2014 -- Secret Santa Delivers - The "What'd ya get?" thread

Thanks for posting. Sounds very cool.

As for expanding, it is exactly as big as the demand requires. I know I always have a great time with it, and I, too, would like to see it grow. I can run this equally well if there were ten times as many people in the group, and happy to do so.

I got mine. Week before Christmas. An issue if Road & Track from 1962 with a Sunbeam Le Mans on the cover, a sweet little pocket knife AND a set of banana plugs.

Thank you SS

Eric

Wasn't from me. My recipient probably already ate his with a bottle of his favorite red

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply!

I got my gift from eddantes well before Christmas, and we are still in exchange mode. Yuri obviously found some of my fetishes in searching the site as he sent me God Save The Kinks, and Vinyl Junkies. :)

img0.gif

vinyl-junkies-cover.jpg

We've talked a bit about music preferences since then and he sent me a "mixed tape" CD of covers he thought added something new to the originals. I've been remiss (super busy) and he has a couple of CDs in the mail back to him. :thmbsp:

I will admit it was harder to pin down what he likes from his posts, so I had to go the Gift Card route on the original gift, but then he asked me to suggest what he buy from his short list, so that personalized it somewhat.

Woot Woot!

My SS gift arrived today and it was more than worth the wait. Thank you so much whoever you are. I can see that it was sent by Grumpy, but I didn't think Dave was playing? So it's either from Dave or someone smart enough to get Dave to send them, and therefore making themselves untraceable.

I have neither of these albums nor any other albums from these artists, so they are brilliant examples that I have never come across in 20+ years of record collecting. Thanks again Secret Santa! I played the Sonny Clark record straight away before writing this post. It's brilliant.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Lee

Attachments

• 2015-01-05-616.jpg
    2015-01-05-616.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 2015-01-05-615.jpg
    2015-01-05-615.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 31
Lots of clever people join in for Secret Santa. I have acted as proxy for Santa a couple of times over the years.

Nice LPs! Enjoy them.

It appears Santa had some communication issues with an online vendor but he persevered and today, on the 12th day of Christmas (well, it's been 12 days anyway), I got a gift certificate for Newegg.com. I can think of about 1200 things I could use it on there and that's without concentrating hard. Thanks Santa!

Back
Top Bottom