, nothing bad to say except there was no power cable in the box for the price Already had a few of these power cables :thumbsup: There was at least one Barrel 5.5 x 2.1 mm to Barrel 5.5 x 2.1 mm cable in a plastic bag. A few years back I did buy...
  4. mroboto

I prefer to use my own dedicated 5V External Linear Power Supply instead of a power supply in the same chassis as the DAC audio circuit. The lower end model DAC invite me to use the power supply I want, and that works fine for me. But thanks for suggestions.
  5. mroboto

Thanks gvl, I didn't know there was an EQ involved. I just wanted to buy a second D50s and saw the high prices on eBay, when weekly searching, now I see the D50 III appears, and the specs :thumbsup: Update: No update :( Two times the seller told me the factory announce delays in shipping, he...
  6. mroboto

Sick and tired of buying RCA cables for vintage gear

I don't remember the brand, but they are quality connectors now. Needed to use the press drill for that plastic plate, to create right diameter holes.
  7. mroboto

RCA jacks was conical / \ on my TU-70 so most cables won't fit deep or fit at all Cheap spaghetti cables with 4 rabbit ears for negative (Tighteners) and long positive prong can fit these old connectors, barely but possible.
  8. mroboto

Less hassle for the future to just replace the RCA jacks like I did on my Sansui TU-70
  9. mroboto

Setton AS1100 bias current adjustment help.

Glad this can help you. Yes, my primary language is French.
  10. mroboto

Setton AS1100 bias current adjustment help.

30 mA sounds more logical to me, try both channels at 30 mA and if it works fine, call it good. In French I found this: https://www.google.com/search?q=Setton+AS-1100+repos+site:vintage-audio-laser.fr With keyword "Repos" for "Courant de repos" (BIAS)
  11. mroboto

Recapped crossovers, now what?

What type of capacitors did you use ? Film caps are stable, but electrolytics have to form (Or reform) an aluminum oxide layer, by usage, in most cases it's not a problem. But capacitors reform is quite fast, don't expect better after more than 200 hrs.
  12. mroboto

CD-r Heroes....??

Of Optical, Digital is still actual. And you have to clean your lens and grease (With Safe on plastic grease like some Lithium Grease) the moving parts under optical block.
  13. mroboto

CD-r Heroes....??

Burrrn your CD-R using the software Burrrn
  14. mroboto

CD-r Heroes....??

I rip optical discs on main computer, with my LG WH14NS40 with a Libredrive firmware 1.05 (But not region coded DVDs) Been able to rip all my almost 15 years old burned DVDs with it, while another BRAND won't detect most of the discs I did try. Model BP50NB40 is similar but external USB with...
  15. mroboto

Sansui b3000

Maybe the B3000 is as the B1000, 8 ohms Minimum Tu avoid amplifier damages, it works that way. Unless you have two pairs of 16 ohms speakers to connect in parallel, you can connect them in series.
  16. mroboto

The best semi-budget cables for me are BetterCables Silver Serpent. Connectors fits tight but easy to connect/disconnect at the same time due to their construction, sound is awesome also for most demanding listeners like me. And there is only Shrink sleeve around the connector, maybe not too...
  17. mroboto

Audio Absurdity Award Goes To....

If the amp start to act like Hell, you may need an Exorcist
  18. mroboto

Promising 0.00006% distortion ! Not out for delivery yet, the seller says there are delays in shipping... I so much like my D50s, so I had to order one D50 III And a 2nd L.K.S Audio LPS-25-USB Linear power supply to go with it too. External + Linear power supply is a great combination for...
  19. mroboto

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Another BRZHiFi X21 (TPA3255 Class D amp), in silver colour this time, to be able to play FLAC files on a USB flash drives directly on the front of the amp, in my main listening room, during summer heat waves, when I'm not willing to start the computer as source (of heat :rant:) it's really...
  20. mroboto

Replacing all capacitors with solid polymer ones inside amplifier

Yes, since they are 1/2W, forget about, that was just an example. Transistors are Mhz rated, why not capacitors ? The flagship BA-F1 is a great exemple of very fast amplifier at 600Khz frequency response. Film caps I did try in my mods tends to be slower, missing details power and dynamic in...
  21. mroboto

People talk about ESR as if the resistance slows down the signal but in the NFB network there is often a resistor of around 10 kOhm. The NFB signal is not slowed down as far as I know!? The best you can use is non inductive resistor.
  22. mroboto

Solid Polymer alone sounds like crap. Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors sounds smoother. Multiplying capacitors is the key, I like to add Ceramic or Film capacitors. Ceramic sounds better at high audio frequencies, the highest values like 10uf 50V everywhere you can for DC filtering of sources...
  23. mroboto

HAIR METAL, list your one "guilty pleasure" tune!!

Too heavy ? Just too good to not post it ! Holocaust - Heavy Metal Mania
  24. mroboto

6BA6 Substitute

Please verify, but I think they are : 6BA6 / EF93 / 6K4P / 6K4P-ER (6K4n-EP in russian)
  25. mroboto

Help me pick out a cheap new(er) amp

I meant, unless you buy a low power amplifier in consumer electronics category, you never knew what amp you really bought since transistors. Sometimes I prefer less, Push Pull is less than a Parallel Push Pull. I very like class A, but a class AB Push Pull is almost my favourite. Have to roll...
Back
Top Bottom