♫ Post Pandemic FrankenFest is on in West Boylston, MA - Saturday October 23, 2021 ♫

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
Let's try this again - I've secured the Masonic Lodge for October 23rd, 2021 for our next - post pandemic - event.

No sense trying to predict what safeguards or procedures we'll have to use as these are evolving, just suffice to say that the organizing group is optimistic that we can resume events.

Here is the "for Sale / Trade" thread for AK subscribers:
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...oylston-ma-for-sale-swap-trade-thread.969532/

Thanks to Bill aka SpikeDart who found us the site and is our local liaison.

We are renting the Masonic Lodge - which is a converted church - This location will only be a few minutes further for folks driving from the masspike.

Address:

12 Church Street
West Boylston, MA 01583

We have the facility all day so the doors will be open at 10 AM for setup and we’ll wrap it all up by 5PM.

Obviously, we’ll be asking people to stay and clean up any mess - we want to be invited back!

This is a much larger and nicer space than what we’ve been using most recently in Sutton and it has a variety of areas that can be used for selling and auditioning systems.

Admission will be once again be a paltry $5 each - if you’re bringing along disinterested people (kids or significant others) they’ll be free - but anything you can contribute will certainly be appreciated.

You should enter through the front door and pay your admission fee after which you can use the side doors to bring in treasures for sale in the lower level function room.

There is parking in the side lot, on the street and in the field behind the building.
We'll want to minimize on street parking so as to not upset the neighbors - but we can use what we need as necessary.

The upper level auditorium area will be used for auditioning systems.
There is also a medium sized and smaller side room that can be used for auditioning systems.

The lower level will be used for selling and there’s a kitchen area.

There are a limited number of tables - if you partake of them only take one - if you can you should bring your own as well.

There are a limited number of power outlets - if you need power for a system bring extra extension cords and power strips.

Everyone should bring some appropriate snacks/drinks.
Beer should be OK in moderation - but this hasn’t been an issue in the past and most of us are driving a fair distance so it’s best to watch your consumption.

Of course no smoking inside the facility.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:
little more info in addition to Jim's post which I just found, although we have been texting all day:

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?conversations/frankenfest-thoughts.982803/page-3

Post Pandemic FrankenFest - think October 23, 2021 in West Boylston, MA.

Bills comments:

We have the entire day. I would suggest folks load their systems upstairs, and buy, sell, trade, drink, eat, down in the kitchen. We can use anything in the lodge as long as we clean up like the excellent people that we are.
More information to come as the day arrives.

The destination is 12 Church St. West Boylston, MA 01583. 10 Minutes south from where Frank and Jim held the original Fests.
Depending on which direction you are coming from, understand Church St. is now a 1-way street but there is a lot of parking at the Lodge and parking on the street is allowed.

Upstairs is a very "dead" location; ideal for people to play music. Downstairs is your basic, large, but fully equipped kitchen with lots of space but too live to play music. Full kitchen for those inclined to cook, and hopefully the outside grill will work this year...

So to get into the lower "kitchen" you will have to come in through the side entrance at the parking lot, and there are steps which bring you down or up to the "sound room". I am sure I can get the front doors open so we can bring your listening systems up the street facing entrance with a minimum of trouble.

We are hungry for this, are we not? I look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones and I know Jim is rowing on the other side of the boat with me on this. Keep posting this to others not on this list and tell your friends who are like-minded. Keep the faith and bring those who wear wireless earbuds from their iPad as well.

Converts are always welcome.

Last edited:
Maybe I can finally be motivated to finish my receiver rebuild. Eight months is about my time frame these days.

Be there! or wait another 5 months...
Thanks to J1m and Deli for designing last years shirts. We are working on new ones for October.

Damn happy to hear we're coming back from the (cough, wheeze, hack, nose blow) near dead!

Not trying to take away from the Frankenfest. More like trying to wet the lips of barter, swaps, fleas, commerce and all things fun about our interests;
I'd like to point out there will be a Vintage Electronics Flea Market this Saturday in Brookline N.H. 03033.
It's put on by the New England Vintage Electronics Club.
Show starts at 7:30am
For more info see: http://nevec.org

Again, Not trying to take away anything from Audiokarma or Frankenfest just trying to get the juices flowing to get back in the happy place!

Techfixer

Attachments

• 00a0a_141f34eCS5Lz_0bt0ff_600x450.jpg
    00a0a_141f34eCS5Lz_0bt0ff_600x450.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 17
Crossing my fingers! Hopefully there aren't any houses too close by, 'cause I figure we're gonna have to rock three times as hard to make up for the missed shows! :rockon: Hope to see everyone there!
-Adam

I sure hope you make it. In spite of the rough end of the wood-shop, you were there with me at his house and I respect you and hope you can come, my friend. We can rock as loud as we want!

Keep this rolling, folks. To anyone and everyone you know that has the least bit of interest in what we are about. My sons came to a Fest 10 years ago and my oldest was inspired to become a recording engineer, and he is also a guitarist.

Back
Top Bottom