Anyone hear of Advent 4002's?

I have Advent 5002s and they are a phenominal speaker. So I'm sure there are 4002s and I would imagine that they are pretty nice too.

They use the same drivers as the 5002 but in a smaller box. The 4002's are quite nice, but the larger 5002's are really the correct box dimensions for that woofer and it's amazing how much better the same drivers sound in a bigger box.

What a great link from Fun2Learn! Thanks to everyone. I don't own a pair. There are two pairs for sale on CL and I was curious.

4002 crossover schematic?

I was curious if anyone has the schematic for the 4002 network? My inlaws have both the 4002 and the 5002. The 5002 network appears to be different from 4002, so I don't think it's simply the same drivers in a differnt size box. I could be wrong...

Thanks Fun2Learn! Every time someone posts that link I have to look through it again. 3002's were my first real speakers. Sold them for a pair of Polk 10B's back in the day. Wish I had them back.

I was curious if anyone has the schematic for the 4002 network? My inlaws have both the 4002 and the 5002. The 5002 network appears to be different from 4002, so I don't think it's simply the same drivers in a differnt size box. I could be wrong...

Dunno about the crossover (although I would expect it to be different), but they are definitely the same drivers (woofer and tweeter) with the same part numbers.

Advent 4002

I have owned just about every advent model produced and the 4002 is one of the best I've heard. You have the great bass of the advent woofer and a much, much better tweeter than the outdated fried egg style tweeter. In my opinion the transitions are better on the 4002 than the 5002 which is a tad boomy unless you have them in a very large room.

Resurrecting an old thread. I picked up a set of Advent 4002's recently. I installed new Metal Poly 5.6 + 2.0 (the stock electro cap had 7.5 stamped on it) Audyn, Dayton caps and surrounds from SS. I'm able to say I really like them a lot, much more than the Large Avents I have in my girlfriends house. The diffrence being the set at K's are much larger and use the fried egg tweeter while these little 4002's use a soft dome and a smaller cabinet. The bass the 4002's produce seems so natural like it's in the room not coming from the speaker, similar to the Tritrix Transmission Lines I have but more pronounced. I did not expect these to sound so smooth and natural, so easy to listen to. For the size and relative low cost to acquire and maintain its a hell of good little speaker in my opinion.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom