Search results

1. TomRoggeWare

Best Vintage Preamp

I am happy with my Yamaha C-1 pre-amp. Only drawback is a defective phono which is difficult to repair because of unobtainable parts. Looking for a extra Audio Research pre. Many controls/knobs is a must-have. Second favorite which I do not have nor ever have heard is the Sansui CA-3000.
  2. TomRoggeWare

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Great but delicate machine. I bought this model new in 1983 and still use it.
  3. TomRoggeWare

What is a good Yamaha turntable to get?

YP-D6. Hm. I would not aim for the YP-D6. In the late seventies I bought one when it came on the European market. This model has Yamaha looks but lacks impressive build and tonal quality. Be patient and wait for another model.
  4. TomRoggeWare

Thank you Yamaha!! New T-S1000 Tuner!!

Available in The Netherlands. This model is available in The Netherlands for about €500. I doubt if this is a real high-end tuner. So far I found no serious reviews.
  5. TomRoggeWare

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Men at Work Here's my favorite deck, the Tascam BR20. I was busy splicing tape.
  6. TomRoggeWare

Yamaha CT-7000 Powersupply modification

I recently purchased a CT-7000. One of the items I always wanted to have. I knew about one of the problems with this model: The heat generated by the TIP transistors in the powersupply. The model I bought has undergone a modifcation. The TIP41C's are moved to the chassis. Now part of the...
  7. TomRoggeWare

Greetings from Amsterdam

Hi, subscribed just a couple of days ago. There's a lot of good stuff on this forum. I am preparing a powersupply recap of my Yamaha C-1 and I am pleased to find a lot of valuable about recapping and capacitors here.
  8. TomRoggeWare

What speaker and amplifier pairs have you found to have great synergy?

Stax DA-100M with Yamaha NS-1000M Years ago I connected just for fun my Stax DA-100M power amplifiers to a set of Yamaha NS-1000M and was rather surprised. I loved the combination and they are still connected to each other.
Back
Top Bottom