Acoustic panels for first reflection points

2FarGone

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My rig is in a loft with a 10/12 ceiling pitch:

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/odeon-based-system.988073/

I would like to find some appropriate acoustic panels to treat the first reflection points; probably about 4’ X 6’ (multiple panels are okay), and no more than 2” in thickness due to headroom concerns. 1” would be preferable if it will perform adequately for this application. Custom artwork would be groovy. Are there any of you folks that have had actual experience with a supplier for this kind of product that you were very happy with?

TIA

These guys are pretty good with decent prices

https://www.acoustimac.com/acoustic-panels?campaignid=55757643&adgroupid=2158610283&creative=471033950767&matchtype=e&network=g&device=m&keyword=custom acoustic panels&gclid=Cj0KCQiAsdKbBhDHARIsANJ6-jdYlVQzEj1FB1PcPFMBCM7GE63Le-SCfYUgTCh_1fufU4RpzGz4-JkaAvN0EALw_wcB

I ended up making my own panels because I was able to get the fabric that matched the decor I wanted, was much less expensive also but if you don’t or can’t go the diy route there are some great acoustic panel companies like the one above.

P.S. I forgot to mention my brother had both his rooms done with the company I listed above and From personally seeing and hearing his rooms they are great quality and look very nice.

Audiofreak71

You have to be careful as a lot of your imaging is derived from these reflections. It's very easy to end up with a "too dead" room and you'll look around at all these fancy room treatments and think "well I did everything right what's wrong?"

You have to be careful as a lot of your imaging is derived from these reflections. It's very easy to end up with a "too dead" room and you'll look around at all these fancy room treatments and think "well I did everything right what's wrong?"

And that’s why it’s important to use dsp like REW Dirac Live etc to identify what’s going and and where in your room. My room did a 180 when it was calibrated and speakers and panels were positioned correctly, the sound is exceptional Imo.

Audiofreak71

It's easy to over-do it at high frequencies, not so easy to over-do it at mid frequencies, and difficult to do much at all at low frequencies.
As long as you don't go mad a few acoustic panels are unlikely to have a negative effect.

Back
Top Bottom