Advice needed on a schematic

Well, it was my first intention, scrap the intérieur get a tap board and restart but I can't get my hands on a el34+6sl7+5u4g schematic...
If you can point me in the right direction it would be really great.
The one you have for the circuit board looks like a good choice. Just do the small changes that have been previously recommended for the 6sl7. No need for a "tag" board . Layout the transformers , usually at the back row. Then the power tube sockets would be located in front of the output trannys, and the input/driver tube would be in front of the power tube. Adjust distance between sockets by the overall length of the coupling cap. With a circuit board, you can not play with any layout distances as your choices are fixed by the board.

Last edited:
Why don't you forego the pcb, and just wire up the unit by hand. It is much easier to follow the schematic via hardwiring the circuit. SE circuits are very simple in layout and you will wonder at the end about the need for a circuit board in the first place. Point to point wiring is usually better sounding and easier to trouble shoot and mod. I always draw the circuit out in my notebook by hand to give my brain a little better road map of things and to consult during construction. It is also the bases for keeping a log on the particular build and circuit.

Plus the point-to-point provides greater control of the careful routing for heaters (using twisted pair if AC), reducing noise, and keeping high-gain portions away from other noise sources.

It's not that the PCB generates noise, per se, it's that by closely together routing signals noise couples between circuits segments.

The same issue occurs in point-to-point if straight, i.e. non-twisted, runs of AC heater supply are run near to high-impedance and high-gain signal circuits.

For the 6sl7, the mods are one the white schematic What I would like to do is use el34 tubes
I don't see why the turquoise schematic doesn't meet all your requirements. It specifies 6SL7 tubes. It specifies EL34 tubes. The power supply voltages look correct for EL34 output tubes. It fixes the issues I think exist in the white schematic with the 6LS7 not being a great driver for the interstage coupling. What don't you like about the turquoise schematic?

It is not that I Don't like it It is that I am having a hard time transposing it to the white one. I will show it to an electronic tech to point out what I should change on the white one to meet the changes of the turquoise one.

Ok so I showed he schematics to an electronician. I only have a few resistors with different values. He pointed them out on the white schematic. I am good to go.
I will first start withe the pcb as I have it, I will test it and if I can learn enaught I may go with point to point il the case and keep the pcb for a futur kt88. But I also have my 300b project in parallel so kt88 will be for later

It is not that I Don't like it It is that I am having a hard time transposing it to the white one. I will show it to an electronic tech to point out what I should change on the white one to meet the changes of the turquoise one.
I'm confused. Why would there be any need to "transpose" anything? Just build the turquoise one and set the white one aside.

You mean the turquoise one as it is is a complete circuit?
If yes, what do you think about it? It looks quite simple, I could in fact go point to point with this

You mean the turquoise one as it is is a complete circuit?
If yes, what do you think about it? It looks quite simple, I could in fact go point to point with this
Yes, i think everyone was saying to just copy the 6sl7 circuit as designed. I have not tried this particular design, but i have seen it in different forms by other builders. Sometimes with different driver tube or different output tube and fixed bias, etc. It is a widely implemented design and you should be able to build it as drawn. SE circuits by virtue of their simplicity, less circuitry to degrade the signal, can sound more realistic. Small bits of recorded info that can enhance your listening experience.

Back
Top Bottom