♫♫ April 2nd 2022 spring FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA. ♫♫

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
We're all set for the next FrankenFest on April 2nd 2022.

We had about 60 attendees at the last event - which I thought was perfect for our first event in the "new era".
This time around I'd like to encourage everyone to spread the word. Hopefully we'll see some new faces which will help the sales.

For subscribers here's the Barter Town for sale thread:
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/♫♫-april-2nd-2022-spring-frankenfest-west-boylston-ma-for-sale-thread-♫♫.987410/

It would also be great if some folks could step forward and put on some seminars.
It doesn't have to be anything fancy - things like turntable setup, building cables, explaining streaming would be just perfect.

EDIT:
The mask mandate in West Boylston has lifted:
https://www.westboylston-ma.gov/home/news/mask-mandate-update-2-10-2022

Here is the "for Sale / Trade" thread for AK subscribers:

Bill aka SpikeDart is our local liaison and he'll be keeping an eye on the local situation.

Once again we are renting the Masonic Lodge. It's a really cool venue with plenty of parking.

Address:
12 Church Street
West Boylston, MA 01583

We have the facility all day so the doors will be open at 10 AM for setup and we’ll wrap it all up by 5PM.

Obviously, we’ll be asking people to stay and clean up any mess.

Admission will be once again be a paltry $5 each - if you’re bringing along disinterested people (kids or significant others) they’ll be free - but anything you can contribute will certainly be appreciated.

You should enter through the front door and pay your admission fee after which you can use the side doors to bring in treasures for sale in the lower level function room.

There is parking in the side lot, on the street and in the field behind the building (if it's wet we'll need to take that into account.
We'll want to minimize on street parking so as to not upset the neighbors - but we can use what we need as necessary.

The upper level auditorium area will be used for auditioning systems.
There is also a medium sized and smaller side room that can be used for auditioning systems.

The lower level will be used for selling and there’s a kitchen area.

There are a limited number of tables - if you partake of them only take one - if you can you should bring your own as well.

Note - at he last event we had a vendor that refused to wear the mandated mask. In the unlikely event that masks are required that person will be asked to set up outside - we can't afford to get into trouble with our host.

There are a limited number of power outlets - if you need power for a system bring extra extension cords and power strips.

Appropriate snacks/drinks are of course appreciated.
Beer should be OK in moderation - but this hasn’t been an issue in the past and most of us are driving a fair distance so it’s best to watch your consumption.

Of course no smoking inside the facility.

index.php

Last edited:
Bring your friends!
Bringing any giant speakers?
I sold the XRTs, as well as most of my other speakers… For now I plan on bringing my Kyocera A-910, granted I finish the restoration in time. As for speakers… I’ll see what I can pull out of my hat ;)

I will try to be there, for sure! I will have at least two speakers that I designed and built. And I will have a fantastic new amp, the AkitikA GT-102 Z4. It is the best amp that I have ever heard, period.
IMG_20220125_130218.jpg
The one on the left, I am calling MLTL-6 Dome (mass loaded transmission line, 6" woofer and 1" dome tweeter). The ones on the right are the first I built, and I call them MLTL-11 - because they "go to 11" on sound quality. :) They use an 8" Dayton Audio woofer (don't judge me!) and the phenomenal Linaeum TLS midrange/tweeter.

I may also have a second pair of the MLTL-6 that will have the same dipole "double bum" tweeter, made by Radio Shack on license from Linaeum - that was on the MLTL-10 speakers I had with me at Frankenfest last year. So I think it will be called the MLTL-6 Dipole? I may have news about a flat pack being available for the MLTL-6 Dome, as well.

This is the MLTL-6 cabinet:
IMG_20220122_112948.jpg
Bass extends down to about 32Hz. The SB Acoustics drivers are both outstanding, in my opinion.

I will try to be there, for sure! I will have at least two speakers that I designed and built. And I will have a fantastic new amp, the AkitikA GT-102 Z4. It is the best amp that I have ever heard, period.
View attachment 2480421
The one on the left, I am calling MLTL-6 Dome (mass loaded transmission line, 6" woofer and 1" dome tweeter). The ones on the right are the first I built, and I call them MLTL-11 - because they "go to 11" on sound quality. :) They use an 8" Dayton Audio woofer (don't judge me!) and the phenomenal Linaeum TLS midrange/tweeter.

I may also have a second pair of the MLTL-6 that will have the same dipole "double bum" tweeter, made by Radio Shack on license from Linaeum - that was on the MLTL-10 speakers I had with me at Frankenfest last year. So I think it will be called the MLTL-6 Dipole? I may have news about a flat pack being available for the MLTL-6 Dome, as well.

This is the MLTL-6 cabinet:
View attachment 2480423
Bass extends down to about 32Hz. The SB Acoustics drivers are both outstanding, in my opinion.
Nice work all around! Looking forward to hearing them.

Posted this in the BT thread:

Offering up for sale, $$ TBD

Harman Kardon A250 Epic integrated amp with HK F250 Lyric FM tuner. Excellent condition.

Full Realistic tube system from the late 50s: StereoLyne 40 integrated amp, StereoLyne AM/FM tuner, Delta 12 speakers. Excellent condition.

ADS L420 bookshelf speakers. Excellent condition.

Quart 350 S floor standing speakers. Excellent condition.

JBL 4311B, in the process of being restored. Not recapped. I don't think they need it, but will recap if a buyer is interested.

Custom mahogany cabinets (Robbins-Joseph speaker enclosure) from Able Wood of Brooklyn with University UXC-122 drivers.

If all works out I’ll be there! Hoping to bring down my Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures to audition along with a few other goodies.

We just got a snow dump, but would you believe wer’re only 5 weeks from our next event?!

Start spreading the word on the other audio forums and non AKers you’ve sold gear to.
mWorcester dropped their Mask mandate so we are hoping West Boylston will soon follow.

We just got a snow dump, but would you believe wer’re only 5 weeks from our next event?!

Denver's Vintage Voltage is likely happening on March 20th - finally - although that's also the first day of spring, so here in the Rockies that usually means it's 50/50 we could get a blizzard!

Good luck!

w1Jim I know people who sell records is there room for them? What would it cost them to setup and sell?
Yes, we could find someplace to put them.
Entry is $5 but if they were successful in selling we would expect them to make a significant contribution - say around 10% of their gross.

I'm thinking they would bring in more people looking for gear, especially turntables and receivers. We would have to advertise at their records meets to get the word out. I'm talking about the independent record guys. I'll ask around.

Back
Top Bottom