Search results

1. eclein

Headphone recommendations for under $100?

You can get Sennheiser HD202's for like $25 or there abouts and they smoke a bunch of these. I am also a Grado guy from way back, I took a pair of SR60's and modded them into a great looking pair and they sound incredible. You have a ton of options....:music:
  2. eclein

Is DAC-09 24/96 via COAX- I forget?

I got more....sold some, I picked up L830's, 3 way bookshelf..Ian I got them from an online retailer and they screwed up the order so much along the way by the time I made the purchase they had knocked almost $500 off the price---I had to settle for the wrong color, but for $500, not a...
  3. eclein

Is DAC-09 24/96 via COAX- I forget?

I love my DAC-09 with my RED 5 Star and while I save for an 11 or Sabre DAC I am using the coax input and I think its 24/96 correct?? On the 09 it was just the USB that was 16/44.1 right? Thanks guys... Ed
  4. eclein

Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 launched

I'm not sure if I should get the DAC11 or the Sabre DAC....I love my DAC-09, best money I have spent in audio!! Decisions, decisions.....????
  5. eclein

Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 launched

I thought it was time for a new DAC......Hey Rachel and Ian....I'm still kicking around Allentown. Sorry Ian but I had to let you folks know first....so is the new DAC way better than the 09???? Is it using a different tube???
  6. eclein

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Some HiRez Steely Dan from HD Tracks and through HifiMan HE-5LE's...sounds excellent.
  7. eclein

Time for New Vintage Speakers (?)

I have about the same size 12 X 12 room as paulm and I have been a JBL fan for years, I got like 5 pair and the mains I use for music a S38ii's, they will hard to track down, they usually pop up on ebay, there are copper colored woofers and silver and black woofers on mine the S38ii, I highly...
  8. eclein

Considering TubeDAC-09

Buddyboy....sorry been all over...YES thats it, 5 star printed in RED ink on the tube is what I was suggesting but they are hard to find, so if you see one or a pair...buy them as I'm pretty sure somebody here will take the extra......
  9. eclein

Considering TubeDAC-09

Hey, I'm not sure I have all the info your asking about either but the Tube DAC's headphone output is Solid State, about driving different cans, I use Grado's and its fine, I use Ultrasone's and its fine, I would think it has enough power to drive about anything. The first time I heard the tube...
  10. eclein

MP-301 MK2 has landed

I am experiencing the same thing as Rockyhill...stock tubes a lot of hum, Mullard EL34's and RCA replacements 90% less hum...it sounds like a ground hum to me but moving it around or like RH did still didn't make it go away. The amp sounds great except for that.
  11. eclein

MP-301 MK2 has landed

Hey guys, I've had mine a few days and yesterday swapped out all the tues and put in the following: Mullard reissue EL34's RCA SJ??? The hum that was audible through my speakers on day one is now 95% gone, the first day the hum was so bad after 7-8 hours of play I had to shut it down, It was...
  12. eclein

MP-301 MK2 has landed

Yep....this one came pre snipped!!! LOL.....dude that was like I was in surgery or something....hahaha, that seems like years ago when I could still walk a fair amount. The snip mod...that was good Bill and you should try to score one of these, its a different type sound with more body, more...
  13. eclein

MP-301 MK2 has landed

ho Hum I got one today the hum is there but not that bad, it does not interfere with the sound at all and seems to be intermittant. The sound quality is so good I'll deal with the hum, stock tubes and I'm floored this only cost $260ish....wow!!!! Big Bill this one trounces the first edition...
  14. eclein

ShengYa A-206MK review

I saw the review---awesome, awesome!!!!! Ed
  15. eclein

Tube DAC-09: Preamp VS DAC

Having the multiple outputs is a fantastic way to work a powered sub woofer into the mix. I swap between a T-amp with a sub output and a little 6 watt headphone amp with no sub out and use the DAC-09's Solid State output (just one is needed) to go to my powered sub it works great. I have been...
  16. eclein

A Thank You from Audiocircle!!

Gary has had some issues with his heart, in fact the issues have been plaguing him for awhile and its ll because of his house. Some kind of mold in the house caused the health issues so on top of trying to be home from the hospital and stay stable he has to move...check out audiocircle.com in...
  17. eclein

My Negative Experince with Grant Fidelity

I'll take it....seriously, Grant has done nothing but bend over backward for people and provide great customer service. I bought a $200 DAC from Grant and the followup and customer service was like I bought a $25,000 system. They have impeccable customer service-end of story. Again...I'll take...
  18. eclein

A Thank You from Audiocircle!!

Rachel & Ian I just wanted to thank you guys for pitching in to help our friend Gary Dodd at audiocircle. Your offer to me to use a B-283 in an auction to help raise money for this gentleman was truly an act of kindness so few of which we see anymore these days. I believe the gentleman that...
  19. eclein

Dac-09

I love my 5 star---RED---find a RED 5 Star if you can, makes your toes tingle!!!
  20. eclein

New arrival - Shuguang I-series integrated mini tube amp - everyone can afford them

So which one sounds best to you Pen Name?? I'm going to jump on one soon, don't think about the Watts I already worked that out...
  21. eclein

DAC-09 vs. Emotiva XDA-1 Mini-Review

I love my Tube DAC-09 its given me so many options along the way in this hobby. I bought it as a DAC because of price only--I'm disabled and on Social Security so money is always tight. Since I bought the Tube DAC and gotten deeper and deeper into this hobby I've begun to realize how valuable...
  22. eclein

Let's see your cans!

Modded SR60's bought used for $45 and everything else was free...so far..I put a thin layer of foam right behind the mesh screen and not interfering with the wood, very smooth...I'm shcoked actually sorta made these they sound so nice.
  23. eclein

New Cans...Grado 325i or other?

I bought a pair of used SR60's a monthor so ago and found a thread at head-fi about modding them. A friend of mine who had a pair of SR125's and din't like them sent them to me and I modded them also with the same mods I di to the SR60's and when both were modded equally the same i couldn't tell...
  24. eclein

Modding Grado headphones..its easy and effective

When you take the cups apart heat the area at the cap end the most, it appears that Grado's method of gluing in the screen with the button logo also holds the plastic driver tray into the shell so concentrate the heat there and then start pulling...it takes some heat but if your careful and...
  25. eclein

Modding Grado headphones..its easy and effective

Nope..the screen mesh was installed by the guy who did the shells...looks like a 58 though. I wish you guys could hear these babies...wow.
Back
Top Bottom