Any audiophiles in the Rochester NY area?

I am one hour down the NYS thruway in Buffalo. I've actually been talking to a dealer in Rochester regarding my TT upgrade. If you are ever in the Buffalo area you should check out the upstairs of Speaker Shop which is about 5 minutes from my house and they have a $200,000 system up there that was running a pair of gorgeous Magicos powered by McIntosh MC2301s. It would be a must see stop if I hosted something in my area.

I am one hour down the NYS thruway in Buffalo. I've actually been talking to a dealer in Rochester regarding my TT upgrade. If you are ever in the Buffalo area you should check out the upstairs of Speaker Shop which is about 5 minutes from my house and they have a $200,000 system up there that was running a pair of gorgeous Magicos powered by McIntosh MC2301s. It would be a must see stop if I hosted something in my area.

Hey, whereabouts (slightly more specifically) are you, 04?

It sounds like I was right around the corner from you (moved about 45 minutes to an hour north last year).

GJ

Hey Man, im in Amherst NY which is also right near Speaker Shop. It would be fun to have some sort of meetup and I could probably host if needed, love demonstrating the system.

That would be great. I lived over on Getzville Rd. I’m up in the hinterlands now (near Ransomville/Youngstown/Wilson), but I still work down there.

There a few of us (one in Hamburg) who have been threatening to get together for too long...

GJ

I'm in Lockport (for a couple of more months, at least) and would attend a get together. I can't host as I am packing up stuff.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I normally get up to Rochester 4 or 5 times per year but this year I have a work event over Presidents' weekend and I'll be on a long vacation over the summer. Sooooo....I won't be up to Rochester again until probably next Christmas. That being said, I have a Record Archive $50 gift certificate that I will sell for $40 to anyone who wants it. I'm going to put it in BT in a moment, but wanted to make sure to drop a note here.

Would like to know if there are any audio groups in the Rochester NY area. With the winters up here I would expect there would be plenty of time to talk about this hobby.
Thanks Ed
Hello, I’m Steve and I’m from Albany NY, u r not that far, we’ll about 3 1/2 hours

Would like to know if there are any audio groups in the Rochester NY area. With the winters up here I would expect there would be plenty of time to talk about this hobby.
Thanks Ed

Looks like you have enough people to have a meet you should put it together, I am about 2 hours away but i would consider coming up for a meet.

I enjoyed the system, it was as if the band was right there live. Just amazing, the Magico speakers did me in. I am not easily impressed, but they were a 10+.

I miss the days of “kicking tires”. I had so many stores to visit, first off Dave at the SpeakerPlace in hennrietta, he was the best, his store always spelled like freshly cut particle board :0) Maynerds Sound World on state street was another early store to visit.
We had The Sound Chamber in buckmann’s plaze, JB sound in Greece and Monroe, Gala Sound with owner Jim Gala, The Sound Concept on monroe ave, TheSoundWorks. On Alexander st there was Paul Heath, Wow Paul was a hard sell, he went right for the jugular with his Lumley Tube amps and tall Merlins.
I didnt know Lance had brick and mortar i gotta set up an appointment just to catch up.

im now working with RS Media in monroe count, Jim previously from the SoundWorks/RowePhoto is the owner. We’re doing all things audio and video. After retiring from the County, i inquired if he needed a hand and that was a year and a half ago, i cant believe how much i “didnt” know about my life long hobby now 2nd career.

im interested in a get together in the rochester area, now with covid back in full swing maybe its just a good time to plan…

we can do a breakfast and then hit the Record Archive, then House of Guitars, my house is to small but if it were summer that would open up other possibilities :0)

for now go ahead and throw your name in, we can talk on the phone and start throwing ideas around !

David Hilton NY

I’m new to the forum but live in Spencerport about 15 mins west of downtown. Been having a fun time learning to repair amps lately (hifi, guitar/bass and pro audio). Would like to meet people with similar interests. I also miss the speaker place, had a lot of fun there with car audio stuff in the early 2000s.

Back
Top Bottom