202-R Arrived

$1.5K is crazy money for an AM-80 tuner. That seller is in dreamland (or should I say la la land?). I just sold mine for, I think, fifty bucks. It was missing the shield over the tuning condenser and missing two tubes, but otherwise complete and not working.

I have an R-200-B. I didn't pay anywhere near $400-500 for mine, and I wouldn't. Mine does have a broken ferrite rod because of an auction site seller not packing it well. That should be an interesting repair.

I missed high bid on an R-200-B about a year ago. Did get a TX-300 from the same seller but haven't had time to do much more than open it for a quick look. The original owner was deceased and had taken very good care of his equipment. Highly detailed notes on things that had been done over the years. The seller also unloaded a lot of test equipment. Unfortunately, most of it was just too old and obsolete for my consideration.

Just picked up a Fisher 300 unit for alignment work and had no idea you could use it as a low-power transmitter. Very creative! I have to get it going now.....

I've used my HP 8640b for this. I even found a DSP plugin for Winamp that would add in the proper pilot tones and such to broadcast a multiplex signal with an FM generator that has only a single external input jack. It worked pretty well once I fiddled around with the settings some. Haven't used it in a good while though.

Back
Top Bottom