BEWARE: I think I've been scammed by Noah Schumacher (Vintage Audio Restoration)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always pay someone to retrieve your property. Tomorrow.

The money is gone. Unless you really need to go there. I would call it schooling money.

He just sent me photos after all these months and he has NOT worked on the amp at all. It looks exactly like it did when I sent it to him. Now he's asking me to pay for a shipping label. FML

Guess he hasn't stolen enough from you already.

IF you pay him for shipping
a. you might get your unit back
b. you just lost more money
c. he may need more money as he underestimated the previous shipping cost
d. which means you lose even more money

This is a great example for doing your due diligence before doing business with somebody unknown.

Last edited:
I thought I did. I did not know this guy's full name. I researched his "company" name and could not find complains about it. His blogs looks great, great work, there were good comments from "customers", etc. He got me good. I've only been on AK for a short time and I am new to restoration and people who do work on these rare vintage units. I am not going to give him more money, so he proceeds to scam me again. I read that UPS shipping label is part of his scam, since he never let UPS pick your stuff. I'll file a report, and I am too far away to go beat the shit out of him....

If it was done it would be posted on his blog for bragging rights.

This pisses me off. I met Noah a few times I live a few miles from Evansville. Thought wow a young tech to carry the torch from the ones retiring. We talked shop quite a bit.

After a few months having my gear he got pissy towards me saying he was in the hospital and in Germany opening another shop. Never even had a shop in WI as he told me many times. Luckily I got my shit back restored.

I learned to fix my own gear after this escapade.

Try to play it cool with him until you get the gear back. Did you pay him with a card?

Now he's claiming he's worked on it.... when he clearly did almost nothing to it for 6 months. He's blaming me for cancelling the "project"...and now I need to pay him more. This dude is amazing.

You can set up your own account and have a shipping label emailed to him that will be charged back to you - IF the item is ever sent. My FedEx account does this anyway. It's called Return Shipping. This might be a way to keep from having to send $.

You can set up your own account and have a shipping label emailed to him that will be charged back to you - IF the item is ever sent. My FedEx account does this anyway. It's called Return Shipping. This might be a way to keep from having to send $.
That's a good idea, I'll see what I can do about this. Thanks!

you need to follow thru with the suggestion above, find a fellow AKer who lives somewhere in the vicinity, ergo within some driveable distance who will pickup the unit for you, then pack and ship it. that may be the only way you will see your piece again

Your story is not an anomaly! I've read numerous posts, here and elsewhere. Money upfront, adding the you have sent your amp, gives him all the advantage to do NOTHING. Yes, I have used Noah twice. Quite slow, absolutely zero communication from him throughout the repair/restoration process. I consistently had to contact him for updates. Keep prodding! Keep all communications, (back and forth). I bet you will be "drug through the mud" and be the bad guy. He was banned here for numerous complaints regarding his ethics, and their are complaints against his business, "Hallo FI Electronics" registered with the BBB. If he still was in Wisconsin, I'm sure a few of us could get together and pay him a "visit".

That address you sent it to is a Mountain home that was sold last year in June for $800K, either he is really slow tech or really good scammer. Probably not even his real name.
Good to know. So he picked the box I sent from there? I sent the unit in August last year. Jesus,he's really good at this apparently. Someone has to stop him.

Just for yuks, anybody know who started the website? Super disgruntled in any case with a real bone to pick.

There's a lot more at the link posted that can be kinda hard to find. Click on the funny little lined box in the upper right hand corner. That gives you a menu of other pages, listing court actions, BBB issues, etc ad nauseum. Certainly an interested read showing you're not alone ...

Scams by this guy date back to 2015. I feel that he keeps doing this because people let it go. It's the most radical and easy thing to do I guess, but man...this ****er needs to get stopped. There are numerous reports against him...he scammed lots of people in the last 4 years. I am not the first one.

Just for yuks, anybody know who started the website? Super disgruntled in any case with a real bone to pick.

There's a lot more at the link posted that can be kinda hard to find. Click on the funny little lined box in the upper right hand corner. That gives you a menu of other pages, listing court actions, BBB issues, etc ad nauseum. Certainly an interested read showing you're not alone ...
Yes, it's pretty disturbing. And this guys keeps doing it with no real consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom