Barter Town, or Other Selling & Buying Venues

I just re-subscribed after about a two year hiatus. Is Bartertown still the place to post items for sale? I recently came into quite a bit of vintage gear that I need to move.

Thanks in advance...
Wayne

Bartertown is the place ...
There is no other here.

I just re-subscribed after about a two year hiatus. Is Bartertown still the place to post items for sale? I recently came into quite a bit of vintage gear that I need to move.

Thanks in advance...
Wayne
Yes, it is Barter Town for all Buying, Selling & Trading.

While logged in, unable to preview barter town, msg.says "unable to view at this time." I'd like to see what's it all about. .. just curious!

While logged in, unable to preview barter town, msg.says "unable to view at this time." I'd like to see what's it all about. .. just curious!
You have to be a SUBSCRIBER (red banner under your avatar) to access Bartertown.
Its only $25 a year, helps fund the site, and is generally a very cool resource for hardware and media ...
I've probably bought over a dozen CDs just last year, sold some hardware, and its paid for itself a few times over ...

There's a "preview " function on here for those of us not-yet-subscribed to get a taste of it, presumably to view sample ads/content. That's what my previous post was about. I know that normal interactions mandate subscription, just want to investigate a bit ...

There's a "preview " function on here for those of us not-yet-subscribed to get a taste of it, presumably to view sample ads/content. That's what my previous post was about. I know that normal interactions mandate subscription, just want to investigate a bit ...

Not a preview function, a Preview thread - I think they need to post copies or samples to it ... - Here is a direct link

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/welcome-to-barter-town-preview.364230/

I'm not a moderator or Admin or anything - They did a Forum Software change a while back and that broke most images on the site from before that time. and I think with the holidays, folks may be a bit behind updating the preview thread ...

Heather is correct, the preview images in the BT Preview thread were corrupted or lost in the site software change. This later post added a few views after the SW change but it does need some updating. The .pdf file is probably the better one to view as it can be enlarged. However, here are a couple of quick images (sanitized to hide sellers/buyers).

Index Page:
upload_2018-1-3_10-3-36.png

Sample of BT Equipment listing page (sellers/buyers hidden) - see attached .pdf.

Attachments

• BarterTown_-_Equipment_Audiokarma_2018-01-03_Pg1-s1.pdf
    382.8 KB · Views: 41
Tnx to both of you, plausible explanation. Software upgrades, IME, tend to create hidden problems, which is why I'm hesitant to do any upgrades on my smartphone. Last time I did, I regretted it. I'm not going away, will eventually subscribe. A rich resource to be tapped here.

Oh geez, I missed that and subscribed. I’m glad to help the site, but I think that the Bartertown preview should be deleted.

Oh geez, I missed that and subscribed. I’m glad to help the site, but I think that the Bartertown preview should be deleted.
BarterTown is still thriving.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have the red subscriber banner showing under your avatar, so your subscription status looks good. To check the expiry, click on your avatar, then on "Account upgrades"; you should be showing as "subscriber" with the expiration date listed. For any issues with your subscription or privileges, please contact admin luvvinvinyl.

I can't seem to find the "Market Place" for normal selling and WTB. Please advise.
Open only to subscribers (those with red banner under their handle. I recommend spending the $25/year, it's a great investment, opens up access to subscriber-only content & supports AK.
You've been a member long enough to know that!

Back
Top Bottom