Attn: All fantasy football participants

ProAc_Fan

Addicted Member
Being new to this too I didn't really notice whats been going on. It seems there are some teams that are loading up with 3 defences or 6 WR's just to keep those players/teams away from other teams. I understand that by league rules this is perfectly legal although it seems a tad unfair. I never even knew you could have 3 defences on your team. I don't want to try and tell anyone what to do but this league is basically for fun and something to watch on Sundays. In the spirit of fairplay, I'm going to request that coaches try and stick with the type of lineup that was recommended during the draft. That will free up some good players/defences so others can compete. Guys shouldn't have backups to backups.

QBs- 2
RBs-3
TEs-2
WRs-4
Kickers-2
DEF's-2

This is only a suggestion. Obviously any coach can do as he wishes. Hopefully this would leave some good players available should an injury occur or a player has a bye week.

Thanks Mike

Mike:

Remember, you are only allowed so many players/positions. If someone decides to have 3 defenses, they will have fewer folks/less depth somewhere else. Just like in the NFL, you have a roster of so many allowed; how you allocate your bodies is up to you.

I don't think it's prevention as much as options/insurance. Look at your team. This week you have 3 guys on a bye and Marshall Faulk hurt; you need bodies to cover them, so you have to have some depth. Also, you want to have the best matchup posible; a lesser player against a weak defense may outscore a stud against a killer defense, so you may choose to play the weaker player.

I play in two other leagues and there's only 2 things I'd change here. First, we have unlimited moves and I'd change that to some set number. That way folks can't be constantly changing their teams to cover byes and injuries. However, anyone put on waivers always is at risk, and may get snapped up by another coach. Also, once you get close to your limit, you have to be careful; once you've made your moves you can't get anyone off waivers and may have to offer trades at a disadvantage (the opposing coach knows he has you over a barrel)

Second, I'd use fractional points. right now 19 yards is 0, 20 is 1. Fractional points would give you credit for every yard, ie. 19 yards is 0.95 pts.

I'd agree that 3 defenses is too much, but only because I'd rather have more options at QB/RB/WR.

"Being new to this too"

That say it all. I believe other than Andy, everyone else is getting their feet wet in their initial year of fantasy ball. And while I've learned alot in 8 short weeks I don't feel I know enough to take advantage of the rules. I can't speak for the others but I'm not "loading up" on players to keep from my league mates. I'm just looking to field the "best team" available each week. I have every intention to play the people I have. Sometimes I'll have some crazy thoughts and will aquire players should I decide to go that direction. For instance, I sat T.Green this week [what?]. In his spot I considered either J.Delhomme, B.Leftwich or Q.Carter. During the week I picked all three and kept Leftwich and Carter. Starting Leftwich. I waived Delhomme and may waive Carter too. I made a bunch of WR moves as well but waived all of them before Sunday.

I won't say that the thought of speculating on who my weekly opponent may want off waivers hasn't crossed my mind but there isn't enough roster positions to really do that. I agree with Andy, "it's all about options/insurance". So I just focus on my team, who "my matchups" are, not who the other guys have. This league is not cut throat, it's about having a good time. Hell, we haven't even decided on what [if anything] we're playng for. I've wished everyone well and made annoucements to benefit others. The talent was fairly split up before the season and then people were able to pick up or unload as they wished. Because of our size I'm always surprized at the talent pool to choose from each week. If people aren't paying attention who's fault is that. The only change I'd make on the position breakdown is at the TE position. One is more than enough, some weeks I'd just leave that position open and hold onto another position player for bye weeks.

MikE

Re: "Being new to this too"

Originally posted by MikE
The only change I'd make on the position breakdown is at the TE position. One is more than enough, some weeks I'd just leave that position open and hold onto another position player for bye weeks.

MikE

MikE [/B]

You're starting to get it! Two tight ends in this league is nuts, especially since you can pick one up every week. If you don't have Gonzo (he just scored!), Schockey, Sharpe or Franks, it really doesn't matter; your kicker will get more points. It wouldn't surprise me if someone dropped the position and ran empty to keep depth somewhere else. I dumped my kicker last year in a league that was a point a yard; when you're scoring hundreds of point what difference does 5-10 points make?
Four WRs and 3 RBs realy aren't enough. If someone is on a bye you have no choices; if two are out you're shafted. And injuries matter too, as you have to suck it up and hold them on roster hoping that they'll be back, right Michael Vick and Marshall Faulk coaches??
I really don't see anything cutthroat; I'm not an ex-jock and not a big gamester. I just like building the best team and making the best matchups hoping for the win. And you need depth/choices to do that. But, what happens Sunday always has some interesting twists ( just ask any 49ers fan today). Last time I looked, I had the highest point total in the league, but I'll probably wind up losing my game once the rest of the 'Bolts kick in.
So anyway, what ARE we playing for??? LPs, CDs, Porcelain piggies?

But, what happens Sunday always has some interesting twists ( just ask any 49ers fan today).
Huh? What? :para:

Carl:grumpy:

Carlboys must be sucking eggs right now too!

Shockley aint worth his weight in a steaming pile of dog shit. He scored me maybe 10 points total the whole damn season......As soon as I cast him off he will kick my ass for one of you vultures :mad:

hate to say it,but byes and injuries seem to be a good thing.imo
its gives me a chance to shuffle a little,and hopefully pick a fa,that will surprise that week

are we doing the $20 agaion this year. i don't do paypal, but will gladly remit USPS money order to cover my entry. just need name and address.

Back
Top Bottom