bose 901

1. S

Bose 901 VI Equalizer Question

Hey folks, Short and simple - I picked up an old pair of Bose 901 VI speakers with accompanying equalizer from an old friend who hasn't touched them in decades. The speakers connect and work fine, but with this receiver I don't seem to have the correct Tape or Pre-Amp connections to work the...
  2. Southbus

Migrating from AU717 to BA-F1 combo

Hi Folks, First of all, I want to thank you for the possibility of joining this prestigious forum. For about 15 years, I have had a Sansui AU 717 amplifier powering Bose 901 series 4 speakers. Very happy with my team but always wanting a little more definition and power for those hungry 901s...
  3. M

DAC for Vintage SX-1250

I'm looking for a DAC or AVR that is suitable for a large vintage receiver. I'm going to be hooking the SX-1250 up to a newer set of Bose 901s. The ideal DAC would have bluetooth/streaming connectivity, an optical in that can connect to a TV for other integrations like an Apple TV and a remote...
  4. L

My expectations Bose 901 and setup

I’ve had a pair of 901s for many years powered by my Pioneer sx950. I have the equalizer connected correct via manual instructions and it sounds decent. But like they say dissatisfied with lows and highs. I must’ve been drinking when I decided to buy a Pioneer 3 way crossover just...
  5. frankphotog

Receiver / Amplifier Volume Issue

I’m not completely new to building my vintage stereo, but have an issue I’ve had trouble solving. I have a Sherwood 7100a receiver, connected to a Crown DC300a power amplifier running a set of Bose 901 Series VI speakers. Everything works well, but I’m unable to control any volume on the...
  6. S

BOSE 901 issue need help please....

realizing my old 901's pretty old technology, but have them hooked up to a new turntable and new Yamaha receiver (with a new Bose active equalizer) and can't get sound to play. If you turn volume way way way up (several turns) you can hear small sound only. Need help please
  7. ToastedMaple

BOSE 901 EQ Restoration

Good Day Fellow AK Members Recently, Leestereo completed restoration of my Marantz 2270. Success of this project prompted me to revive a project to restore the Equalizer for my beloved 901 Series II. I have three, sets of 901's. Pity me if you must. The active set have the Walnut Facing kit for...
  8. S

Bose 901 With Yamaha A-S801

All: Have a question. Came across a great deal on a Yamaha A-S801 that i'm looking to add to my current setup. I've been sampling a bunch of older speakers recently, and my current test dummy are the bose 901's. That said, they use the bose equalizer that is intended to be used in the Tape...
  9. Jim Lyons

Right Speakers for Restored SX-1250

I have been trying to find a match for my restored Pioneer SX-1250. My memories of the original Large Advent Speakers is what I am looking for. I remember listening to "The Band" second abum on these, and the bass response and overall clarity was amazing. I used to also have Bose 901's around...
  10. Ibemiked

Bose 901 Haters Debunked!

I just got back my Bose 901 Series II Eq from the tech! Luxman C-1010 control center Technics SH-8055 EQ Denon DRA-435R Receiver Sony CA7ES cd Technics SL-QX300 Turntable QSC 1400 Amp I have all components fed to Luxman out to Technics EQ to Denon receiver. The Denon is powering a pair of...
  11. D

Best Most Affordable Vintage Receiver for Bose 901's

Hi. I am new to this, so please be patient. I purchased a really nice pair of Series IV Bose 901's with the chrome tulip stands and the correct equalizer. I'm looking for a vintage/period receiver (preferably something with a wood case or veneer) to power it. I also don't want to spend a fortune...
  12. K

New to Bose 901 IV - needed amp and equalizer help!

I have a few questions regarding Bose 901 IV and a Technics SU- V4K stereo integratesd amplifier. I was gifted these items from my father. They have been stored in a cool dry basement for quite some time. The amplifier has what appears to be a crackly input selector switch. Sometimes it doesn’t...
  13. M

Hi audiophiles and hifi enthusiasts!

I just joined today because I purchased a set of Bose 901 MK IV and a Bose 551 Spatial Control Receiver. I'm a long-time electronics tech having worked on analog electronics and more modern digital audio, video and camera systems until 2001 when I switched over to media production. I now work in...
  14. J

Bose 901's, are they worth it?

Hey people, I recently came across a pair of bose 901 series 2 for £145 without the grills, stands or active equaliser. Are they worth buying? I desire some more novel speakers, under £200. Regards, jimmy
  15. plschles

Bose 901 Continental Series in White?

my uncle gave me a pair of Bose 901 continental series speakers with equalizer in white. Can’t find anything on web as to whether this is a rare set or not. Any Bose owners out there?
  16. n0exit

Bose 901 Series II: pop when powered on

I just picked up a pair of Bose 901 Series II with equalizer, and when I hook them up to my NAD 3140, I get a loud pop when I turn everything on. I recapped the NAD a couple years ago, and it doesn't pop with my KLH Model 3s. Is it safe to say that the Bose equalizer is the culprit? The...
  17. G

A few questions about amplifier & Bose 901 speakers

Hello, fellow members! I have a few questions about my Bose 901 series IV and SONY entry-level integrated amp STR-DH 130, 100 wpc. I'd really appreciate if someone can give me good advice. I believe my Bose 901 with equalizer have blown up my NAD 3020 and a SONY higher-end integrated amps...
  18. H

Bose 901 series 1 grille re-cover

i came across some Bose 901 series i, with stands, no eq, while walking the dog a while back. A little water damage and dinged corners, but all drivers worked--sanding and patching with Mohawk epoxy stick had them looking reasonable. The grilles looked pretty rough, and I tore them up pretty...
  19. bandwagoner

Need a pre-amp for home setup with Bryston 4B/Bose 901's?

Hi Everyone, My main stereo system includes: a pair of Bose 901's Series VI Bryston 4B amp Harmon/Kardon AVR 20 used as a pre My situation is that I was looking for a vintage receiver for my mom to throw her Pioneer SP-BS22 bookshelves on, and I quickly realized that I should just give her...
  20. Kingpin5

Bose 901 Series V without equalizer

OK, I've been watching out for some 901s. From what I've read and based on looks they are pretty good speakers. NOW, I seem to have read that the early 901 series have to have the equalizers. Is that true for Series V? or is it true for ALL 901s and do you have to have a Bose equalizer to...
  21. Rickster101

What to pair with bose 901's?

I'm looking for a pair of speakers to pair with a set of bose 901's to add some bass to the equation. Gotta have a similar efficiently ratting. I was looking into maybe klipsh... any suggestions or advice welcome. Oh btw I'm powering the setup with a pioneer sx-1980.
  22. A

Bose 901 problem repair.

Hi guys, i have a pair of series vi bose 901,and one of them have a problem, it seems is the speaker terminal problem which can make the sound of all driver becomes crap and boomy sound. does anyone know how to tear the speaker terminal out and how to change it?of couse if can, i want change the...
  23. dyche01

Coffehouse audio

If I said that I saw a McIntosh in the local coffee house you might roll your eyes and say, "Well of course you saw a Macintosh. Every coffeehouse in the world is full of hipsters on MacBooks, writing sector-disrupting apps for the iPhone and updating their tumbler blogs." But what if I said I...
  24. jberger

To seal or not to seal...that is the question!

I have a set of Bose 901 II's that I'm bringing back to life (mostly cosmetic). These have the Bose drivers with cloth surrounds, so I don't have "foam rot" on 18 drivers. However, I've noticed that (to my eyes, at least) that the doping on the cloth may not be providing a good seal. I have...
  25. A

High current amplifier

Hi everyone,been search amplifier type a while and saw a type of amplifier is high current amplifier which can delivered about +/-70 amps like harman kardon,rotel.I now using a bose 901 and thinking to upgrade it,(bose basher stay away,sorry)is the high current amp only recommended for low ohm...
Back
Top Bottom