Any Subaru guys out there?

OKRbasshead

Love Subaru’s have had nothing but joy come from both of mine tho in the middle of combining the two at the moment wanted to see anyone else’s projects and rides.

0717-00548.jpg Had them in the family but never one of my own. A coworker has a subaru drag car and his family markets racing subaru gear.

Last edited:
Love 'em! I've worked in the ski industry for the last couple decades and they are the NW car of choice for skiers and snowboarders.
This was my 93 Impreza, 270k on the original clutch. I sold it to a kid on CL when it lost 1st gear.

'IMG_2002.JPG

Upgraded to a 2010 and have been building it into a track toy over the last couple years.

Snow Subaru.jpg

A couple links to driving videos:
The Ridge Motorsport park last year
MaryHill Hill Climb in Goldendale Wa

Love 'em! I've worked in the ski industry for the last couple decades and they are the NW car of choice for skiers and snowboarders.
This was my 93 Impreza, 270k on the original clutch. I sold it to a kid on CL when it lost 1st gear.

'View attachment 1175551

Upgraded to a 2010 and have been building it into a track toy over the last couple years.

View attachment 1175554

A couple links to driving videos:
The Ridge Motorsport park last year
MaryHill Hill Climb in Goldendale Wa
Like the older red one but that new Impreza is a mean little beast what all have you done to it

I own a 95 legacy l wagon with the 2.2 and the 5 speed and a 98 forester l wagon with a 2.5 and automatic but the 95s 5 speed blew on me and the foresters 2.5 has a blown head gasket of course lol but I’m takin the 2.2 and putting it in the forester with a legacy gtbs turbo and been tryna find a 6 speed for it

Holy cow I bet that thing is mean do you happen to know what times it runs
We've since parted ways. after i posted i did a little looking seems like he won but moved on to a mopar motor:dunno:.
I know it was the SVT motor severely modified. I know the class some variation of competition eliminator) was limited by configuration. IIRC i think low 6s but its been a while. If you're really curious i'll send him a text and ask.

I had a 99 Impreza wagon, 2.2 with the 5-speed. I loved that little car . Upgraded sways, Feal revalved STI struts, WRX brakes, short shifter, a nice sound system... It was a great little car.

One of my favorite cars was a Subaru. A 2006 Baja Turbo (5 Speed manual) that I purchased new in 2006. AWD and built in Japan! I put 103K trouble free miles on it (got brake pads once I think) - it was a lot of fun!

We've since parted ways. after i posted i did a little looking seems like he won but moved on to a mopar motor:dunno:.
I know it was the SVT motor severely modified. I know the class some variation of competition eliminator) was limited by configuration. IIRC i think low 6s but its been a while. If you're really curious i'll send him a text and ask.
I feel ya and I ain’t got no problem with a mopar engine but the h6 drag car would’ve been like a one of a kind

I have a '90 Legacy, I have no idea how many miles (500,000+), It has no problems towing a 14' raft and a loaded trailer over the passes.

subaru.jpg

I have a 2001 Forester. 5-speed and the only mods are WRX wheels, sticky Firestone tires and tint.

I'd like to find a relatively low mileage, 5-speed blobeye WRX wagon in a color I don't hate.

Never been a big Sube fan, probably just because the ones I owned were not some of their better offerings, to say the least.

I had 2 early '90s Loyales, both with the 1.8 turbo. Those engines were known for eating head gaskets and/or cracking heads, and that's what both of them did. The power was FAR from being impressive for being turbo, too. I think they were only rated at 110 HP.

I also had an '86 GL wagon that had the crappy 3at non O/D 3 speed automatic. Those transmissions made those cars into a gas sucking turds that couldn't get out of their own way. At 70mph, the engine was spinning at 4k RPMs.:eek: You would think that being geared that low, they would run decent , but nope. And, the 3at had a crappy electrically engaged clutch that drove the rear wheels for the 4wd, which no longer worked in mine. So, I had a gutless pig that was only fwd and got 20 mpg at best.:rolleyes: My 4x4 S10 Blazer that I had around that time got about that.

I did (briefly) have a 4x4 4 speed Brat with T tops that I bought for $60. It had a bad motor and a lien on the title. I flipped it, selling it for parts. I still wish I had kept it and got it road worthy. Those things were cool and are worth a few bucks now.

That said, if I needed a vehicle and came across one at a reasonable price I might try another one. I know some people swear by them and get a shit ton of miles out of them.

We have a '13 Outback. First Subie, so we'll see how it goes.

Have been noticing more souped-up Subies on the road lately. I saw a Forrester with low-profile tires the other day. I dunno...it just didn't look quite right.

I always thought they should make a legacy wagon with wrx under tones.
It doesn't have to be a full out noisy racer. Just a spacious comfy car with awd and some personality when called upon :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom