AR The Turntable

mondonico

Hello Im new to this site and vinyl after a forty year absence I'm now the owner of a two AR turntables and will have lots of questions. I have been looking and reading on this site for years but never pulled the trigger till last month. My first question is on AR The Turntable. I am missing both the counter weight and the rca cable. I believe I read somewhere that Jelco made the AR turntable arm and I'm wondering if I can use parts from their arms or do I have to find one from an AR arm. I don't have that table yet so I can't say how many pins it has. Is that a fairly standard item. Like I said I am new to this and not very up to date.

Thanks for all the info I have been reading on here already.

Bill

Reach out to members Sfrost and marcmorin.
I suspect they have more time between them hot rodding ARs than you have eating.

I think Marc did the motor and suspension on mine.
Steve did the plinth, arm and platter.
You really can't go wrong with either:thumbsup:20180802_205349.jpg20180802_205337.jpg
In case anybody was wondering how that happened, I bought used with Marc's work done already.
I discovered Steve by accident .
He came over to buy another AR I had.
He looked at mine quickly for a quick eval, we talked for a few minutes and he left with both.
Properly done, you'd have to spend a lot of money to better these (IMO, north of a G)

Last edited:
Do you have pictures of the arm? The Jelco arm could be the smaller one, but other counterweights from the Jelco series should be OK to use. I had the version you have, plus an XA, which is pictured in my avatar picture.

Thanks for the replys. I am in contact with Marc. And no I don't have the ar turntable at this time but looking for some advice. So thanks from a true newbie.

Also, some great looking tables. I've been lurking on sights like this for almost 15 years and they are works of art from my view point. Not even being able to listen to them.

here is a photo of the arm I need parts for. A counter weight and a rca cable. Not a great photo but best I have for now. It's the original tonearm from the AR turntable. 1985

1125802-52c442a6d088fd881a1b3cd71d90e353.jpg

The name of the company would be very much appreciated. To finish off the last thing of a completely modded Marc masterpiece .

here is a photo of the arm I need parts for. A counter weight and a rca cable. Not a great photo but best I have for now. It's the original tonearm from the AR turntable. 1985

1125802-52c442a6d088fd881a1b3cd71d90e353.jpg

any 90deg DIN cable will work, the floppier the better because it becomes a 'tunable" part of the suspension. The arm is an early version of the Jelco 250 ST. current production C/Ws should work.

did they emboss the AR logo, or is that something you had done?
They did the logo too. Really amazing dust cover. Way thicker than the stock cover. They can even make the height custom so that it fits on any aftermarket tonearm lifts that are used.
Thanks
Ernie

Back
Top Bottom