1. crazy-in-az

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Aztec Camera- High Land, Hard Rain
  2. crazy-in-az

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Hot Tuna
  3. crazy-in-az

Pics of your listening space

Nice looking room! Also, nice looking train. Is that a German beer train, possibly a Roco?
  4. crazy-in-az

Extreme lack of volume with Turntable?

Do you have the ground wire attached correctly?
  5. crazy-in-az

Infinity Alpha 50?

I agree, that small flaw probably doesn't effect the woofer's performance. Do they come with grills? If they do just run them with the grill on so you don't have to see it.
  6. crazy-in-az

Help with dead tweeter- Audax/Mission

Yeah that's it. The replacements at Madisound have specs that are very close, just slightly higher sensitivity (90dB vs 88.5dB)- https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/audax-soft-dome-tweeters/audax-tw025a0-1-textile-dome-tweeter-by-aac/ I'll get in touch with them and see what they recommend.
  7. crazy-in-az

Help with dead tweeter- Audax/Mission

So I bought a decent pair of Mission 717's for $20 yesterday, and I discovered one tweeter is blown. I tried all the tests- running speaker wire directly to the tweeter, replacing the fuse, removing from the speaker and testing it with a multimeter- and I get absolutely no sound at all. The...
  8. crazy-in-az

Gorge Hawthorne Electronics speakers.

No clue, but those are all Philips drivers so they should be pretty nice. You can remove the woofer if you want a look inside.
  9. crazy-in-az

So he says, I was using my Crosley to listen to some vinyls.

I think we all need to take a deep breath, go place your favorite flat black disc on the spinny thingy, turn the knob on the volume controller, and listen to the noise coming from the sound boxes.
  10. crazy-in-az

DCM Speaker ID?

Those are either DCM 10a or 12a.
  11. crazy-in-az

Which sub I should keep?

Currently using two ported subs, they work just fine for home theater or music. Is there any way you can keep both? Using multiple, correctly set up subwoofers helps to even out bass response in the room and can sound really good.
  12. crazy-in-az

Seeking Recommendations - Warm/Non-Fatiguing Speakers

If you have space for towers, I'd take a look at Vandersteen Model 1's. The are smooth and non-fatiguing even after hours of listening.
  13. crazy-in-az

Canton CT-100 HELP

If you go to his website it says he's on vacation from December 15th to February 15th. That might explain your lack of communication.
  14. crazy-in-az

Speaker Crossover Components

Most electronic components are measured within a few percent. The best ones are close to 1% tolerance, while the average components are usually around 5%. I have used capacitors that were within a couple of percent in my projects with no problems. You should be fine.
  15. crazy-in-az

Infinity Center Speaker

Welcome to AK! Do you have a picture of the hole in the speaker? It may be repairable with a little DIY.
  16. crazy-in-az

Help identifying electrovoice woofer.

They look like one of many DL15 variants- Are the surrounds half-roll or accordion?
  17. crazy-in-az

Can homemade speakers be any good?

Fwiw, that is a Philips woofer, you can tell by the typeface on the magnet.
  18. crazy-in-az

Help me find this poster...

I almost forgot about this! No I never found one...
  19. crazy-in-az

Gooood sounding computer speakers for under $400?

Edifier makes some good computer/powered speakers for under $400. Try amazon
  20. crazy-in-az

Your Pick: Best Album front to back with no filler

Another good one....
  21. crazy-in-az

JAMO 130T Speakers

While I have no experience with that particular model, I did have a lower end Jamo speaker with the crossover components glued to each driver instead of being mounted on a separate board. It's pretty common amongst many lower-end speakers.
  22. crazy-in-az

Yamaha NS 5 (not the NS-5, no dash) driver identification?

Nope, those drivers are all correct per a Google image search of "Yamaha NS5".
Back
Top Bottom