2011 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

I just received another gift that I think is from my secret santa. It was sent from my favorite restaurant, a T-shirt (in the color I didn't have) and a gift certificate. I have no idea how they know, I think that it is probably mentioned in two posts, or .0149% of them.

I didn't know that McDonalds had T-shirts. :D

Thanks Secret Santa for the 2 very nice LP's from Soundstage direct. Haven't played them yet but maybe tonight.
You nailed my music taste..
Thanks so much!!!!
James

I got a very generous e-Gift Card to Soundstage Direct! Was able to pick up a couple of records that have been in the "Wishlist" for a while! Thanks Santa!

I think it's because Santa knows you have been naughty. Besides, you got a real nice early Christmas present back in July. :D

I got one back in October...sure, it cost me money, but picking up those Moto console amps for the price I did is a gift in itself. :)

I'm still waiting too, so don't feel bad.

I'm with you dude - still waiting for my SS gift. BUT my wife did say for sure she knew I was on the Naughty List and I wonder if the Big Guy in the red suit shares that with Secret Santas :scratch2: If he does I may not get my gift until June or July :nono:

Got what is apparently half of my present from Santa: A Soundstage Direct gift certificate! I'm thinking this will go toward the new Smile album by the Beach Boys.

Can't wait to see what the second part is.

Thanks Santa!

Well, I arrived home today to find my SS gift awaiting me.

Anyway, my SS sent me a pair of chassis mount RCA plugs made by Cardas. They look like some VERY heavy duty plugs, and I'm not going to just use them on any project, they look and feel like the kind of thing I'll save for something special.

He also included some of Cardas' Quad-Eutectic solder. Now, honestly, I hadn't heard of this stuff before and I'm a bit excited to try it, but much like those RCA plugs, I'll be saving it for a project deserving of it...probably the same one I use the RCA plugs on...although I considered trying to mount them on my tube amps.

attachment.php

Now where'd i put that power drill again?

Also on the back of the envelope was an interesting illustration of a cat on top of a stereo.

attachment.php

I've yet to even start to figure out who my SS was...I'm sure the cat drawing is a big clue.

Thanks SS!

Attachments

• image201112230001.jpg
    image201112230001.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 146
  • image201112230002.jpg
    image201112230002.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 145
Received my Secret Santa gift Direct from the north pole Michigan. :D VERY cool collection of LP`s. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band: Will the Circle be Unbroken, Stephen Stills: Manassas. David Bromberg: How Let`ll Ya Play 'Til. Richard Thompson: Hand of Kindness, The Best of John Mayall, James Cotton Band: Pure Cotton. Son Seals: Bad Axe, Bonnie Raitt: Takin my Time.
Very cool !! Hmm from Warren Michigan.........:scratch2:

Received my Secret Santa gift today, actually, my "Kris Kringle Incognito" gift. :D

Got a $25 Visa gift card and a very interesting Pink Floyd London 66-67 CD

Pink%20Floyd%20-%20London%2066%2067-Front.jpg

Thanks ever so much Kris Kringle Incognito!

Scott

Wow. I remember seeing some footage in a doco of this concert. John Lennon was there fully trippin'. Great gift!

Here is me striking a silly pose in my new Mr. Gyro's shirt.
photo.JPG

No idea why this is rotated, it wasn't when I uploaded it...

Santa must have been watching...

Secret Santa hit a home run! I had been using, or at least trying to use, a 30 year old record cleaning brush with worn and flattened fibers. It really wasn't working so good. So SS brought me a new one -- and an outstanding record to go with it! I listened to the record once last night but I will be listening again tomorrow. It is really good! I will be putting that record cleaner to good use too.

Thank you Secret Santa! Well done!

Attachments

• IMG_0478 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0478 (Medium).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 35
I received a box yesterday, filled with styrofoam packing peanuts. Wasn't even sure there was anything in it till I dug in a bit and pulled out a pair of little rectangular boxes with Telefunken Rib ECC83/12AX7 written on them. They rolled themselves right into service.

Thanks again Marc

Back
Top Bottom