2012 Secret Santa delivers -- The Official "What'd'ya get?" thread

I initially posted the wrong gift... Got it mixed-up with something else; very sorry about that.

The real gift was a gift card from from SoundStage Direct. "Frank Sinatra at the Sands" on 180 gram vinyl is on the way! Thank you Dave!!

Last edited:
While I TRULY, TRULY appreciated my gifts, they weren't anything I could really use..But I am on ANOTHER chat site, the R-390A line,& its FULL of hams..Struck up a friendship w/a guy in Washington state, HE could use them, & is a collector of test equipment any way, so I sent 'em to him..Hey, its "Karma", he wrote me back that he got the stuff in 1st of the week, & was tickled pink...I KEPT the 1950 Allied Radio catalog, Makes me long for the Good Ol' Days...A Hallicrafters SX-62 was $279.95...That's about what a GOOD one of those-Unrestored & needing the inevitable re-capping-will go for today. I Think I gave $275 for mine, several yrs back, & of course, I had to take it to Terry.. The SX-62 was Hallicrafters' TOTL in '50...It even picked up to 109 MC, the newfangled FM band, & has 6V6 output..You know, I have found from my nearly 10 years here, & 15 on the R-390 line, that "Audio People" usually are NOT jealous when someone makes a score, we have an "All for one,One for all" attitude...I may NEVER have a G-33k or SX-1980, but I'm ALWAYS happy for the guy who DOES score one on here...Does that make sense ?

I received a very thoughtful gift from Santa. A custom made etched glass piece on a timber base. My Santa must have known I'm a bit of a Yamaha tragic. It's very nice. Thank you so much!!!

Picture017_zpsc5c0325d.jpg

Well, got a mysterious package in the mail today. It was a 180 gram vinyl of ZZ Top - La Futura. Thanks Santa! This could be just what I need to start getting into vinyl for my first time.

Cheers,
Steven

Update on my post above-The guy I sent part of my stuff to sent me back a rather obscure & rare item-A splined tuning knob for an ARC-5 Command Set-a WW2 aircraft radio. There were SEVERAL versions of these things, w/different frequency ranges. The one I have is a rare AM, or BCB band version. You cannot change the frequency on one of these things w/o one of these little gizmos-And 70 years down the road, the once-plentiful supply of these whickerbills has long since dried up. I sent him something he liked & wanted, I got something I needed in return...You NEVER turn down seemingly useless stuff-What's one guys trash may literally be another guy's treasure...And the good KARMA keeps rollin' on !

Got my gift today from Maine,at least thats what I think it said.A 10 inch picture disc from Tron Legacy,featuring Daft Punk.And an album,Talahassee by The Mountain Goats.I cant wait to play the album,and frame the 10 inch!
Thank you,Secret Santa!
Jimmy

A 2nd set of Signs

I've been very slack, not posting this up until now. :nono: I really hope Santa forgives me. :yes:

I received these from Santa also. I'm a very spoilt boy! Thanks so much!!!

Picture001_zpse4a161e5.jpg

I'm sure it will be announced shortly!
Regards,
Jim

AK's Santa has been contacted! :^)
Regards,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom