Any Nikonese out there?

My first Nikon was an FM, then I bought the Nikon F3 HP, I still have it and use it. My first Digital camera was a Fuji S2 (Nikon body, Fuji brain), then D80, D200 and now a D600. As for Nikkor Glass, I have a nice collection of primes and several zooms including a 70-200mm f2.8 VRII. I love my Nikons :)

Last edited:
I had a Nikon D40x that I gave away after I got a D3200. I tried the Fuji Xpro1 for a while but although it’s a superb camera, I wasn’t comfortable with the menue system. The Nikon feels better to me. I traded my Xpro1 for a Nikon D7100 which I absolutely love!
I’ve been thinking of getting back to film cameras so next year I intend to get a Nikon FM2n chrome (aluminium?) version.

I have seven Nikon F's, a FM, a FE, and a Nikkormat EL. Also have a bunch of lenses. In all my life I have never used a F2 of F3.

Cary
Retired Industrial/Scientific Photographer
BFA Brooks Institute

Last edited:
I have and use an F100 regularly, with a lowly 50/1.8D that I like just fine with Ektar 100, Portra 400 and Ilford FP4+. I had an F2AS in high school, bought locally in Japan in the late '70s. I sort of want another F2 (or F6!), and an upcoming trip to Tokyo--visiting used camera stores there is going to be fun.

My only film SLR was a Nikon N60 (F60 outside the US). It was a pretty lousy camera in a lot of respects, but still I got some good images out of it.

I have a few Nikon film cameras. The only pic I have handy is this F100 and a thoroughly used 35-70 f2.8.

index.php

I use a D800 professionally. I also own a D7000, D40, FM 100 and an FM2. I just picked an old Nikon F for my son who is getting into film photography. That F was the camera I dreamt about owning when I was younger. I’m glad he has it and is thrilled.

I’ve got a beautiful Nikon sitting that my BIL left me, not even sure of the model with 2 boxes filled with extra lenses and stuff I don’t even know what is. I know he wanted me to learn how to use it, just been sitting since he passed and I think it’s about time to pull all of it out and start honoring his wishes.

I’ve got a beautiful Nikon sitting that my BIL left me, not even sure of the model with 2 boxes filled with extra lenses and stuff I don’t even know what is. I know he wanted me to learn how to use it, just been sitting since he passed and I think it’s about time to pull all of it out and start honoring his wishes.

Let us know what you have and we can give you some advice

Will do, going to dig it out and get it charging tomorrow I’ll post up the model. I think it’s a D7000 going from memory and I’ll post a few pics of the extra stuff. Some I have no idea what it is.

The D7000 is a pretty decent digital camera. A few years old but basically one of Nikon's best non-null frame cameras.

I was the most diehard Nikon fan there was, my dad had a FTN, then an F2S. I had a Nikkomat FTN, yes Nikkomat, from Japan. I could recite every option in Nikon's inventory, motor drives, 250 shot external backs, 6mm Fisheye, viewfinders, you name it, even the medical lenses and flashes. Now I have a Minolta only because it was the best bang for the buck at the time.

I own a Nikomat FTN, with 50 1.4 Nikkor and Nikomat everready case. It is superb and in excellent condition. I also own a Nikon FG. And crave a F, F2 or F3 (and yes, Cerebral Palsied me, happens to want one with a ding or three and some brassing which is in impeccable working order). This way I am not afraid to run more film through it.

I use a Nikon D700, but still have my old Nikon F, Nikon F2 and Nikon F3. I also have the original Nikonos underwater camera, although have never used it. Picked it up in a pawn shop years ago. I have a small Nikon point and shoot film camera I bought off a friend. I think that's all of them. Had an SP rangefinder in minty shape that I bought for $200. It was so nice I was afraid to use it. Sold it for $3000. I think I'd like another, but maybe something a little more brassy so I wouldn't worry about tarnishing it.

Nikon F.jpg Nikon F.jpg

Last edited:
No film cameras, but my modest Nikon collection includes a couple of lenses and D5200, D7100, and the newest addition (and my first full-frame camera), D750 cameras.

I'm now on a Nikon kick, after pickup up a lowly little D40 with a really nice 35mm AF-S DX F/1.8G attached to it for very silly money (like $50 lol). I took some shots of my girlfriend doing some horse jumping with it and man, those colours really pop on the Nikon! This got me looking at other Nikons and within a week I picked up a slightly tired D300 (body rubbers in bad shape) with attached 18-200 VR for $100. Shortly after that, along came a D300S and I'm waiting on delivery of the 80-200 F/2.8 (purchased with fungus for $50 !!!). There's a superb disassembly / cleaning video of this very lens on Youtube, so I'll be giving it a go. I also picked up the 28-70 F/2.8-4 in the same deal.

Fro now on, my 'DX' format camera will be pretty much any Nikon because I love their colour rendition and JPEG ability. My 'FX' is my brand new Sony A7iii with Sony 24-240 OSS lens - it's a freaking awesome combination !

Taken with a D610 w/Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED. I recently bought an older 80-200 F2.8D for a couple hundred bucks. It's a nice lens if you don't need fast AF (I don't mind manual focus), I wanted a decent medium zoom but the new ones are even pricier than those primes.

Lenses.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom