Search results

1. H

Significance of Test Tone Level

nanowebers is the term, IIRC.
  2. H

Pioneer RT-701

Ordered one from WJOE... it's on its way! Thanks!!
  3. H

Pioneer RT-701

Wow. I hope Terry fully recovers. And I'm hip to the other roller being plastic. Any ideas on a belt? According to my notes, it is a SCY11.7
  4. H

Pioneer RT-701

Thank you! Does anyone have a source for a counter belt? Or rollers? I had Terrry's Rubber Rollers redo this one and two on an Akai cassette deck about ten years ago and they are developing cracks. They still work OK but I feel it's just a matter of time.
  5. H

Pioneer RT-701

I did microscopically clean the heads and it DID help. I was able to ascertain which circuit board was the playback circuit, adjusted the EQ and level pots and made a major improvement! The right channel is a couple dB lower on the extreme high end, but I can't hear that anyway... Thanks for...
  6. H

Pioneer RT-701

I have one I've had for some time. It has developed an audio issue as in it has lost all high end over 4k. The head is in god shape (as is the alignment tape). I can only find a partial service manual on the 'net. I suspect bad capacitors but a schematic, etc. would sure make life easier. Any...
  7. H

Ikegami monitor HTM2005R

I have one of these here at work (A TV station) and it has vertical problems (I think). I acquired the schematic and replaced several capacitors around the vertical circuit. No improvement. Has anyone seen a similar problem? Is this something other than vertical? I'm stumped.
  8. H

Denon DCM-290 problems

Again, if anyone needs one of the BA chips, I'll send you one for postage. The 5v regulators that die are available at Radio Shack for $1.99.
  9. H

Denon DCM-290 problems

Look on the right side of the main schematic (page 41). See the four power supply diodes? Look at the wire above where it says "C-19". The input to IC-01 is VCC. IC-01 is the 5v regulator that I replaced in two 290's.
  10. H

Denon DCM-290 problems

I also had a 280 to repair. Totally different circuit. That one had a bad laser.
  11. H

Denon DCM-290 problems

The schematic is on line for free. The 5v regulator has a 100uf cap on it, as does the 3.3v regulator. Both caps go to ground. The 8v regulator has a 220uf to ground. They are C5, C7 and C8 in order.
  12. H

Denon DCM-290 problems

I sent off for six BA chips but I won't need them all. If one of you wants one, I'll send you one for postage. Think I've found the problem. The 5v regulator is not stable. When one of my 290's started acting up and started having very intermittent audio, I hit the regulator with freeze mist...
  13. H

Denon DCM-290 problems

Checked the regulators and they seem fine. I don't have the schematic in front of me but there is +/- 8v (8.10) and 12v. Probably one other, but I don't recall.
  14. H

Denon DCM-290 problems

This player is used in a school and most likely was left on, if not run, 24/7. One can see overheating marks on the circuit board under the BA chip, but the power supply regulators are actually mounted on decent heat sinks. I'll check the voltage difference and also 'scope the 8v supply.
  15. H

Denon DCM-290 problems

The 290 I am working on is so very similar. Player plays the first few cuts on a CD but gradually "loses it" on the last cut or so and then quits. The BA chip gets too hot to touch. The heat sink is poorly mounted on the top, BTW. If you let the deck cool down, it does the same thing all over...
  16. H

Denon DCM-290 problems

Gosh, I wish he had gone ahead and finished the repair. I have a few DCM-2X0 machines, all with similar problems. They really are crappy players...
  17. H

Sony MDR-V7 question

I agree on the Beyer pads and will order some this week!
  18. H

Sony MDR-V7 question

Disappointed there was no response about the 7506's... The only real difference between my V6 and V7 headphones is that the V7 has a straight cord.
  19. H

Sony MDR-V7 question

Over the years, I have acquired three sets of Sony headphones, MDR-V6, MDR-V7 and MDR-7506. They all need repair. I have exploded views/parts lists for the 6 and 7, but not for the 7506. Anyone have one they'd like to share? I'll share mine, and I also have exploded views for the V600 and 7504...
  20. H

KLH Model 21 knobs

I have a Model 21 with the usual broken knobs. I have all the knobs and all the pieces, and was wondering what the preferred repair method is. Plas-T-Pair or something else? Also, has anyone come up with a replacement knob??
  21. H

Need help with some theory

At least I have a leg to stand on... Any suggestions as to the size of the cap?
  22. H

As I have discovered... As these ceramic filters have three legs, how would I properly eliminate one?
  23. H

Sony SRF-A100 - worth it?

I have one I bought new way back when and really like it! The performance on AM is quite good with good agc. If you are fortunate enough to have AM Stereo to listen to, they decode it well. The small, closely-spaced speakers won't let you enjoy the full effect, though. Also, there can be a fair...
  24. H

My 10-year old Lexus SUV has a decent radio but the AM section is very narrow band. It uses ceramic filters between IF stages; the IF stages are part of an AM-FM tuner/radio chip. I tried bridging each filter with a 500 pf capacitor in a (misguided?) effort to open up the AM section some. When I...
  25. H

Did you ever get a CR-440 manual? I have one for my fine ol' box... Did you gut that Yamaha I...

Did you ever get a CR-440 manual? I have one for my fine ol' box... Did you gut that Yamaha I sent you with the unobtanium drivers> Have a great 2011, Phil
Back
Top Bottom