Audiophile or Music Lover?

Are you an Audiophile or Music Lover?

• Audiophile

Votes: 66 17.1%
  • Music Lover

Votes: 321 82.9%

• Total voters
"Music"

I grew up listening to a hand held transistor radio in the sixties which inspired me to learn how to play guitar & drums.
My equipment is better than ever now, but the music remains the same for me.

Last edited:
Finally more equity in this obsession now. But for every dollar i've spent on hardware, i've still prolly spent $100 on soft.

I'm going to go with Music Lover. It don't matter if I'm listening to music on a boom box or a 120 watt per channel receiver. I do have a lot of equipment, but that is because I have a lot of different types of media that my music is on to choose from.

Music Lover, I've a few nice pieces,but it all souds the same to me.

(maybe I need to turn my hearing-aid up more):D

Me? I'm a badly outdated low-grade audiophile, and a very highly-trained musician. Audiophilia comes and goes from what I experience, but music...never. It is an essential and utterly indestructible part of who I am.

I'm a music lover . . . but I really can't stand listening to good music or a good recording on a sub-standard system. So, given the two choices, what does that make me??

Other than another member in need of a third option . . . "Both"!

It has always been and will always be about the music. The equipment I own has improved over the years but the joy is in the music itself. Of course I enjoy having nice equipment but I have spent much more money acquiring music than I have spent on the conveyance of it. :music:

Music lover always, no matter what its coming out of. I really enjoy finding out how good the music sounds from older vintage equipment.

I'm more of a tinkerer. I enjoy working on the gear as much or more than I enjoy listening to it.

Neither..Over worked,under paid, multi-skilled technician.With to little time to enjoy my own toys.

Both. If I hear a song I love while in the car, I crank it, even though the system in my car sucks lol. I also enjoy hearing every last detail in my music, hence the partial audiophile moniker.

Music lover, audio enthusiast.

I get so much more of a thrill exploring music than agonizing over placement, speaker wire gauge, isolation, and power management. Sure, everyone loves to get new gear, but I can't let the gear take precedent over my music. Once I get my system dialed in, I forget about it and return to the jams.

Music lover.

Pretty well through with the audiophile mode that I had to get into, while I built my system.

Just need a great cartridge............Benz Glider anyone?....and I will be done.

Love the system. Lotta bang for the buck.

Already setting for hours.......just listening. And buying vinyl like Roy Orbison Master Recording.....tho latest buy was.......... 3 blossom Dearie CDs.........Heaven!

Back
Top Bottom