Anyone in the Albuquerque area?

We came from Waterford. I don't miss the weather

Our daughter moved from Scottsdale AZ to Michigan in December four years ago. Her husband is from Michigan but they are both ready to move back to the southwest. We are looking forward to their return.

I understand that. Our 2 daughters moved here 11 and 7 years ago. I've been applying for jobs out here for a couple years.

Went to HS and college out there, still have family there so I visit ABQ 2-3 times a year. About to make a visit in mid-March actually.

Another shoutsy-doodle from the southern part of the state!

Sounding like there is more in our neck of the woods than I originally thought!

First post, new to AK. Living in Gallup, soon undertaking a SX-780 repair if any of you ABQ'ers are looking to help some fresh blood.

Randall, looks like we are two of the few left in this dyeing breed! Well, at least locally. The only real audio store left in the area was Sound Quest in El Paso. Looks like they sell video and car audio only now.

Randall, looks like we are two of the few left in this dyeing breed! Well, at least locally. The only real audio store left in the area was Sound Quest in El Paso. Looks like they sell video and car audio only now.
Sad but true unfortunately. There is a couple of spots locally worth checking out, but nothing groundbreaking. Craigslist is typically a barren wasteland too.

An online pal of mine lives south of Santa Fe but is not an AK member. He just moved to the area from Portland OR. I should let him know about this. :)

Sad but true unfortunately. There is a couple of spots locally worth checking out, but nothing groundbreaking. Craigslist is typically a barren wasteland too.
Yep. The only place to buy anything is EPay. But, I did pick up a pair of JBL4333s from CL in Albuquerque. The people were moving to a smaller house and needed to downsize. Last year somebody had what looked to be a really nice pair of L96s up there for $500. I should have moved on them. But I'm loaded with too many speakers as it is! I notice they did not last long on CL. About 10 years ago Sound Quest had a pair of used Infinity reference standards, the big guys with the servo box for the woofer cabinets, for $3000. I did not really have the room for that size of system. But I did feel my credit card fluttering in my wallet.
Wildcat. Get your friend on here. Santa Fe may be a little better place for audio, but not that much better then here.

I have seen 4 of us in Las Cruces active on the forum so far. I have had a couple of scores at thrift, and prospects at pawn shops. There is a store that also a couple of places worth checking out too if you are on the hunt for stuff. If you are after details, just hit me up.

They used a local restaurant called Twisters on Isleta Blvd for the chicken restaurant. That was a good series.
They now have one booth marked as Walter White's booth and it has a monitor above it endlessly playing BB episodes. That used to be MY booth because it's the best one for watching the parking lot in a pretty sketchy neighborhood.

I have seen 4 of us in Las Cruces active on the forum so far. I have had a couple of scores at thrift, and prospects at pawn shops. There is a store that also a couple of places worth checking out too if you are on the hunt for stuff. If you are after details, just hit me up.
Yes. Name a few. I have checked a couple of pawn shops, but they had serious junk.

Regards,

John

New to AK. I live in Sandia Park, NM (on the other side of the Sandias). Starting out again (meaning returning to vinyl) after 40 years; also, restarting my music collection again after losing it...so sad.
NIce to know there are others around here in ABQ area.

Have fun!
Alfonso

Back
Top Bottom